[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

VBD

olympia0731

Hey guys, this is my first post at the football forum.

I AM SURE MANY OF YOU KNOW/use this

here are the steps of VBD

1: Project stats for players.

2: Figure out how many point totals each player will get using your projected stats.

3: Find the average point totals at each position.

4: For each player subtract their point total from the average point total at their position.

5: Make your ranking sheet!!!!!!!!!!!

. Let's take a hypothetical situation.

Team one Team 2:

Qb: 15 points qb: 17

rb: 10 points rb: 12

wr: 13 points wr: 14

te: 9 points te: 2

Who is the most valuable player in this situation? It is obviously the Te on team one.

WHY? It is because he outscores the oppisite teams player at his position, more than any other player. This is why VBD is great. It ranks your players by how much they outscore other players at thier position. Is this the best way to rank players? do alot of you guys use this?

thanks

Value Based Draft?

It all depends on the guys in your draft and type of draft. redraft vs. keeper/Dynasty

I always go Best player available, and sort it out later.

There are some pretty good tools, I used FFToday compiler last year for my keeper league and VBD was one of the options.

Does the Huddle have a keeper league tool.

Good luck

Edited by mggoilers

Yup, value based draft.  I recomend everyone to try this, on a free yahoo

1351399[/snapback]

Ok, see now, you went too far. Your cover is blown. You're someone's alias on a :D trip.

each year there's one guy in my local that uses VBD. He won in '02, hasn't since. His VBD totals after the Draft last year had him with the "best team"(according to his "findings"). He made the Playoffs as the 5th (out of 6) seed. He was ousted the first week of the Playoffs. It's all a crapshoot...you get lucky with your late round picks and you're golden. You don't and you better realise it early to make some trades to get you to where you aspire to be...

Edited by loaf

VBD is useful as a means of getting a feel for the relative value of different positions in different scoring systems and league configurations. you get some good, objective, empirical data that way -- gives you a good idea whether you're better off taking your 6th ranked TE or your 25th ranked WR in the 7th round, and that can be helpful.

but like any formula for FF prediction, it's only as good as the hunches and guesses you're basing your projections on.

here are the steps of VBD

1: Project stats for players.

1351377[/snapback]

There's the critical flaw in VBDing, IMHO.

Not only do you have to be right about about your projection but then dude has to stay healthy for 12 or 13 games minimum. And it takes a lot of work and time. 12 teams 12 rounds and all of a sudden you have to project the stats for 144 players, minimum. I'm too ADD to try and project the stas for Ced Wilson vs. R. Caldwell with any accuracy. If you've got the time and are a distant relative of Nostradamus then maybe.

VBDing has it's role but with the popularity of the hobby, it is almost useless in the first two rounds. You should just give money away to your local humaine society if you don't have at least 1 RB after 2 rounds in a re-draft. I use a combination of gut feeling and VBDing starting in round 3. Of course that has never worked for me, either.

I prefer to rank players in tiers that includes a VB formula buy tiers.

I hear the proprietors of this fine website are looking for forward thinking talent like yourself.

Maybe you can get a job here writing articles about complex stuff like this.

Dunno ... good luck!

I use VBPTDing!!!

Value

Based

Positional

Tier

Drafting

its all about scarcity

1351712[/snapback]

I use a modified system that also takes into account projected draft priorities of other drafters. No sense taking "the best guy available" if he's still going to be there next round anyway.

VBPTDMPDP m2.011e beta

Value Based Positional Tier Drafting Modified for Projected Draft Priorities (mark 2 build no. 11e)

Draft RB early, WRs next, TE if its a good value, wait on QBs to round 7 or 8 at the earliest, K, and Def very late in O only leagues.

IDP Leagues, draft RBs early, then best player available, wait on QBs till round 8 at the earliest, then back to best player available, DBs till round 15 at the earliest, and Ks last.