[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Birk:

CaP'N GRuNGe

Hello -- Union leadership is rarely the best and brightest ... typically, they see being parasites off the efforts of others and covering for their inabilities by screaming about oppression by the man much more attractive professionally than actually staying on the job and performing well.  Soooo, folks sucked into union membership are typically left with not necessarily the best and brightest not working for the common good.  Not pretty.  :D

Birk's figured it out. :D

1350685[/snapback]

Not sure where you are going with this... but:

"Eugene Thurman Upshaw Jr. (born August 15, 1945 in Robstown, Texas) is a former football offensive guard who played for the Oakland Raiders for sixteen years after graduating from Texas A&I University. He played in three Super Bowls in the 1967, 1976 and 1980 seasons; he also played in ten title games in the American Football League and the American Football Conference and seven Pro Bowls. Upshaw is currently the only player in NFL history to play in 3 Super Bowls with the same team in 3 different decades."

Hello -- Union leadership is rarely the best and brightest ... typically, they see being parasites off the efforts of others and covering for their inabilities by screaming about oppression by the man much more attractive professionally than actually staying on the job and performing well.  Soooo, folks sucked into union membership are typically left with not necessarily the best and brightest not working for the common good.  Not pretty.  :D

1350685[/snapback]

Yeah, I can dig it. I'm guessing one obtains a position of that nature more through the use of cunning and back-room dealing than anything else.

1350685[/snapback]

:D In my opinion, unions were once necessary but no longer are.

Get em Birk.  Too bad most of the other players aren't smart enough to get it.

1350479[/snapback]

Most of the other players' careers in the NFL are going to be done by 2009. I don't think most of them give a crap about salary caps.

1350836[/snapback]

That sort of broad brushing is always faulted. There are still some real sweatshop, lousy jobs out there that are in desperate need of labor organization. One happens to be in the health industry, the home health aides. Another is in the medical laboratories, for the people who handle incoming blood, urine, and all sorts of other potentially life threatening bio hazards.

You are in an info vacuum, if you really believe this.

1350836[/snapback]

...and once they're gone, they will become necessary again. Beautiful thing, ain'a?

...and once they're gone, they will become necessary again. Beautiful thing, ain'a?

1352861[/snapback]

Corporations policing themselves isn't working nationally.

Upshaw was just on BSing saying before the owners offered 59 and now it's 56.5%, but he forget to mention the 56% is of a larger revenue base.

Edited by Randall