[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heads Up Huddlers.

PantherDave

Have'nt had a drop-just more proof that some don't realise how bad this could potenially get in NFL land. Some take NFL Sundays for granite, and this could have a major effect on that privledge, and as a fan, it concerns me.

1347963[/snapback]

Then again, he's a Raven's fan-could it get any worse????

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ignorance on the subject at hand. I know just a tad.

But haven't they agreed to push back the FA deadline so that they can try and get this worked out before hand...? Isn't that a decent sign that both sides care enough to try and resolve it before this gets real ugly.

Being a Canadian, trust me when I say. The NFL does not want this to get ugly, to the likes of what happened in the NHL. It totally tarnished the games name, and they have to take some pretty drastic steps to try and win fans back to the game. With the NFL being America's league (other than MLB which his highly over-rated -- 'nother subject) they do not want to have this thing drag on any further...

Huddlers, the NFL owners are rich-yes, but not rich enough to feild an uncapped NFL. This is very serious business and could literally destroy the integrity and depth of the entire leauge. This could in reality, kill the NFL as we know it-period.

1347796[/snapback]

Reminds me of a warning Noah once gave:

"Neighbors, the Lord is tolerant -yes, but not tolerant enough to allow an uncontroled world.  This is very serious business and could literally destroy the livelihood of the entire civilization.  This could in reality, kill the world as we know it-period."

It's raining in NFL-land ... and may well be boat-building time! :D

I for one am of the thought that they, (NFL owners), will work things out.  They know what they have and they don't want it to go away anymore than us rabid fans of their product.  Having said that, it is indeed a very critical time for the NFL.  They can wipe out everything that got them here to this point very easily if they get something worked out that is in the best interest of the GAME.

1347979[/snapback]

You do realize we're talking about Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder here don't you?

I for one am of the thought that they, (NFL owners), will work things out.  They know what they have and they don't want it to go away anymore than us rabid fans of their product.  Having said that, it is indeed a very critical time for the NFL.  They can wipe out everything that got them here to this point very easily if they get something worked out that is in the best interest of the GAME.

1347979[/snapback]

There is no reason for this. It is a very simple formula and all the owners have to do is follow it and we have the NFL continuing on.....

Give Upshaw everything he demands, every time he demands it.

Upshaw could care less what is in the best interest of the GAME. He doesn't even care about what is in the best interest for the players he supposedly represents. All he lives for is sticking it to the owners. He will never be happy until the owners sign a CBA that gives 99% of revenues to the already overpaid, over fragile, players ... and then he will stall the next time around for the last 1%.

A lot of players are going to lose their jobs over this and no matter what organizations do we are going to have a watered down product. Upshaw could care less.

There is no reason for this. It is a very simple formula and all the owners have to do is follow it and we have the NFL continuing on.....

Upshaw could care less what is in the best interest of the GAME. He doesn't even care about what is in the best interest for the players he supposedly represents. All he lives for is sticking it to the owners. He will never be happy until the owners sign a CBA that gives 99% of revenues to the already overpaid, over fragile, players ... and then he will stall the next time around for the last 1%.

A lot of players are going to lose their jobs over this and no matter what organizations do we are going to have a watered down product. Upshaw could care less.

1348477[/snapback]

Sadly Skylive I think you're right on the money :D

1348477[/snapback]

From what I have been hearing....it may be more the owners that are being greedy this time around, to some extent. They're not saying which owners, but it's sounding like there is a group of them that do want to do away with the salary cap, so they can spend whatever they want on their teams. They want to be able to spend what they want and keep everything they make and not share with other teams.

Have'nt had a drop-just more proof that some don't realise how bad this could potenially get in NFL land. Some take NFL Sundays for granite, and this could have a major effect on that privledge, and as a fan, it concerns me.

1347963[/snapback]

What are they off on. I heard the sticking point was revenue sharing. The league offered 56 1/2% and the PA wanted 60. Is there more?

From what I have been hearing....it may be more the owners that are being greedy this time around, to some extent. They're not saying which owners, but it's sounding like there is a group of them that do want to do away with the salary cap, so they can spend whatever they want on their teams. They want to be able to spend what they want and keep everything they make and not share with other teams.

1348518[/snapback]

What I understand from all that I have read lately this is what ended the negotiations:

"The two sides remain about 4 percent apart in negotiations. A league source confirmed that the NFL is offering 56.2 percent of revenues, while the NFLPA is seeking a 60 percent share of the pie."

Had the owners agreed to the 60% we would have a new CBA.

Guaranteed... the next time negotiations are up... Upshaw will want 70%. That is if the NFLPA doesn't decertify this time around.

Reminds me of a warning Noah once gave:

It's raining in NFL-land ... and may well be boat-building time! :D

1348425[/snapback]

Ironically I read that passage last need. Weird stuff.

What I understand from all that I have read lately this is what ended the negotiations:

"The two sides remain about 4 percent apart in negotiations. A league source confirmed that the NFL is offering 56.2 percent of revenues, while the NFLPA is seeking a 60 percent share of the pie."

Had the owners agreed to the 60% we would have a new CBA.

Guaranteed... the next time negotiations are up... Upshaw will want 70%. That is if the NFLPA doesn't decertify this time around.

1348541[/snapback]

There's also disagreement on what revenues they should be sharing. Currently the owners get to keep all of any revenues earned such as naming rights, luxury suites, signage in the stadium. The players want that revenue added, and there are some owners balking at adding that revenue to the agreement.

There's also disagreement on what revenues they should be sharing. Currently the owners get to keep all of any revenues earned such as naming rights, luxury suites, signage in the stadium. The players want that revenue added, and there are some owners balking at adding that revenue to the agreement.

1348670[/snapback]

LOL I'm surprised that Upshaw hasn't asked for the NFLPA to share in the owners personal income (outside the NFL) and tax return checks. Plus maybe a kickback from all the admin employees income and maybe a share of my FF winnings.

There IS such a thing as being too greedy and unrealistic. But hey... don't let common sense get in the way of gouging more money. I mean, everyone knows that the owners are in it for prestige and not the money and until the NFL owners are operating at a loss Upshaw will never be happy.

The NFL players have the best deal in sports.... all that is going to go away I believe. Soon NFL = MB and I will find something else to do.

1348670[/snapback]

Rachel Nichols just said the PA wants a share of all revenue and the owners say some of that is from money that they invested and the players didn't offer to share losses on speculation. I agree.

I want the cap gone myself.

Personally I agree with Chris Mortenson on ESPN radio this morning. the NFL right now is a bad product. Sure its the best sport around, and most popular, but no where close to the product it used to be. Revenue sharing is a good thing and will keep all teams competetive, but scouting, drafting and player development will have a bigger impact than a team like the Spankees collecting every possible assasin in baseball. The cap is to blame for the poor play, as teams have to let vets go and put youth out there, well before most are ready. Think about it, teams could pay less to keep their own players because they couldnt move for 6 yrs, instead of 4. Thus the overall payroll would be much less to begin with. Then owners could decide what they wanted to pay from their revenue for players. Right now there are teams 15-24 million undfer the cap, and those owners are making millions more dollars because they choose not to spend the money to field the best team possible. And then there are teams like the Raiders, and Jets who completely suck who are 20 mil over the cap and they spend unwisely. So teams like the Birds for the last decade, and the pats, who use vet players more than youth benefit because of their drafting, philosphy and player development, while teams with tight owners who wont pay, or unstable franchises who dont have a clue continue to suck.

Its my opinion teams would be better off without a cap, with true revenue sharing, unlike Major League Baseball. Payroll would be public, and fans could see if their owners were more interested in stashing their pockets or fielding a competitive team. Right now youth is so overpaid, and vets are being run out of the league before their time because of the cap, which leads to an inferior product on the field.

And Im tired of hearing what players want. Players are well compensated, and NFL owners like the owner of any company put his money up to buy the franchise and deserves a much bigger piece of the pie. This is about Greed, and the players need to realize they couldnt get a job making 6 figures doing anything else, let alone 7 or 8 figures, so they should shut up and play.

In this case, I say break the union. Let them die in their own greed. Trust me the Players will be coming to the NFL owners before too long to make a buck, as most would be doing 40K jobs if it werent for this opportunity the owners are giving them. The owners can always find talented players to play for their price. Look at college football, even if we had to start over, the talent base is so great, these players would be forgotten in 2 yrs max.

I think you might be getting a tad carried away here, Dave.  You'll be walking around road intersections with your "The End Is Nigh" sign soon.  :D

1347869[/snapback]

I will admitt, I'm very worried about this, cuz, if it aint broke-don't fix it, just tweak it here and there. I don't want to come across all Doom and Gloom, but I'll feel alot better when we "Know" what the future holds.

PS-I have'nt painted my sign yet  :D

1347871[/snapback]

OK, Now I'm painting my sign-this sucks, and Mort(IMHO) is a nimrod, yeah, let's make the NFL like MLB, where we know, just about every year who will contend for the SB. This(so far, as we have till 10pm)is a sad day, as greed? and ThickHeads? prevail.

No one ever paid for a ticket to watch the owner sit in a luxury box.

1350098[/snapback]

Very true, and if this goes to an uncapped NFL, fans are not going to pay to see 75% of the owners feild a POS squad that a power house Div 1 team could beat as well.

Since Red McCombs is a scumbag, I'd like to blame him for as much as possible.  Maybe the players see dollar signs when owners can buy a team for $200 mil one year and sell it for $600 mil shortly after.

1350192[/snapback]

Simple inflation on a commodity, bought a lot on the intercoastal waterway for $165,000-the next year appraised for $350,000-Red is just a good businessman.

No one ever paid for a ticket to watch the owner sit in a luxury box.

1350098[/snapback]

and noone would be sitting in a stadium watching sports if a group of owners werent willing to form a league, pay primadonna players and put up with bitching fans.

First off what the hell is wrong with people, if you owned a business wouldnt your bottom line be to make money? Everyone wants to pay these monkey athletes whatever they ask for so they can act like idiots and shoot their mouths off.

Who needs idiots like T. Owens, or an accused murder like Ray Lewis, or an bad person like Culpepper who cries racism because he got caught in the luv boat scandle, Denny Mclaine, Pete Rose and the list goes on and on.

It would be a breath of fresh air just to watch all the teams fold and put these malcontent multimillion dollar idiots on unemployment and watch them try and make a real living like the fans have to. Most of the animals would be in jail for robery, rape or murder.

Majority of Athletes = Trash

Want an autograph...sure kid thats $10.00

Sign a contract = I want more or its discrimination/racism

TV Camera = Act like an animal

Performance Clause = Steroids

You want more......I can go on and on