[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Brett Favre retire?

Randall

Will Brett Favre retire?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will Brett Favre retire?

• Yes
    • No

This was written last week. Do you think he will retire and have a bad year his last or come back 1 more year?

"By Jim Corbett, USA TODAY

INDIANAPOLIS — Brett Favre has been in touch with Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson and new coach Mike McCarthy on an almost weekly basis of late, but there is nothing new to report regarding his decision to possibly retire — a decision that Favre and wife Deanna are contemplating.

The fact that Favre is calling regularly from his Mississippi farm to check in would seem to be a positive sign that he is still open to returning for a 16th season after a miserable 4-12 campaign that saw him throw a career-high 29 interceptions.

"We've had some really nice conversations and I really like Brett and Deanna," Thompson said Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine. "I haven't tried to speculate. I know what I want him to do. But this is going to be their decision and I'm comfortable with that."

Is there a deadline?

"We haven't really established a deadline," Thompson says. "I think all the parties know when a decision probably needs to be made."

Ideally, that would be by the March 3rd start of free agency. But, more likely, the club needs to know before the April 29-30 draft.