[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun King?

Furd

Remember how Reagan stepped in and fired all the striking air traffic controllers? The Lions need something like that to happen to them. Tagliabue needs to assert his power, fire that group of quarterbacks and give them new ones.

Remember how Reagan stepped in and fired all the striking air traffic controllers?  The Lions need something like that to happen to them.  Tagliabue needs to assert his power, fire that group of quarterbacks and give them new ones.

1352111[/snapback]

Maybe they can trade them all to the jets for C Penn. :D

This is funny.  But why did he not start after taking them to NFC Championship game.  Then the following year a 10-6 start and made it to the playoffs.  After that he like fell of the earth and no more starts and playing time in Tampa Bay.  Anyone knows why?

1351942[/snapback]

Yeah Dungy was feeling the heat so they signed Brad Johnson to a multi year deal. King was the backup for a couple more seasons in Tampa until he left and went to Arizona. I actually met the guy once in Tampa. He is really short, prolly about 5-9 and kinda a jerk. Just my 2 cents...

Hopefully this is a stop-gap measure. Drew Brees will still be availible soon, King must come super cheap and maybe is just a warm body for training camp.

I read this today:

From Killer Kowalski:

Why the Lions signed Shaun King

The signing of Shaun King was a good move for two reasons, but you have to understand two other things: Dan Orlovsky is not in danger of getting cut and the Lions still intend on finding a veteran free agent quarterback for the No. 2 position.

The reason the King signing is smart is because, instead of an undrafted free agent rookie coming in at No. 4, the Lions will have a veteran who will elevate the level of competition from top to bottom throughout camp. More importantly, King will have a deep understanding of Detroit's offense and, if he doesn't make the team, he might be available down the road in case of injury.

:D

More importantly, King will have a deep understanding of Detroit's offense

1355202[/snapback]

Did King ever exhibit a deep understanding of the Buc offense?

Please, please, Dan Orlovski ... I know you're a Millen pick from the bottom of the draft which usually means you're destined for oblivion. :D I know you've reffered to Joey Harrington and Jeff Garcia as your "Yoda" :D

But Please Dan... all I'm asking of you in your 2nd year is to do is bring us back up to the QB-ing level we had with Charlie Batch and Eric Kramer. I'm not asking for more than that. I'm not even asking for an Eric Hipple or Gary Danielson year -yet- ... just a Batch or Kramer year. Reasonable 2nd year QBs have been doing it all over the NFL for years.

But if you can just do that, you'll totally outshine these two gawd-awful veteran QBs, win a starting job and more money. And maybe make being a Lions fan tolerable again.

Baby steps Dan, Baby steps.

Apparently, I also missed whatever it was that was so bad about Shaun King.

He played well at Tulane. He won more games than he lost once in the NFL. IIRC, he has more TDs than INTs. He's short. He's not stupid.

What gives? I never really followed him much, so I don't really have any clue why he was out of the league so quickly after helping TB to 10-6 a few years ago. Any insight?