[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bratwurst

whomper

A friend of mine was just over the house and he just told me of a cool way he has been doing Brats.

Get a tin with a cover . Put it on the grill. Pour 2 bottles of guiness and a whole can of saurkraut in the tin juice and all. Place the brats in the tin..Cover and boil for 25 minutes..Then take the Brats out and grill them for 10 minutes . He says its delicious.

Edited by whomper

A friend of mine was just over the house and he just told me of a cool way he has been doing Brats.

Get a tin with a cover . Put it on the grill. Pour 2 bottles of guiness and a whole can of saurkraut in the tin juice and all. Place the brats in the tin..Cover and boil for 25 minutes..Then take the Brats out and grill them for 10 minutes . He says its delicious.

1364260[/snapback]

I'll give it a try.

yes! this is how i cook brats.

i use different bier and change things up with regard to what i add to the bier (ie: onions, kraut, carroway seeds, etc)

edit: when i do throw kraut in there, i reduce the liquid down to where there is maybe 1/4 of a cup left.

Edited by Bier Meister

I've boiled brats in Guinness before and it is delicious. Never combined the sauerkraut as well when boiling them.

I assume the sauerkraut is then edible and ready for installation on the brat after grilling?

1364330[/snapback]

Yes

1364260[/snapback]

That's Wisconsin all the way. DGF showed me that way and boy is it good. Also very good with Labbat's or any decent beer for that matter. Problem is I eat so many I almost get sick. And boy the next day......

That's Wisconsin all the way. DGF showed me that way and boy is it good. Also very good with Labbat's or any decent beer for that matter. Problem is I eat so many I  almost get sick. And boy the next day......

1364606[/snapback]

yep this guy said there are a few beers that work for this

1364260[/snapback]

THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF WAYS BUT IN BEER AND THEN GRILLED IS THE ONY WAY

That's Wisconsin all the way. DGF showed me that way and boy is it good. Also very good with Labbat's or any decent beer for that matter. Problem is I eat so many I  almost get sick. And boy the next day......

1364606[/snapback]

Yeah, I was reading that and asked, "How else do you make brats?" :D

I do it the exact opposite cuz once you put the brats on the coals to grill, you burn out most of the flavor.

My recipe is similar (except the kraut which I might try) but grill the brats first and THEN let them simmer in the Guinness-Kraut mixture to get happy. Gauranteed to be the bomb..!

I do it the exact opposite cuz once you put the brats on the coals to grill, you burn out most of the flavor. 

My recipe is similar (except the kraut which I might try) but grill the brats first and THEN let them simmer in the Guinness-Kraut mixture to get happy.  Gauranteed to be the bomb..!

1372075[/snapback]

:D Thats a good point..

:D Thats a good point..

1372335[/snapback]

I'll give it a go. Any excuse to harden my arteries a little more is good to me :D Though once on the coals in the first manner you certainly should just put them on for very little time, just enough to get the grill taste, but not loose the juices

• 2 weeks later...

My recipe is similar (except the kraut which I might try) but grill the brats first and THEN let them simmer in the Guinness-Kraut mixture to get happy.  Gauranteed to be the bomb..!

1372075[/snapback]

exactly!! :D

yes!  this is how i cook brats.

i use different bier and change things up with regard to what i add to the bier (ie: onions, kraut, carroway seeds, etc)

edit:  when i do throw kraut in there, i reduce the liquid down to where there is maybe 1/4 of a cup left.

1364453[/snapback]

I do this as well. Good stuff.