[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Combine results posted

Randall

What I find interesting, that I never knew was tracked, is the 20 and 10 yd times. I've always thought that if I were a scout, these 2 times mean more than the 40. How often does a player break off a 40 yard run at full speed? It makes more sense, at least to me, that the lower yardage times are more relevant.

Edited by Brentastic

Many services will time players themselves and therefore come up with differing numbers. The most important thing really is how they perform relative to each other. TE Vernon Davis had some VERY eye-popping numbers compared to any other tight end.

What I find interesting, that I never knew was tracked, is the 20 and 10 yd times.  I've always thought that if I were a scout, these 2 times mean more than the 40.  How often does a player break off a 40 yard run at full speed?  It makes more sense, at least to me, that the lower yardage times are more relevant.

1355433[/snapback]

At least in theory, the 10 yard dash may be the most critical since it shows quickness but then again, it relies heavily on how well the player times his start.

40 times are probably most revealing for only wideouts.

At least in theory, the 10 yard dash may be the most critical since it shows quickness but then again, it relies heavily on how well the player times his start.

1355442[/snapback]

I thought the time starts when the player starts, therefore eliminating the timing of his start.

I thought the time starts when the player starts, therefore eliminating the timing of his start.

1355448[/snapback]

I watched some of the 40 times and several times they made players do it over because they were either starting early or maybe it was because of the form they were using? I was under the impression that it was timed from a start point, not just when the player ran. Then again, whenever a player committed a starting "foul", they usually told him he was "rolling forward" at the start.

Joseph Addai (RB) and Vernon Davis (TE) swept their position :D

1355527[/snapback]

Yes but the top 4 RBs (theoretically) did not work out.

Vernon Davis seems to be the annual "freakishly athletic" player that worked out.

1355479[/snapback]

I watched some of the 40 times and several times they made players do it over because they were either starting early or maybe it was because of the form they were using? I was under the impression that it was timed from a start point, not just when the player ran. Then again, whenever a player committed a starting "foul", they usually told him he was "rolling forward" at the start.

1355479[/snapback]

I think you're both right.

Essentially, IIRC, the person must come to a complete stop and hold the position for ___ seconds before they start. And the clock starts once they start; there is no gun announcing the start of the sprint.

Many services will time players themselves and therefore come up with differing numbers. The most important thing really is how they perform relative to each other. TE Vernon Davis had some VERY eye-popping numbers compared to any other tight end.

1355435[/snapback]

I agree with numbers being relative to other players but I'm still curious. How does the Huddle get their numbers?

Guest Sores
:D

1355672[/snapback]

Yeah....someone didn't get the joke.

DMD....did Tamba Hali run? I read he didn't. If you have times for him, I would be interested....

The most eye popping number by far- Jay Pinnegar's 40 time :D

4.44- are u kidding me? and all I have heard is how the combine is a "slow" track- guy looked pretty solid at QB- and he has a 36' vertical- that is a freak QB. Not sure how it will translate to the NFL- but impressive numbers.

Yeah....someone didn't get the joke.

DMD....did Tamba Hali run?  I read he didn't.  If you have times for him, I would be interested....

1355690[/snapback]

Tamba Hall - PSU DE did not work out

I agree with numbers being relative to other players but I'm still curious. How does the Huddle get their numbers?

1355684[/snapback]

As a member of the ProFootball Writers of America (PFWA), we have access to some resources, one of which was NFL Draft Scout and most of the running times were from that report.

As a member of the ProFootball Writers of America (PFWA), we have access to some resources, one of which was NFL Draft Scout  and most of the running times were from that report.

1355718[/snapback]

Thanks for the insight. Speaking of draft services, have you ever checked out Frank Coyle's service at DraftInsiders.com?