[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Culpepper to be dealt Friday night

Popeye

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd rounder and a conditional 1st rounder in 2007?

Oakland would move back a few spots in 2006, and Minny would move up.  Throw in a 2nd rounder.  If Culpepper meets playing incentives in 2006, Minny would get an additional pick in 2007.

If the deal is done by tomorrow, it has to be a team that has had a chance to examine him or has spoken to his doctor.

1360694[/snapback]

My scenario works with the Rams too...Linehan obviously likes him

Oakland---Maybe they'll swap 1st rounders in 2006, 2nd rounder in 2006, and a conditional 1st rounder in 2007(based on playing time/numbers) for Daunte.

My guess is the Rams, if Oakland falls through...Then there is Baltimore.

Anyone else have a guess...

1360684[/snapback]

If they do something like that, I think it would be a 2nd or 3rd this year from Oakland and If he is able to play, Vikings get an agreed pick (1st) in 07 and Oakland gets the Vikings 2nd or 3rd back in 07...

My crazy scenario.....

Daunte's been playing this all along, sitting down there in Florida, its not

Childress and Zyggy he really has a problem with, its playing and living

in a state that is prudish enough to charge him with a crime for getting a

lap dance. Edge did want to come here...but him and Daunte have been known

to pal around in Florida...ya know Edge would love to go back to Miami.....

So Daunte has been down there having secret meetings with Saban, and Edge,

just waiting for the CBA to get done so Edge can maximize his

contract.....and now Daunte breaks loose with his big plan, Miami trades for

Daunte....Daunte's been there in Florida the whole time so Saban has first hand knowledge on how the knee is doing. Thing is, it's not for a draft pick, but for Mr Ronnie Brown...opening up the RB spot for Edge....and Saban has his win-now team he has been looking for.

:D

:D Now that I like:

My crazy scenario.....

Daunte....Daunte's been there in Florida the whole time so Saban has first hand knowledge on how the knee is doing. Thing is, it's not for a draft pick, but for Mr Ronnie Brown...opening up the RB spot for Edge....and Saban has his win-now team he has been looking for.

1360727[/snapback]

My crazy scenario.....

1360727[/snapback]

If the Vikings can get Brown for Culpepper, then I don't understand football anymore.

Report: Culpepper deal in place

By Alex Marvez

Sun-Sentinel.com

Posted March 9 2006, 7:59 PM EST

The Dolphins are one of the teams that have spoken to the Minnesota Vikings about a possible trade for quarterback Daunte Culpepper, a source said Thursday.

The NFL Network reported a deal to trade Culpepper on Friday was in place but the franchise where he would be headed wasn't identified. Oakland isn't one of those teams, the Network reported, but the Raiders were mulling whether to match or better the offer.

LocalLinks

ESPN reported that the Vikings are seeking to trade Culpepper within the next 24 hours with the Dolphins and Raiders considered the frontrunners.

A source said the Vikings began aggressively shopping Culpepper on Wednesday night after he sent an email to Minnesota media earlier in the day petitioning the franchise for a trade or his release.

Oakland was one of the teams contacted, the source said. The New York Jets, Baltimore, St. Louis and Arizona are also considered potential suitors.

The Vikings are willing to take less than first-round compensation for Culpepper, the source said. If he can't be dealt, Minnesota is expected to release Culpepper before he is due to collect a $6 million roster bonus later this month.

The free-agent signing period is set to begin at 12:01 a.m. Friday, but a 24-hour delay is expected so teams and agents can digest the financial impact of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement that was finalized Wednesday night between the NFL and its players' union.

The Dolphins are in the market for a new starting quarterback and Culpepper would fit the bill. Any trade would likely be tied to Culpepper taking a physical examination, as he tore three knee ligaments last October against Carolina.

Before a rift with team management began last season, the 29-year-old Culpepper was considered one of the NFL's top quarterbacks. But the three-time Pro Bowl player experienced a dreadful 2005 campaign before getting injured, having thrown six touchdowns and 12 interceptions while posting a 2-5 starting record.

if C Pep ends up in Miami , Chris Chambers looks an even better FF draft pick at WR..i think Chambers cracks top 10 possibly top 7 if Dante is healthy as the 'Phins QB

1360720[/snapback]

He has to rehab and be ready to go before this happens. The question is, Will he be ready for the OPENING game? :D

All I can say is I wouldn't want to be a player on the Vikings team.  They just stepped back again in the rebuilding process.

1360853[/snapback]

they just played most of last year without him, and they won without him. They probably think they can manage. I wouldn't trade him, but my guess is Childress doesn't want to deal with it. A year removed from T.O. he knows what it can do to a team to have a disruptive influence. It's totally his call. During the combine coverage, i saw an interview with the Vikings GM. They asked him what type of players they were looking for.

He said Brad Childress type players, Childress has an idea of the type of player he wants and his job was to help them get those players.

just my 2 cents.

The teams they mentioned on local Twin Cities news were:

Baltimore

Miami

Oakland

St. Louis

1360835[/snapback]

Of these 4 teams I would guess it would be between Miami and Baltimore. Oakland, Miami and Baltimore have a need for a QB. I just couldn't see things working out with Oakland.

I think I remember hearing somewhere that Baltimore has decent room under the cap.

I still think St Louis is fine with Bulger.

I know Pepper has been a whiny little girlie, but i'm still sad to see him go. First Moss and now this. Is the Wilf era really starting out any better than Cheap McCombs? They better make a splash elsewhere and bring in some big talent or i'm really going to be depressed. I was reading somewhere earlier that the speculation is the RB they are going to go after is Maurice Morris. That's Maurice freakin' Morris. Not Edgerrin James or anyone of a superstar pedigree. :D