[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett Favre

Brentastic

I'm guessing that Brentastic knows he doesn't sound like one of the kids from American Idol.  There are plenty of guys such as Waits and Dillon that know the same about what they do.  If you are into the pure angelic voice of Chirstina Aguilera or Whitney Houston, that's fine.  I know next nothing about Brentastic's music, but taking a cheap shot on a guys passion (in a football thread) who is putting his heart and soul into something is pretty darn pathetic.

1356835[/snapback]

:D

Agreed. I know I can't sing, but I'm not going to judge someone else for giving it a shot and posting it for all to hear. Its much easier to do what most do (like me) and not attempt. Good for him.

Some people just don't have "it" figured out yet. Meh.

Edited by Brentastic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite quotes:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

-Teddy Roosevelt

One of my favorite quotes:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

-Teddy Roosevelt

1356856[/snapback]

Nearly brought a tear to my eye. Great quote :D

Hey brent.  Not to change the sub. Clicked on your My Space link, is that really you singing?  cause if it is, you should retire now.  That's some terrible music!!!     Your voice is way out of tune.  This must be a joke, right????    :D

1356243[/snapback]

I'd like to see you do better, chump.

I've been involved in music (whether it be "the industry" or otherwise) for the better part of 20 years. Brother-in-law to be is in "the industry" and in a soon-to-be-signed band. Mom was a singer. Dad's a drummer. I play/sing/write.

I'm guessing Brent recorded this at home, not in a studio. Half of the popular "singers" out there nowadays have more voice enhancements on their recordings than you can shake a stick at.

First off, Brent's guitar talents are outstanding. Secondly, his voice may be a little raw, but at least is real.

Your comments are bush... sounds like a little twang of jealousy there, fella. What happened - did O-Town turn you down? :D

Edited by darin3

I'd like to see you do better, chump. 

I've been involved in music (whether it be "the industry" or otherwise) for the better part of 20 years.  Brother-in-law to be is in "the industry" and in a soon-to-be-signed band.  Mom was a singer.  Dad's a drummer.  I play/sing/write.

I'm guessing Brent recorded this at home, not in a studio.  Half of the popular "singers" out there nowadays have more voice enhancements on their recordings than you can shake a stick at.

First off, Brent's guitar talents are outstanding.  Secondly, his voice may be a little raw, but at least is real.

Your comments are bush... sounds like a little twang of jealousy there, fella.  What happened - did O-Town turn you down?  :D

1356868[/snapback]

I thought i read a rumor a while back that he was due to be cut?

1356840[/snapback]

Rumors. :D

I think he wants to play if the team improves. There have been rumors since before the season ended he would hang them up. We'll see.

Hey brent.  Not to change the sub. Clicked on your My Space link, is that really you singing?  cause if it is, you should retire now.  That's some terrible music!!!    Your voice is way out of tune.  This must be a joke, right????   :D

1356243[/snapback]

My words were merely some friendly advice

1356524[/snapback]

Dude your words were not merely friendly advice, you were being an a$$. There is a difference in speaking your mind and trying to be funny on a web forum by trashing someone elses music like that.

Dude your words were not merely friendly advice, you were being an a$$.  There is a difference in speaking your mind and trying to be funny on a web forum by trashing someone elses music like that. Tool.

1356924[/snapback]

Fixed :D

Some people don't understand art.  Trust me, I've heard plenty of people say my voice is bad and there are plenty that say it's good.  I don't expect you to understand creative aural art, so what makes you think your opinion matters?  The fact that you are bold enough to say you don't even play music and could sing better just shows your stupidity.  Are you willing to prove it?  Why don't you record yourself singing and post it for everyone here to judge.  Will you back up your words with action or will you continue to spew garbage from your couch? Because that's what the weak do!

Some people prefer perfect singing voices that offer no soul.  I am not one of those people.  What kind of music do you listen to?

So continue to take the easy path: Sit behind your anonymity and ridicule another man while he lays his soul on the line for anyone to hear.  That makes you feel important, but really you're just another condescending ingratiater following the masses.  :D

1356825[/snapback]

Good answer. :D

my bad thanks Wolv!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - i had a horrible night last night with my legs.

1357014[/snapback]

I apologize if I gave you cause to think about them. Only seems to bother me now when the baby isn't distracting me and I actually think about it.

Sorry if i offended you brent, just meant it as a joke. I don't know alot of you guys well enough to make jokes at your expense I guess. if i did it would be different. I'm not a big music buff so maybe it's me not understanding your style. Well to avoid going on and on, I'm just looking to give/read some good, fun info/topics and in the process hurt some feelings, which was never my intent. On a positive note (no pun intended), you made me aware of some of the features i didn't even know existed, like the inbox i have here at the huddle when you sent me the message.

I'm sure many of you here at the huddle that I've talked to, know I never mean to insult nor have I ever insulted anyone. This was simply meant as a joke that backfired. No Sweat, my bad, movin' on. :D

Edited by irish

Within the week.  Any takers?

1355662[/snapback]

Now that the thread hijacking has been resolved...can we get back to his original proclamation?? Where's your dough? Two people offered to possibly take you up on this but nothing from you??

C'mon Garfunkel. Thoughts?

Now that the thread hijacking has been resolved...can we get back to his original proclamation??  Where's your dough?  Two people offered to possibly take you up on this but nothing from you??

C'mon Garfunkel.  Thoughts?

1359143[/snapback]

$10 a piece? He retires on or before Tuesday Mar 14.

Edited by Brentastic

He has said he will wait until he sees the team's moves before making a decision. If he retires now his statements will look bad. I just don't see him doing it by tuesday.

1360288[/snapback]

Yeah, this is probably the worst thread I ever started.... on all counts. I don't even believe he will retire anymore. What can you do?

Anyone else want a free $10? JK, no more bets.

Yeah, this is probably the worst thread I ever started.... on all counts.  I don't even believe he will retire anymore.  What can you do?

Anyone else want a free $10?  JK, no more bets.

1361058[/snapback]

WE can cancel the bet if you like. I think he could retire, just not this week.

Yeah, this is probably the worst thread I ever started.... on all counts.  I don't even believe he will retire anymore.  What can you do?

Anyone else want a free $10?  JK, no more bets.

1361058[/snapback]

I'm too late??? darn :D

I'll be in if you want to extend it to this. I think he will play in the NFL this coming fall. $10

Fair enough?