[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders cut Collins

kpholmes

Yea, Collins is the better gunslinger.

But Brooks has the mobility that Gannon was successfull with, being able to move in the pocket, or out of it to try and make a play. Brooks would fit in well with the rest of the offense already being in place.

Schefner reports Jets will make a run at Jon Kitna. Meaning I wouldn't expect them to pass on a QB this draft...

1353174[/snapback]

I think it is actually the lack of a pass blocking offensive line that would make Brooks the better QB in this situation more than offensive design. this lack is what makes the QB HAVE to run. and Collins just don't have that in his arsenal.

I think Kitna should be the top priority for every team looking at a QB. he will come at a more reasonable price than Brees and I expect he would do just as good a job as Brees.

I was hoping my Lions would go for Kitna but luckily we got to Shawn King 1st . :D

Edited by Doc Holliday

I think it is actually the lack of a pass blocking offensive line that would make Brooks the better QB in this situation more than offensive design. this lack is what makes the QB HAVE to run. and Collins just don't have that in his arsenal.

I think Kitna should be the top priority for every team looking at a QB. he will come at a more reasonable price than Brees and I expect he would do just as good a job as Brees.

I was hoping my Lions would go for Kitna but luckily we got to Shawn King 1st .  :D

1353209[/snapback]

yuup...Kitna is ideal for a team looking to draft a top QB this year and follow the Carson Palmer guidelines...

I think it's a lock that GB is taking Williams. Which I'm surprised about considering they do have Kampman and KGB. Either way, if OAK takes Hawk/Williams it's a win-win  :D

1353141[/snapback]

Kampman isn't a lock to re-sign and KGB is best as a 3rd down rusher. Williams at LE and a platoon of KGB and Kamp at RE, with Kamp swinging over to LE at times, would be a GREAT situation.

Collins looks like he is heading striaght to Balitmore.  They will try to win now.  And Boller just shows flashes.

1353142[/snapback]

Yes, word here in Baltimore is that the Ravens will make a serious run at Collins.

ehhh... I disagree.

Take AJ Hawk or Demario Williams. We need more help on D.

Davis has never spent a first rounder and probably never will. He likes his QBs with experience.

1353114[/snapback]

Was Davis comatose when we took Todd Marinovich?

Also guys, before you get your undies in a bundle about "needing" to take a QB in the first round, please name the last 1st round QB (other than Roethlisberger) who won a SB. Roethlisberger will NEVER count in my opinion, that 42.9% completion, 123 yds passing, only passing TD BY Randle El, 2 INTs, 33 rushing attempts, etc. prove that the reason Pitts won was not due to Roethlisberger.

Was Davis comatose when we took Todd Marinovich?

Also guys, before you get your undies in a bundle about "needing" to take a QB in the first round, please name the last 1st round QB (other than Roethlisberger) who won a SB.  Roethlisberger will NEVER count in my opinion, that 42.9% completion, 123 yds passing, only passing TD BY Randle El, 2 INTs, 33 rushing attempts, etc. prove that the reason Pitts won was not due to Roethlisberger.

1354140[/snapback]

dilfer?

Roethlisberger will NEVER count in my opinion, that 42.9% completion, 123 yds passing, only passing TD BY Randle El, 2 INTs, 33 rushing attempts, etc. prove that the reason Pitts won was not due to Roethlisberger.

1354140[/snapback]

Yeah, Charlie Batch probably would have been just fine leading the #6 seed to 3 straight playoff victories on the road. :D

not that Batch is a better or even good QB, my point is the defense and running game won the Super Bowl this year, just like almost every other year. All of you who continually focus on QB, QB, QB are short sighted and don't realize what really wins championships in the NFL.

Think about it Swiss- with Reggie White, Sean Jones, Gilbert Brown, Leroy Butler, etc. GB goes to two Super Bowls. Without them, 0.

not that Batch is a better or even good QB, my point is the defense and running game won the Super Bowl this year, just like almost every other year.  All of you who continually focus on QB, QB, QB are short sighted and don't realize what really wins championships in the NFL. 

Think about it Swiss- with Reggie White, Sean Jones, Gilbert Brown, Leroy Butler, etc. GB goes to two Super Bowls.  Without them, 0.

1354335[/snapback]

well, it can't be all defense, otherwise the bears would have won the super bowl.

not that Batch is a better or even good QB, my point is the defense and running game won the Super Bowl this year, just like almost every other year.  All of you who continually focus on QB, QB, QB are short sighted and don't realize what really wins championships in the NFL. 

Think about it Swiss- with Reggie White, Sean Jones, Gilbert Brown, Leroy Butler, etc. GB goes to two Super Bowls.  Without them, 0.

1354335[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but the QB is still the most important position on the field. If Hasselbeck had torched Pittsburgh's defense in the SB, the "defense-wins-championships" people would be saying, "Well, I guess Pitt's defense wasn't as good as we thought."

In my opinion, you need a consistent, reliable defense and a trustworthy QB. If teams want to try to find trustworthy QBs on the second day of the draft, good for them. It worked for the Patriots and the..................................:D

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead