[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting Packer "Trade"

Guest Sores

Guest Sores

Anyone else look at it this way?

Despite having the enviable luxury of sitting a good $25 million under the provisional salary cap of $94.5 million, the Packers cut N'ail Diggs who would have counted $3.8 Mil. against the cap in 2006.

They then turn around and use $2 Mil to sign Ahman Green (with incentives that could earn him $3 Mil more).

So essentially, they get rid of a LB that didn't fit the defensive scheme and sign Green for at the most $1.2 Mil more than they would have paid Diggs - IF he earns all his incentives (in which case they still got a steal, and didn't negatively impact their cap position.

Anyone else look at it this way?

Despite having the enviable luxury of sitting a good $25 million under the provisional salary cap of $94.5 million, the Packers cut N'ail Diggs who would have counted $3.8 Mil. against the cap in 2006. 

They then turn around and use $2 Mil to sign Ahman Green (with incentives that could earn him $3 Mil more). 

So essentially, they get rid of a LB that didn't fit the defensive scheme and sign Green for at the most $1.2 Mil more than they would have paid Diggs - IF he earns all his incentives (in which case they still got a steal, and didn't negatively impact their cap position.

1354482[/snapback]

So does this solidify Green's position next season? Or does Gado still get some love?

Guest Sores
So does this solidify Green's position next season? Or does Gado still get some love?

1354490[/snapback]

From what I have read, they are going into camp with Green as "the Man" and Gado as his #1 backup. Meaning that Najeh will likely be elsewhere or signed to a minimum contract.

Guest Sores
IMHO this definitely solidifies Green's role as a starting LB.

:D

1354551[/snapback]

:D

You are a solid contributor to the message boards.

So now we need an adjective that has the same meaning as "Fragile"

But shows some alliteration with "Ahman"

Becuase Fragile Ahman dosn't sound nearly as good as the other "Fragile" in the FF world.

1355025[/snapback]

How about "Ailing Ahman"? Sorry, that's the best I could do. :D

Boy I just can't see Ahman being any good. After watching him last year, even behind a bad Oline, he just had nothing to offer. He seemed tentative and slow. What bothers me is that behind the same line, Gado played well. It should be an open competition between Gado and Green.

Boy I just can't see Ahman being any good.  After watching him last year, even behind a bad Oline, he just had nothing to offer.  He seemed tentative and slow.  What bothers me is that behind the same line, Gado played well.  It should be an open competition between Gado and Green.

1355261[/snapback]

I think the line played better for Gado as they were more experienced when he played. It's an incentive contract so I would expect open competition of some kind.