[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texans to try to move off #1

theeohiostate

Take D'Brick or Mario Williams in the 1st round

Spend all but one of the next six picks on offensive and defensive linemen.

Spend the one remaining pick on a cornerback.

...but, then again, I've been saying HOU should do this for the last two or three years...

Edited by muck

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are saying there's no need to take Bush as they don't need him. Then you say that they need to move back and get Brick. You also say there's no way they take Brick at 1 as he's not a #1 overall pick. Well, what if they can't get a decent offer for #1 and are stuck there? Do they take Bush who they don't need or take Brick who they do but isn't perceived as the overall #1?

Trade with the Jets for Abraham and the 4 and take Brick there. Is that better than being greedy looking for a HUGH deal and not getting it and then picking someone you don't really need?

You guys are saying there's no need to take Bush as they don't need him.  Then you say that they need to move back and get Brick.  You also say there's no way they take Brick at 1 as he's not a #1 overall pick.  Well, what if they can't get a decent offer for #1 and are stuck there?  Do they take Bush who they don't need or take Brick who they do but isn't perceived as the overall #1? 

Trade with the Jets for Abraham and the 4 and take Brick there.  Is that better than being greedy looking for a HUGH deal and not getting it and then picking someone you don't really need?

1345525[/snapback]

Is that Jets deal on the table? I mean if it was there I think they would do it.

I think the only way this would work is if one of the teams in the top 5 desperately wanted to go after bush and give up a lot to move up. and that's just not the case.

1345618[/snapback]

Teams might want to trade up to get Leinart too.

If the Jets want Leinart, they need to move up.

If the Jets want Bush, they need to move up.

Saints are taking a QB

Titans may get Bush, Leinart, Young, Cutler falling to them...which would be a choice. They need a RB, and could use a QB for the future.

I don't think you'll see division rivals making the swap between the Titans and Texans.

Would be cool to see Bush as a Titan facing the Texans twice a year...

Edited by mggoilers

Sorry if already posted, too lazy to read all the posts here. I have heard a rumor that the trade will happen and the following will go down:

1) Jets - Cutler

2) Saints - Leinart

3) Tenn - Young

4) Houston - Bush

Anyone else hear this?

You guys are saying there's no need to take Bush as they don't need him.  Then you say that they need to move back and get Brick.  You also say there's no way they take Brick at 1 as he's not a #1 overall pick.  Well, what if they can't get a decent offer for #1 and are stuck there?  Do they take Bush who they don't need or take Brick who they do but isn't perceived as the overall #1? 

Trade with the Jets for Abraham and the 4 and take Brick there.  Is that better than being greedy looking for a HUGH deal and not getting it and then picking someone you don't really need?

1345525[/snapback]

I would do this trade in a heartbeat if I was Houston. They do not need a RB, QB or WR. They need OL, DL and Def in general. If Houston can not trade the #1 pick then I would take Brick. You need to start building an offensive line.

Take D'Brick or Mario Williams in the 1st round

Spend all but one of the next six picks on offensive and defensive linemen.

Spend the one remaining pick on a cornerback.

...but, then again, I've been saying HOU should do this for the last two or three years...

1345522[/snapback]

I agree with you a 100%. Even if they end up keeping the #1 overall pcik.

Sorry if already posted, too lazy to read all the posts here.  I have heard a rumor that the trade will happen and the following will go down:

1) Jets - Cutler

2) Saints - Leinart

3) Tenn - Young

4) Houston - Bush

Anyone else hear this?

1346555[/snapback]

Cutler at 1? :D

I think Spielberg paid over 100 million for Amy Irving after they divorced, which would be the most.

1345749[/snapback]

If Anna Nicole Smith wins her suit infront of the US Supreme Court, she will take the title.

I think something like $1.6 billion is at stake here...

Sorry if already posted, too lazy to read all the posts here.  I have heard a rumor that the trade will happen and the following will go down:

1) Jets - Cutler

2) Saints - Leinart

3) Tenn - Young

4) Houston - Bush

Anyone else hear this?

1346555[/snapback]

I think the Jets could stay number 4 and get Cutler.

If I am the Jets I am loving my draft pick this year. let the other 3 teams in front and take a RB and 2QB's and then they take D Brick. but for some odd reason they think they need to draft another 1st round QB.