[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Foxsports says Young could fall to Raiders

kpholmes

I am in complete agreement we need help on D. But I think it has to come in the form of DL not LB! They've got some decent young talent at LB, in Morrison, Clark. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind seeing AJ Hawk, but if Vince Young fell to us, how do we pass? Kerry Collins is OK, but not OK for the future. And I don't know about Walter. Vince Young has established himself, so I'd like it if Al took the chance on a young QB like this.

But all that said and aside, I'm thinking it's going to be AJ Hawk/Williams.

1344268[/snapback]

Well, I agree about DL over LB, but remember... the Giants had a really good LB corp when they drafted Lawrence Taylor.

Also, Vince Young HASN'T established himself. He has college stats. That's it. Leinart could be a bust, Bush could be a bust... Young could be a bust. College is college, and in the end no matter what the hype machine says, these are all prospects, not sure things. So I say draft to where you are weakest.

I'm gonna have to disagree. I realize Williams is good and a difference maker, but right now we are doing ok on the line. Sapp finally started to come out of a rut, Burggess was amazing, Brayton and Kelly started to look good, and Hamilton and Washington filled the gaps.

I think A.J. Hawk would be a lot more help to the Raiders than Williams currently. Realizing that Williams is probably a goddly Peppers, Hawk is an impact player who will put up 100 tackles his first year playing next to Morrison and Clark.

Let the D Line go another year, then go for a FA or Draft Pick. I'd much rather have a stud OLB then a stud DE. Especially since LB is such a huge part of the team when you only play 3 of them.

I know a lot of guys will rip me on this post, but its just my opinion on what the Raiders need now. You all have your opinions too. :D

Edited by kpholmes

I'm gonna have to disagree. I realize Williams is good and a difference maker, but right now we are doing ok on the line. Sapp finally started to come out of a rut, Burggess was amazing, Brayton and Kelly started to look good, and Hamilton and Washington filled the gaps.

I think A.J. Hawk would be a lot more help to the Raiders than Williams currently. Realizing that Williams is probably a goddly Peppers, Hawk is an impact player who will put up 100 tackles his first year playing next to Morrison and Clark.

Let the D Line go another year, then go for a FA or Draft Pick. I'd much rather have a stud OLB then a stud DE. Especially since LB is such a huge part of the team when you only play 3 of them.

I know a lot of guys will rip me on this post, but its just my opinion on what the Raiders need now. You all have your opinions too. :D

1344580[/snapback]

I think Warren Sapp is horrible and they need to fill that spot desperately. But I'm not going to rip you so long as we both agree that we should be drafting Defense, regardless where. :D

You know, Young can throw the ball a mile so with Randy Moss stretching the field, it would give Young plenty of room to run. That would be an interesting place for him to play.

1343764[/snapback]

Randy "just chuck it dog" Moss would make Young look good.