[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How will this affect fantasy football

Guggs

Maybe this has already been discussed and answered, but how will them not raising the salary cap this season and these "big" players on the verge on getting cut, how will it affect the way we play fantasy football? I am a Vikqueens fan and "they" say that this will help under the cap teams like the Vikes, but I may be being too selfish. Just wondering if this will affect fantasy football.

player value now changes with new teams, new systems and teammates...

even the loss of a QB or the addition of a new one can be the cause for plenty of "surprises" and hugh "letdowns"...

the letdowns I am waiting for are LJ and SA ...

player value now changes with new teams, new systems and teammates...

even the loss of a QB or the addition of a new one can be the cause for plenty of "surprises" and hugh "letdowns"...

the letdowns I am waiting for are LJ and SA ...

1353173[/snapback]

I feel the same way. Shields being gone WILL affect Johnson.

And Alexander's value will take a huge hit if he goes anywhere else in league outside of K.C. (who has Johnson) and Denver (who won't give him the money he wants). then if he stays in Seattle, does that mean Hutch is gone? if Hutch goes that will also effect Alexander's value.

And Alexander's value  will take a huge hit if he goes anywhere else in league outside of K.C. (who has Johnson) and Denver (who won't give him the money he wants). then if he stays in Seattle, does that mean Hutch is gone? if Hutch goes that will also effect Alexander's value.

1353196[/snapback]

exactly my sentiments....I don't want to draft anywhere near the top....because LT2 is starting to scare me the past few years...

And Alexander's value  will take a huge hit if he goes anywhere else in league outside of K.C. (who has Johnson) and Denver (who won't give him the money he wants). then if he stays in Seattle, does that mean Hutch is gone? if Hutch goes that will also effect Alexander's value.

1353196[/snapback]

Hutch is tagged, I believe his 2006 salary is already "counted" against the salary cap. After the Hawks cut Sharper and Dyson on Friday, I think they are still about 20 million below the salary cap. With the current state of their team and the league, I think their management is absolutely salivating right now. Due to the unique circumstances of this year, guys like SA and Edge do not have as much leverage in contract negoatiations.

Hutch is tagged, I believe his 2006 salary is already "counted" against the salary cap.  After the Hawks cut Sharper and Dyson on Friday, I think they are still about 20 million below the salary cap.  With the current state of their team and the league, I think their management is absolutely salivating right now.  Due to the unique circumstances of this year, guys like SA and Edge do not have as much leverage in contract negoatiations.

1353211[/snapback]

I think SA could end up elsewhere due to another team offering more than Seattle feels he's worth...

maybe the Vikings?....I think they'll land either Edge or SA..

I really think so if they want to keep Hutch....especially with no agreement in place....

and without Hutch, he won't be As good...

1353200[/snapback]

As a Seahawk and SA fan, I really believe that SA could be the most overated player in the NFL. I don't think Hawk fans arehaving a problem with keeping the dominant O-line and waiting to see what happens with further signings and contract negotiations. I still haven't heard a single report or rumor about anyone having talks with SA besides the Hawks.

I think SA could end up elsewhere due to another team offering more than Seattle feels he's worth...

maybe the Vikings?....I think they'll land either Edge or SA..

1353213[/snapback]

I wouldn't necessarily doubt that, but it seems like there isn't that many teams that can or want to sign SA to an overblown contract. I've acutally heard that Vikings were interested in Maurice Morris.

As a Seahawk and SA fan, I really believe that SA could be the most overated player in the NFL.  I don't think Hawk fans arehaving a problem with keeping the dominant O-line and waiting to see what happens with further signings and contract negotiations.  I still haven't heard a single report or rumor about anyone having talks with SA besides the Hawks.

1353215[/snapback]

yeah, I haven't heard about any other team either....

I think teams are going to chase him and Edge 1st and gauge a price value....and then you'll see the other backs get picked up...

all I've been hearing is how close he is with signing a deal in Seattle....but, honestly...it would have gotten done by now...

with all of the cap space the Vikings have, I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to Minnesota or Green Bay ...

I wouldn't necessarily doubt that, but it seems like there isn't that many teams that can or want to sign SA to an overblown contract.  I've acutally heard that Vikings were interested in Maurice Morris.

1353222[/snapback]

Morris would be a decent addition to MMoore and the Whizzer

yuup....I dunno if that was wise or not....

of course time will tell..

1353241[/snapback]

Low risk, high reward - why wouldn't you do it? Gives them decent RB depth (Green, Gado, Herron), plus they can still grab a rook in the draft

Low risk, high reward - why wouldn't you do it? Gives them decent RB depth (Green, Gado, Herron), plus they can still grab a rook in the draft

1353248[/snapback]

I like it alot if they take a rook in the draft...

but I don't see the point in re-signing a back who appears clearly on the decline in the past 2 years....it seems like his overly-physical play has caught up with him....

they could have used that money to secure other positions and take LenDale White in the draft....and rebuild the OL....that's what makes the back...

I like it alot if they take a rook in the draft...

but I don't see the point in re-signing a back who appears clearly on the decline in the past 2 years....it seems like his overly-physical play has caught up with him....

they could have used that money to secure other positions and take LenDale White in the draft....and rebuild the OL....that's what makes the back...

1353255[/snapback]

I'd rather see them address the D in the first and get RBs and OLs as they can in the later rounds; with the Denver scheme, you want mobile linemen, and size is less of a concern - those sorts of guys come cheap, plus it seems like the sort of scheme in which last year's camp phenom Chris White could do VERY well.

Plus with Walker still on the mend and Murphy's career in doubt, they need WRs.

I'd rather see them address the D in the first and get RBs and OLs as they can in the later rounds; with the Denver scheme, you want mobile linemen, and size is less of a concern - those sorts of guys come cheap, plus it seems like the sort of scheme in which last year's camp phenom Chris White could do VERY well.

Plus with Walker still on the mend and Murphy's career in doubt, they need WRs.

1353278[/snapback]

true....it's not like denver to draft a RB in the 1st....they'd rather tie their 1st round money elsewhere....

lol I was talking about the Packers 1st...after chaves' reply...he had me thinking I was talking about Denver...

oh well..

1353286[/snapback]

I have that effect on people.