[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good news for the Saints

myhousekey

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/washington/in...19630217810.xml

WASHINGTON -- The federal government announced Tuesday it would pay $91 million toward repairs of the Louisiana Superdome, moving the battered New Orleans landmark a step closer to reopening in time for the start of football season in September.

"This is a huge shot in the arm for us and the state so we can get some of the repair contracts rolling along," said Doug Thornton, vice president of SMG, the Philadelphia-based company that operates the 79,000-seat stadium. "This represents a fairly significant portion of the total."

Hurricane and flood damage has been estimated at about $140 million, including a large hole in the roof and water damage throughout the building. Thornton said he expected FEMA will ultimately contribute as much as $115 million to restore the Superdome to its pre-Katrina condition.

I kind of wished they would have torn the dome down and built a new one but any federal money is a good thing.

Edited by myhousekey

Guest Sores
I kind of wished they would have torn the dome down and built a new one

1347269[/snapback]

This is what I thought when I read the thread title....who wants a rebuilt Superdome? Yech...

But I guess if thats what ya got, thats what ya get...

Good news for Saints fans anyways ... Saints managment wants to move to San Antonio or LA, they won't like this excuse to stay.

This is the federal government too so take things with a grain of salt. They "announce to pay" for things all the time, then the money never shows up.

Good news for Saints fans anyways ... Saints managment wants to move to San Antonio or LA, they won't like this excuse to stay.

This is the federal government too so take things with a grain of salt. They "announce to pay" for things all the time, then the money never shows up.

1352458[/snapback]

What did congress authorize again? $61 billion? Where did it go? My guess would be most went to no bid contracts. Are there still refrigerators in the trees?