[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor Likely a Viking

Lucky Jack

Just heard an interview on Sirius NFL Radio (awesome by the way) with the editor of Viking Update...talked to Chester's Agent and he is in with the Triangle of Bumbling...I mean authority now...and things are looking like a deal...could be all hype or misdirection...but the Vikes tend to get their man (Winfield :D , Smoot :D, etc...). Is Chester over-rated??? Can't decide...but with an improved O-line in Minnesota...could be a Lamont Jordan type deal (not too shabby for a first year as a starter...)

Just heard an interview on Sirius NFL Radio (awesome by the way) with the editor of Viking Update...talked to Chester's Agent and he is in with the Triangle of Bumbling...I mean authority now...and things are looking like a deal...could be all hype or misdirection...but the Vikes tend to get their man (Winfield  :D , Smoot  :D, etc...).  Is Chester over-rated???  Can't decide...but with an improved O-line in Minnesota...could be a Lamont Jordan type deal (not too shabby for a first year as a starter...)

1364122[/snapback]

Would be a decent signing... But does he start in Minny next season? Who knows...

Just heard an interview on Sirius NFL Radio (awesome by the way) with the editor of Viking Update...talked to Chester's Agent and he is in with the Triangle of Bumbling...I mean authority now...and things are looking like a deal...could be all hype or misdirection...but the Vikes tend to get their man (Winfield  :D , Smoot  :D, etc...).  Is Chester over-rated???  Can't decide...but with an improved O-line in Minnesota...could be a Lamont Jordan type deal (not too shabby for a first year as a starter...)

1364122[/snapback]

Onterrio's still probably their best back if he can stay on the field. Will they cut him?

Lamont Jordan? Remember last year when fans said you will be better off without Moss? Hope springs eternal in Vikingland, but Chester isn't Jordan. His last year in NY Jordan averaged 5.2 and Taylor last year 4.2. Jordan is a different back.

Edited by Randall

Would be a decent signing... But does he start in Minny next season? Who knows...

1364126[/snapback]

I dont think they would be going after him if they didnt plan on starting him or just using him as a 3rd down RB, they have enough 3rd down RB's already on the roster.

I dont get why they keep using these average backs when they have the money to go after a superstar

1364156[/snapback]

because Brad Childress is the coach and he wants to be like Andy Reid and let all the top players that can fill gaps slip through his fingers... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I dont think they would be going after him if they didnt plan on starting him or just using him as a 3rd down RB, they have enough 3rd down RB's already on the roster.

1364150[/snapback]

But see I think they have MORE than 3rd down backs. Mewelde Moore is the biggest 3rd down back in the NFL. All he can do is catch out of the backfield. They should just stick with the Whizz. He's the most talented guy, and still would be with Taylor in Minny.

But I do think Taylor can be an every down back, and succeed if given the chance. So if they did sign him, not bad...

But see I think they have MORE than 3rd down backs. Mewelde Moore is the biggest 3rd down back in the NFL. All he can do is catch out of the backfield. They should just stick with the Whizz. He's the most talented guy, and still would be with Taylor in Minny.

But I do think Taylor can be an every down back, and succeed if given the chance. So if they did sign him, not bad...

1364193[/snapback]

That team has had so many problems with players in the past (Moss, the Whizz, the Love Boat) that maybe they're not willing to take a chance on Onterrio. Taylor and Moore could be a good combo and they may lose Michael Bennett to free agency any way.

1364193[/snapback]

The problem with Moore from what I've seen is the guy doesnt seem to play "hurt" at all. Throw in the fact with a new coach, if they sign Chester he will obviously be Childresses "GUY".

I see Moore as nothing but a backup RB at this point with this new coaching regime. The only way I think Moore stands a chance is if Minny doesnt sign any FA RB's and doesnt draft a RB in rd1 or 2. Do you see either happening?

Edited by Peensa

I dont get why they keep using these average backs when they have the money to go after a superstar

1364156[/snapback]

Who's to say Chester cant be one given the opportunity?? He looked pretty good behind a bad O Line and no qb in Balt. Ofcourse I remember people saying the same thing last year about L Jordan.

Who's to say Chester cant be one given the opportunity?? He looked pretty good behind a bad O Line and no qb in Balt. Ofcourse I remember people saying the same thing last year about L Jordan.

1364269[/snapback]

He averaged 4.2.The year before Jordan averaged 5.2.

With the greatest salary cap situation possible, a lot of talented Free Agent RB's available, and a need for a clear cut starting RB on this offense, I do NOT like the vVkigns going after Chester Taylor. Way to set your sights low! :D

With the greatest salary cap situation possible, a lot of talented Free Agent RB's available, and a need for a clear cut starting RB on this offense, I do NOT like the vVkigns going after Chester Taylor.  Way to set your sights low!  :D

1364294[/snapback]

Like who? Sure, I was hoping something crazy would happen and we'd go after Edge, but after Edge and Alexander....who would you suggest they set their sights on?

Granted, I'm not jumping up and down with joy here, but I'll take Taylor over Jamal Lewis or Morris.

He's shown he can catch the ball and break the long run in part time play. He definetly fits the offense. Spend some money on offensive line he could have a good year.