[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Talks are resuming today

DMD

After breaking off last night, talks are reported to be currently going on between the NFLPA and the NFL team owners today and that a final CBA will be offered by the NFL teams this afternoon.

:D Let cool heads and sanity prevail...

Now Mortenson is saying that he believes that the owners will ask for another extension at the end of the day and another delay to free agency.

Have any of them ever heard of a "deadline" before?

It's all bullshucks, one big smoke screen. There is no deadline, they could always revote to extend it till whenever they see fit on both sides. The only change would be the max cap this year. Keep it @ 94-95M, work the rest out over drinks in Hawaii next August...........There will never be an uncapped year, fodder for the offseason is all this is

Cooler heads should prevail. They know what happened to baseball and hockey.

We are only hearing PR releases so who knows what is really going on?

Edited by Randall

Now Mortenson is saying that he believes that the owners will ask for another extension at the end of the day and another delay to free agency.

Have any of them ever heard of a "deadline" before?

1352621[/snapback]

:D

This is what I posted late last night:

"Still, I think they'll get a deal done tomorrow. I also wouldn't rule out ANOTHER extension to the deadline; either way, we'll have a new CBA before free agency."

Right now, the NFLPA seems to be handling the negotiations properly. The owners appear to be scrambling in panic. If I were Upshaw, I'd put up with one more extension, but I'd let them know that it was the last one. In the long run, the owners have more to lose, so I expect them to give in soon.

1352621[/snapback]

The owners are attempting to resolve their own internal issues with their revenue sharing amongst themselves.

'Course Tag's has had 'em working on this since at least August 05 :D

www.post-gazette.com