[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ahman Green re-signed

irish

Don't know if this was mentioned.

1 yr deal worth between 3 and 5 mill.

Edited by irish

So much for all those Gado owners thinking they scored a major coup in free agency last season. The plan as I understand it, is to continue to use Green with Gado as relief though who knows what training camp will bring.

So much for all those Gado owners thinking they scored a major coup in free agency last season. The plan as I understand it, is to continue to use Green with Gado as relief though who knows what training camp will bring.

1353223[/snapback]

Well, if Green isn't all the way back, with a one-year contract Green can be cut with little to no cap consequence. And given the injury he's coming off of, I'll believe he's 100% back when I see it.

Well, if Green isn't all the way back, with a one-year contract Green can be cut with little to no cap consequence. And given the injury he's coming off of, I'll believe he's 100% back when I see it.

1353230[/snapback]

exactly...

Thanks Big John appreciate you having my back. :D

The base contract is believed to be worth $3 mil. with $2 mil. in incentives.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355826

Edited by irish

Why sign him to a 1 year deal? I know it's cheaper and it doesn't tie them down financially to a guy who could be done soon, but why not try and get him for at least 2 (like the Giants did with Tiki this season).

Very interesting though... Do they take White or Williams now... hmmm

Good call by TT. Let Davenport and Fisher walk, put Green and Gado together. Maybe this will help Favre make his decision.

Now we just need some LBs, OGs, DBs, etc...

1353250[/snapback]

Absolutely. Any interest in Mawae?

Edit-Rotoworld says the Eagles are interested.

Why sign him to a 1 year deal? I know it's cheaper and it doesn't tie them down financially to a guy who could be done soon, but why not try and get him for at least 2 (like the Giants did with Tiki this season).

Very interesting though... Do they take White or Williams now... hmmm

1353275[/snapback]

Williams I think and he keeps saying he'd love to play there as Reggie was his idol. Hawk if he's gone.

Edited by Randall

Like mentioned, the Packers are well under the cap, might as well sign him because he knows the system. I will probably avoid drafting him though in my fantasy football drafts. Am worried he is not and will not ever be 100% again.

I didn't realize that $3m / yr was cheap.

To me, it looks like they unnecessarily overpaid him.

Coulda spent the overage on a variety of other needs, imo.

1353835[/snapback]

Green's base is actually $2mil for the year, with the incentives worth up to $3mil.
Though Green was insistent on a multi-year deal, he accepted a one-year contract that will pay him a base salary of around $2 million and features $3 million more in incentives.
www.jsonline.com

Wasted money in my opinion on Green. Green, when healthy last year couldn't do what Gado was doing.

Green Bay needs to draft the best person on the board when their pick comes up and just start acquiring talent rather than trying to figure out what holes they need to plug. This is a team with weaknesses everywhere.

Wasted money in my opinion on Green. Green, when healthy last year couldn't do what Gado was doing.

Green Bay needs to draft the best person on the board when their pick comes up and just start acquiring talent rather than trying to figure out what holes they need to plug. This is a team with weaknesses everywhere.

1353970[/snapback]

I agree with the exception of the QB and WR positions.

1353970[/snapback]

True, but it's a cheap, one-year deal that just looks like an insurance policy to me. Out of all their options (Davenport, Gado, and a rookie), Green looks like the safest one.

If anything, it tells me that they made their decision with the #5 pick.

1353970[/snapback]

That statement is clueless. Of all the teams in the top 10, Green Bay probably has the fewest weaknesses.

1353970[/snapback]

I disagree. I think teams could not stop Gado due to the fact that they knew nothing about him really. If you have no tape on someone, how are you supposed to prepare for them?

If anything, it tells me that they made their decision with the #5 pick.

That statement is clueless. Of all the teams in the top 10, Green Bay probably has the fewest weaknesses.

1353986[/snapback]

That's a homer statement. A 4-12 record must indicate a team with no weaknesses then especially in a mediocre division. Wow...