[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Four more hours

DMD

Mortenson said that he just learned they are delaying it until 10 PM to have cuts in instead of 6 PM in order to give them a little more time to work on a new CBA. Free agency remains ready to start with the new year beginning at midnight tonight.

argh... wish my employers would always have been so accomodating on deadlines.

Mortenson said that he just learned they are delaying it until 10 PM to have cuts in instead of 6 PM in order to give them a little more time to work on a new CBA.

1352852[/snapback]

I only caught the tail end of it DMD. Did Mort say why Upshaw only gave them 4 more hours instead of the rumored 72 that Tag's was supposedly going to ask for? Is it because they are that close to wrapping it up and Upshaw doesn't see the need for dragging this out another three days?

Short of being a fly on the wall we don't really know what's going on. But everything I've read, including quotes from some of the owners themselves, points to the real hold up being an inability of the owners to come up with an agreement amongst themselves on revenue sharing.

Upshaw has said the owners working out a revenue sharing plan amongst themselves, is key to any new CBA.

I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts this is the sticking point.

Owners like Jeffrey Lurie are the one's holding this up...

Snyder has caved....obviously after hearing about his cap woes....

but the big market teams are the ones holding things up...

1352932[/snapback]

There's definitely some supporting evidence for what you're saying here Avernus;
The lower-revenue teams have not budged from their insistence that they will not ratify an extension to the NFL collective bargaining agreement that does not adequately address their revenue-sharing issues.

sports.espn.go.com

There's definitely some supporting evidence for what you're saying here Avernus;

sports.espn.go.com

1352936[/snapback]

I agree with the big ticket teams to a certain extent....

If my organization was one of the reasons for parity...and I could just field the team I want every offseason....instead of throwing the non-profiting teams on my back and offering free piggyback rides.....I'd be quite pissed as well...

but going back to the dynasty era would be ridiculous...

even though there have been a couple of teams head and shoulders above the rest since the beginning of this cap....teams like the Bengals and Chargers have a serious shot at making their own push....

and the only real advantage the top notch teams have is better coaching/utilizing personell

Talks off gain.

Upshaw said after they were called back the new owners offer was worse thn the previous one. I find it hard to believe that they asked for an extension and made a worse offer however. But that is what he said.

Talks off gain.

Upshaw said after they were called back the new owners offer was worse thn the previous one. I find it hard to believe that they asked for an extension and made a worse offer however. But that is what he said.

1352951[/snapback]

lol...he momo-slapped Upshaw with the extra phone call

copied from Rumermill:

TALKS RESUME AT 8:30 EST

A league source tells us that talks between the NFL and the NFLPA will resume at 8:30 p.m. EST Sunday.

Maybe they were just hungry, or perhaps they're curious to see whether Jake Gyllenhaal wins the Oscar for best support actor in Brokeback.

Actually, we're hearing that the owner of one of the high-revenue teams is mucking up the efforts to strike a deal that will work for the union, the league, the low-revenue clubs, and the big-money clubs.

Stay tuned.

Edited by theeohiostate

copied from Rumermill:

Maybe they were just hungry, or perhaps they're curious to see whether Jake Gyllenhaal wins the Oscar for best support actor in Brokeback.

Stay tuned.

1352966[/snapback]

Maybe. I still want to see the Redskin's drops. It would be a sight to see.