[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The College Classmate Poll

DMD

Did you ever have football players in your classes?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Did you ever have football players in your classes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure - probably not
    • Not sure - probably so

For those of you who went to a very large college, did anyone have football players in their classes?

I do remember sitting around with a bunch of my friends in Austin while I was in college and someone said that they had seen one of the football stars walking across campus. We got to talking about it and discovered not one of us had ever had any football player in any of our classes. Granted - huge school with a lower chance anyway, but we all asked our friends who asked their friends etc.. and we could never find anyone that had a class with a football player in it. Maybe the kicker could go by unnoticed, but most players would be recognizeable.

A lot of people here say they went to college with whoever and met them, but did any one here go to college and sit next to football player in, say, macroeconomic theory class?

Didn't exactly go to a large school, but they are NCAA Division II. Had numerous football players in my classes, general courses. I also know that all the athlete had study period at one of the dining centers on campus in the evening. I would often be walking to my room from the parking lot and see them all in there. My roommate my soph and junior year was a wrestler, and he knew many of the football team from study time.

Had Astronomy (essentially "introductory celestial physics") with a couple of players ... very large class.

Also, had a few college athletes in Coaching Basketball.

Tax accounting, microbiology and honors humanities, however ... not so much.

Guest Sores

I had classes with Al Toon, Darryl Sims (first round draft pick of the Steelers), Jeff Dellenbach (played for the Dolphins for years) and many others...

When I was at Oregon State I had computer science with Steven Jackson. He went to class about 2/3 of the time.

1351203[/snapback]

Why is your avatar the Husky W?? How could you leave Seattle for a second-class state like Oregon??

Went to high school with 2 guys who played in the NFL (Omare Lowe & Erik Totten). As their offensive lineman, of course I take all the credit for them getting there.

Played with and had classes in college with some guys playing in MLB, not the NFL or NBA though.

not sure if Kent State qualifies or not since they sucked then and still suck but I was in bowling class :D (it is a liberal arts school) with the starting RB and a starting WR on my team...they didn't get drafted...as a matter of fact, that was the year that the Daily Kent Stater took out an ad saying if you can kick, come try out

At Penn State I had a few classes with some football players. Blair Thomas (2nd pick in the draft) was in my bowling class, Richard Roundtree (WR) was in a finance class. I tutored a OL in stats, as those guys are eligble for tutoring if they need assistance. I got to know his girlfriend from class and he requested me as his tutor, so I got some $$ and a chance to learn more about the football players and their routines, etc. at school.

I am sure there were a few other players in some of my larger classes (between 300 - 400) in several lecture halls, but didn't know their names or got a chance to meet them.

Edited by PSULions

Seeing that my school didn't HAVE a football team, I voted 'no'. :D

Of course, I did have a basketball player in my fraternity and several in classes... one of which was in my Officiating class. Since I was the only one in the class with a ghost of a chance against the guy, I had to guard him when we took the class outdoors to play and officiate hoops. A few times I got super hot and was drillin' j's over him. Of course he was taking it easy as to not get hurt for the season, but still. Anytime he saw me out partying or on campus he'd say "hey, sup shooter?". :D

Looks like the guy's playing pro ball in Lebanon. :D

Seeing that my school didn't HAVE a football team, I voted 'no'.  :D

Of course, I did have a basketball player in my fraternity and several in classes... one of which was in my Officiating class.  Since I was the only one in the class with a ghost of a chance against the guy, I had to guard him when we took the class outdoors to play and officiate hoops.  A few times I got super hot and was drillin' j's over him.  Of course he was taking it easy as to not get hurt for the season, but still.  Anytime he saw me out partying or on campus he'd say "hey, sup shooter?".  :D

Looks like the guy's playing pro ball  in Lebanon.  :D

1352789[/snapback]

That would explain it, I coudlnt see how you could guard my 11 yr old daughter, let alone anyone who played college ball.

Whats funny is this post and you reminds me of the dude in Along Came Polley on the basketball court, teardrop then a brick . :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

You have chosen to ignore Sgt. Ryan. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder Sgt. Ryan

See ya, Sgt. Doofus. Or should we give you a promotion and call you Major Tool?

Edit: Of course, I'll have to unignore your pick posts in HOTD, but everything else? I can stand to do without the poor grammar/spelling and arrogant posturing. Good riddance is right.

Edited by darin3

I went to the University of Washington between 1990 and 1994ish. Mark Brunell, I recall not attending the history class I had with him very often. Lincoln Kennedy, I recall being in the communications class I had with him everyday. We both often sat next to each other by the door. He was a very large, large human being.

I had a beer with Steve Emtman once on the porch of a house party. He had extremely large hands, but wasn't particularly tall.

You have chosen to ignore Sgt. Ryan. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder Sgt. Ryan

See ya, Sgt. Doofus.  Or should we give you a promotion and call you Major Tool?

Edit:  Of course, I'll have to unignore your pick posts in HOTD, but everything else?  I can stand to do without the poor grammar/spelling and arrogant posturing.  Good riddance is right.

1352798[/snapback]

:D You do what you gotta do sport.

not sure if Kent State qualifies or not since they sucked then and still suck but I was in bowling class :D (it is a liberal arts school) with the starting RB and a starting WR on my team...they didn't get drafted...as a matter of fact, that was the year that the Daily Kent Stater took out an ad saying if you can kick, come try out

1352435[/snapback]

It must be a MAC thing. I had football players in my bowling class too. Of course, I also took: soccer, ultimate frisbee, and golf. :D I also had a few in my education classes.

It must be a MAC thing.  I had football players in my bowling class too.  Of course, I also took: soccer, ultimate frisbee, and golf.  :D  I also had a few in my education classes.

1353083[/snapback]

:D Ultimate Frisbee was hugh at my school. The vast majority of the guys and gals in my major (Geography) made up most of the player lot. Long haired dudes, unshaven women :D and plenty of tie dye.

No football players, but was in a couple classes with a baseball player, Carlos Pena at Northeastern. Think he's playing this year in Detroit??

1353243[/snapback]

Yeah he's on Detroit - back and forth from the minors... first basemen.