[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions to interview Ramsey.

Randall

The Redskins have given quarterback Patrick Ramsey permission to visit the Lions as part of a possible trade, ESPN reported Wednesday.

Ramsey was in New York visiting the Jets on Wednesday and was in the process of scheduling visits with the Lions and Dolphins, ESPN reported.

Ramsey's agent, Jimmy Sexton, could not be reached for comment.

The Redskins have had Ramsey on the trade market for months, and the Lions are in the market for a backup to Joey Harrington.

Backups expected to be available on the free-agent market include the Bengals' Jon Kitna and the Cardinals' Josh McCown.

Story

Seriously....no I can't be serious about this. This is pretty friggin' funny! :D

Edited by Kid Cid

He can't be any worse the Joey the kid, least Ramseys got toughness, something the Hairball will never have. For the money, I'd try the guy in open competition and see where the chips fall. Hopefully, the Hairball, after 4 yrs, who still can't lose the y, is not our main guy. Money wise, prolly a smart move, although I'm sure we'd like to see Brees or Kitna.

Still makes me laugh, Joey Montana, Mean Joey Green, grrrrrrrrr, we get the pansy ass kid and everyone else got a real Joe.

NY Post reports today that the Jets and Ramsey are very close to a deal, he could join Gang Green within days. Redskins would get a 5th rounder in next year's draft as well as a conditional pick which would depend on how often and how well Ramsey plays (could be as high as a third rounder). Article stated that contrary to rumors, Ramsey does not currently have plans to visit Detroit or Miami, indicating a Jets deal is imminent.

NFC GM quoted anonymously in the article speculates that Ramsey is a great kid, but doesn't have the temperament to play in NY, "he'll be eaten alive up there".

I like Ramsey. I think Gibbs put him in the doghouse from Day One (fairly or unfairly), and we've never seen him get a real shot with real NFL protection and real NFL recievers. The turnstile OL he played behind under Spurrier, with all those Gator castoff WRs . . .

Dude has a live arm and toughness to spare. I say bring him in and have an open competition. The more guys we have in camp, the better, IMO.

Peace

policy

KFFL

The Jets are reportedly willing to give a fifth-round pick for Patrick Ramsey or a conditional 2007 pick depending on how he plays.

The New York Post believes a deal could happen in a matter of days, but the Daily News believes that the Jets won't do anything until they meet with Jon Kitna. Mar. 10 - 9:44 am et

Source: The New York Post

Matt Millen ... please move on.. there's nothing to see here.

Harrington/Ramsey/King ... same sh*t different name on the back of the jersey.

If you find somebody to QB that doesn't completly suck, I'll buy an extra hot dog next time. Promise.

Edited by Voltaire