[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants pick up Madison

budlitebrad

:D  good move...  LB in the 1st?  Or maybe Arrington

1362273[/snapback]

Madison's contract isn't too steep so I think they could afford to go after Arrington and add depth in the draft. The GM has said they would like to pick up a WR so maybe sign Arrington and WR in round 1? depending who is left.

The CB with all the tackles will be the CB that teams pick on. that won't be Madison.

1362265[/snapback]

I have watched every one of Madison's games. Every last one of them.

I think it's a good pick up for the Giants. But again . .

He's not a physical corner.

His tackling is atrocious.

He does not fit Sabans scheme.

1362307[/snapback]

You could say the same thing about Dieon Sanders......and he was one of the best CB's of all time. So, as long as he can cover a guy and not get burned like the Giants DB's did last season, I'm very happy with this signing!!

I have watched every one of Madison's games. Every last one of them.

He does not fit Sabans scheme.

1362307[/snapback]

True...

...but...

...the last thing a CB should be worried about is tackling. If a CB is worried about tackling, that just means he's blown his first priority which is keeping the ball out of the reciever's hands in the first place...a task that Sam Mad excells at which is a good thing for the Giants. The two Wills have been way too inconsistant. They were players that you wanted to love but never lived up to potential due to injuries and all that. Sure they made a couple of big plays but their tackling was atrocious AND they were always getting burnt. Couple that with the addition od R.W. McQuaters and the secondary is looking way better than it has in years. This is a brilliant acquisition on the Giants behalf. Lets see now...they have Osi, Michael, R.W., Sam, Will (Demps, another good pickup), Antonio and Chase? Scary defense.

I'd love to see Arrington added to that mix.  Unless we get him at a bargain price like we did Plaxico last year, I don't see it happening though.

1372482[/snapback]

+1 even if they dont sign a free agent, the draft should produce someone who can compete with torbor for that last starting spot...i still say screw arrington and resign the very versitile griesen, but thats just me

Giants | K. Johnson interested

Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:06:44 -0800

Michael Silver, of Sports Illustrated, reports free agent WR Keyshawn Johnson (Cowboys) has interest in joining the New York Giants, among other teams.

lol im sure he'd get along great with coughlin...they could use him though

lol im sure he'd get along great with coughlin...they could use him though

1374461[/snapback]

Link

"I know exactly what I'm worth," Johnson said, "and it's not $2.5 million a year. I know what I bring to a team, and if somebody comes calling who is willing to compensate me accordingly, I'm available."

You can go ahead and scratch the Giants off your list then, Meshawn!

Edited by Dirty Sanchez