[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Culpepper to be dealt Friday night

Popeye

Adam Scheftner just reported that Minnesota has secretly worked out a deal to trade Culpepper to ?. He said that it would be done by Friday night at midnight. No link but Total Access reported it. I would think Miami has worked out something for Ricky assuming he is cleared of his failed drug test. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Scheftner just reported that Minnesota has secretly worked out a deal to trade Culpepper to ?. He said that it would be done by Friday night at midnight. No link but Total Access reported it. I would think Miami has worked out something for Ricky assuming he is cleared of his failed drug test. What are your thoughts?

1360542[/snapback]

They got it from Mort:

From a homer board...

According to Chris Mortenson on ESPN. He said the Vikings have had enough and are working as hard as they can to get rid of him before the start of free agency. He said its over for sure so Culpepper is officialy finished. He also said that Oakland is the team that wants him the most and we are on the verge of shipping him there for what, I don't know. So be prepared for this to happen pretty soon.

They got it from Mort:

From a homer board...

According to Chris Mortenson on ESPN.  He said the Vikings have had enough and are working as hard as they can to get rid of him before the start of free agency.  He said its over for sure so Culpepper is officialy finished.  He also said that Oakland is the team that wants him the most and we are on the verge of shipping him there for what, I don't know.  So be prepared for this to happen pretty soon.

1360548[/snapback]

I am not a Raider homie, but it sure would be nice to see Cpep chucking the rock to Moss again. :D What would the Raiders give up to get Cpep? First round pick. I doubt it not knowing for sure when he will be cleared to play again.

I am not a Raider homie, but it sure would be nice to see Cpep chucking the rock to Moss again.  :D  What would the Raiders give up to get Cpep? First round pick. I doubt it not knowing for sure when he will be cleared to play again.

1360555[/snapback]

I can't see him going to Oakland unless Culppeper agrees to redo his contract. He is retarded if he goes there for less money than what he was making here.

The Raiders 1st rounder?  Yea, I'd do that deal.

1360568[/snapback]

Yea, I still think Miami would be willing to give up more to get him (IMO). Saban wants it all now and has made it clear that a QB is his priority in free agency. Wherever Cpep lands it will bump up the receivers in the rankings. Imagine him in Detroit with R. Williams. :D

Good-bye and good riddance.

I'd be real suprised if he plays in 2006.

1360609[/snapback]

When was he hurt? The end of October. Its a one year rehab, so you might be right.

How can you give anything without knowing if he can even play. The best deal for both sides would be a conditional pick based on performance.

Depending on how he performs - it could be a 1st, 2nd 3rd....

When they get that..who knows. 07 or 08???

When was he hurt? The end of October. Its a one year rehab, so you might be right.

How can you give anything without knowing if he can even play. The best deal for both sides would be a conditional pick based on performance.

Depending on how he performs - it could be a 1st, 2nd 3rd....

When they get that..who knows. 07 or 08???

1360620[/snapback]

When he first got hurt they were saying a year to 18 months.

:D NO WAY anyone gives a 1st round pick for C-Pep.

The Vikes will move him for virtually anything right now and everyone knows this. They'd do well to get a third rounder and would probably settle for a lot less.

Edited by theeohiostate

:D NO WAY anyone gives a 1st round pick for C-Pep.

The Vikes will move him for virtually anything right now and everyone knows this.  They'd do well to get a third rounder and would probably settle for a lot less.

1360634[/snapback]

Very true. I would have thought the team would have learned its lesson last year with the Moss fiasco. Note to Vikings: it would behoove you to refrain from comments/actions that diminish the value of players until AFTER you have suckered someone else into taking them. :D

Yup, trades are usually contingent upon a player passing both teams' physicals. Wouldn't bet he can do so just yet.

1360661[/snapback]

That is true. I don't want to sound like a swoosh here but come on guys... Don't you think the team that trades for him already knows what kind of state he's in, and will take that into consideration when they do their physical with him? Why put a player who's going through rehab into a physical, and than fail him? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Either way, the Vikes are going to lose on yet another trade. Last year's Harris/1st rounder was horrible for one of the best WR's in football. And this year's won't be much better. If OAK truly is interested, and are willing to pay the high price of their 7th overall pick. How do you figure MIA can match or beat that? Unless they're giving up multiple picks... Which to me is a big gamble. Why not go after a guy in FA like Brees if you're the Dolphins/Raiders rather than giving an arm and a leg for a guy who apparently may not play this season?

That being said, I will repeat myself for like the 9th time here on the huddle. I'd love to see Cpepp in S&B, just don't see how we can afford to pay him, and not Collins...

Its official - they confirmed it:

(March 9, 2006) -- The Minnesota Vikings have a deal in place to trade quarterback Daunte Culpepper, team officials confirmed Thursday. The trade is imminent, with the deal expected to go through Friday, just before the start of free agency.

Where Culpepper is going is the biggest mystery in the league. As of now, it is not Oakland. The Raiders and Vikings spoke Thursday, but Oakland is trying to gauge whether or not it wants to try to match, or beat, the other teams' offer. It will spend Thursday night mulling its decision.

Daunte Culpepper couldn't get along with the new regime in Minnesota.

But the Vikings have made it clear that they have found a suitable trade partner, with suitable compensation, and now Culpepper and the Vikings each will get their wish. They will part ways, leaving on more bitter terms than wide receiver Randy Moss left Minnesota last season.

Culpepper could not get along with new Vikings coach Brad Childress, and the quarterback has upset various members of the organization with what they feel is his immature behavior. Their relationship, by all accounts, will end Friday. But the only ones who knows where Culpepper's next relationship will resume are the Vikings and their trading partner.

Teams in need of quarterbacks include Miami, New Orleans, Detroit, the New York Jets, the Baltimore Ravens and the Oakland Raiders, who still have not released Kerry Collins, even if it has been reported that they have.

Chances are, one of those places will be Culpepper's home this season.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9295762

Its official - they confirmed it:

(March 9, 2006) -- The Minnesota Vikings have a deal in place to trade quarterback Daunte Culpepper, team officials confirmed Thursday. The trade is imminent, with the deal expected to go through Friday, just before the start of free agency.

Where Culpepper is going is the biggest mystery in the league. As of now, it is not Oakland. The Raiders and Vikings spoke Thursday, but Oakland is trying to gauge whether or not it wants to try to match, or beat, the other teams' offer. It will spend Thursday night mulling its decision.

Daunte Culpepper couldn't get along with the new regime in Minnesota.     

But the Vikings have made it clear that they have found a suitable trade partner, with suitable compensation, and now Culpepper and the Vikings each will get their wish. They will part ways, leaving on more bitter terms than wide receiver Randy Moss left Minnesota last season.

Culpepper could not get along with new Vikings coach Brad Childress, and the quarterback has upset various members of the organization with what they feel is his immature behavior. Their relationship, by all accounts, will end Friday. But the only ones who knows where Culpepper's next relationship will resume are the Vikings and their trading partner.

Teams in need of quarterbacks include Miami, New Orleans, Detroit, the New York Jets, the Baltimore Ravens and the Oakland Raiders, who still have not released Kerry Collins, even if it has been reported that they have.

Chances are, one of those places will be Culpepper's home this season.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9295762

1360680[/snapback]

:CurlyBillvoice: Well, bye. :CurlyBillvoice:

Oakland---Maybe they'll swap 1st rounders in 2006, 2nd rounder in 2006, and a conditional 1st rounder in 2007(based on playing time/numbers) for Daunte.

My guess is the Rams, if Oakland falls through...Then there is Baltimore.

Anyone else have a guess...

Edited by mggoilers

That would be an awful lot to give up for any player in the NFL today...

1360686[/snapback]

2nd rounder and a conditional 1st rounder in 2007?

Oakland would move back a few spots in 2006, and Minny would move up. Throw in a 2nd rounder. If Culpepper meets playing incentives in 2006, Minny would get an additional pick in 2007.

If the deal is done by tomorrow, it has to be a team that has had a chance to examine him or has spoken to his doctor.