[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders cut Collins

kpholmes

Kerry Collins gets the boot.

Edit: KFFL reported as well-

Janie McCauley, of the Associated Press, reports the Oakland Raiders released QB Kerry Collins in a move to get them below the salary cap by Sunday night's deadline, March 5. By cutting Collins, the Raiders will save $9.2 million against the salary cap once bonuses are factored into the figures.

Edited by kpholmes

Cheers if this is true... Hello Vince Young, Jay Cutler, or Matt Leinart. Whichever one falls, I really hope Davis gets a brain and takes a QB round 1. Unless there's something I'm not seeing at practice with Walter, we need help....!

1353095[/snapback]

Not sure any of them fall, the Faders will have to move up to get one of them, unless NY trades up to #1 to get Leinart and New Orleans take Cutler, it could be interesting to see if a team trades up with the Titans to get Bush, then Houston selects Brick at #4.

Cheers if this is true... Hello Vince Young, Jay Cutler, or Matt Leinart. Whichever one falls, I really hope Davis gets a brain and takes a QB round 1. Unless there's something I'm not seeing at practice with Walter, we need help....!

1353095[/snapback]

ehhh... I disagree.

Take AJ Hawk or Demario Williams. We need more help on D.

Davis has never spent a first rounder and probably never will. He likes his QBs with experience.

Expect him to take a good look at Aaron Brooks, Tommy Maddox, ect...

If we can manage the cap room that is.

Not sure any of them fall, the Faders will have to move up to get one of them, unless NY trades up to #1 to get Leinart and New Orleans take Cutler, it could be interesting to see if a team trades up with the Titans to get Bush, then Houston selects Brick at #4.

1353112[/snapback]

they could go the FA route again :D

ehhh... I disagree.

Take AJ Hawk or Demario Williams. We need more help on D.

Davis has never spent a first rounder and probably never will. He likes his QBs with experience.

Expect him to take a good look at Aaron Brooks, Tommy Maddox, ect...

If we can manage the cap room that is.

1353114[/snapback]

Tommy Maddox... :D:D ..good luck with that

Brooks has Raider silver n' black written all over him....

1353120[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind that so much. As far as having to trade up to get one of the rooks. I don't think we would have to. With the Jets re-signing Pennington why would they spend a top 5 pick on another QB. I don't think Pennington's the answer, but why re-structure his contract if he wasn't in their minds? IMHO.

They just need someone who can move and make some plays like Gannon did. Put someone like Brooks in there, who can move in the pocket and sling'em down field that'd be fine by me. That's what they have Moss/Porter for, to make plays!

Agreed, I would be very happy with Aaron Brooks.

The Jets re-signing Pennington could be a sign they have decided to go after D'Breckishaw, meaning one of the studly 3 will fall to Oakland. I still say pass and go with Demario or AJ Hawk as long as San Fran or GB hasn't snatched em.

The Jets re-signing Pennington could be a sign they have decided to go after D'Breckishaw, meaning one of the studly 3 will fall to Oakland. I still say pass and go with Demario or AJ Hawk as long as San Fran or GB hasn't snatched em.

1353136[/snapback]

I think it's a lock that GB is taking Williams. Which I'm surprised about considering they do have Kampman and KGB. Either way, if OAK takes Hawk/Williams it's a win-win :D

1353136[/snapback]

Mario Williams seems to be the choice of Packer fans. He keeps saying how much he wants to play there as well.

I don't think Brooks is any better than Collins, other than the fact that he's younger... and would have better weapons..

1353147[/snapback]

Collins inability to run shows up badly behind a bad pass blocking line. I think Collins is the better QB , just not sure he would be in this Raider situation.

Collins inability to run shows up badly behind a bad pass blocking line. I think Collins is the better QB , just not sure he would be in this Raider situation.

1353153[/snapback]

true...but neither handle pressure well...

I always refer back to the backward pass....

Brooks has Raider silver n' black written all over him....

1353120[/snapback]

Been sayin' that for quite awhile. Perfect fit. Well, sort of a different usage of "perfect", but you get my drift. :D

I think they're drafting A.J. Hawk to go alongside Morrison and Clark.

Yea, Collins is the better gunslinger.

But Brooks has the mobility that Gannon was successfull with, being able to move in the pocket, or out of it to try and make a play. Brooks would fit in well with the rest of the offense already being in place.

Schefner reports Jets will make a run at Jon Kitna. Meaning I wouldn't expect them to pass on a QB this draft...

1353095[/snapback]

He'll probably take a kicker or punter in the 1st. :D