[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Lloyd Deal Completed

Raider.Nation

Redskins | Lloyd trade done

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:56:29 -0800

Greg Beacham, of the Associated Press, reports the San Francisco 49ers have traded restricted free agent WR Brandon Lloyd to the Washington Redskins for the Redskins' third-round pick in this year's NFL Draft and their fourth-round selection in 2007.

Redskins | Lloyd trade done

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:56:29 -0800

Greg Beacham, of the Associated Press, reports the San Francisco 49ers have traded restricted free agent WR Brandon Lloyd to the Washington Redskins for the Redskins' third-round pick in this year's NFL Draft and their fourth-round selection in 2007.

1364423[/snapback]

So since this is done. What fantasy projects do you see for him.

Me personally. I'd say 40-50 rec, 500-650 yards, and maybe 4-6 TD's

1364431[/snapback]

I'd have to say more than what he did in SF...

he could do alot better in the TD dept. as he's obviously sure handed...but he can jump pretty high as well...something that Patten and Moss can't do...

I'd have to say more than what he did in SF...

he could do alot better in the TD dept. as he's obviously sure handed...but he can jump pretty high as well...something that Patten and Moss can't do...

1364432[/snapback]

moss cant jump?

"WR Santana Moss -- Showed tremendous athletic ability throughout his workout. He was measured at 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds. He showed excellent speed in the 40, clocking a 4.42 on his first try and 4.36 on the second run. He also had a 44-inch vertical jump. He pulled his hamstring and was unable to go through the positional drills, but his speed and athleticism were evident and definitely helped his standing. As a draft pick, Moss is solidly in the mid-first round."

http://espn.go.com/melkiper/s/2001/0301/1119804.html

moss cant jump?

"WR Santana Moss -- Showed tremendous athletic ability throughout his workout. He was measured at 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds. He showed excellent speed in the 40, clocking a 4.42 on his first try and 4.36 on the second run. He also had a 44-inch vertical jump. He pulled his hamstring and was unable to go through the positional drills, but his speed and athleticism were evident and definitely helped his standing. As a draft pick, Moss is solidly in the mid-first round."

http://espn.go.com/melkiper/s/2001/0301/1119804.html

1364439[/snapback]

Lloyd is a taller frame and has a longer wingspan...he can get up and reach alot higher than Moss...

In SF he would have been the #1 WR, in Wash he will be the #2.....will this help his stats?

1364447[/snapback]

very possible...plus they have a ground game, somewhat better QB and a borderline stud TE....

he'll be a key redzone target when they are just inside the 20...

Lloyd is a taller frame and has a longer wingspan...he can get up and reach alot higher than Moss...

1364445[/snapback]

he may have the higher overall reach of the two.. but when you can get up over 40" you can reach pretty darn high too.

What happens in SF now, is A.Battle worth taking a chance on? Gonna be the #1 Wr there now, for what that's worth.....

1364466[/snapback]

Battle was worth taking a chance on last season, nevermind next! He played very well in the pre-season last year, and started the season hot. After his injuries and the QB change, he got lost in the shuffle. But at this point, he's the man in SF unless they sign/draft someone real exciting.

Lloyd has mediocre fantasy value in Wash at BEST IMO. For one- he is overrated, he is godd in the redzone, and catching fades- but as a complete WR- average. Combine that with Gibbs Redskin offense- who is their QB anyway? And with Moss their- I will not be anywhere near Lloyd come draft day.

That's a lot to give up for a player who has never proven that he can play at this level.  Has decent talent, but has put up no #'s.  Things won't get any better for him on a Redskin team with no Quarterback and salary cap problems.

1364462[/snapback]

brunell should of made the probowl this past year and it looks like their doing just fine with the salary cap. go be a turd somewhere else.

Edited by WhereAreMyRedShoes!

I honestly think Lloyd being there will help Moss more than anything...defenses have to respect the other receiver now (Lloyd is far superior to Patten), so I'm thinking this moves up Moss a few spots next year...

I hope my Niners know what they are doing...I like Nolan, but I really didnt want to see this happen....but then again, I read somewhere that we may make a big push for Randle-El, so it could all be good....

But I realize we are still a few years away...

I honestly think Lloyd being there will help Moss more than anything...defenses have to respect the other receiver now (Lloyd is far superior to Patten), so I'm thinking this moves up Moss a few spots next year...

I hope my Niners know what they are doing...I like Nolan, but I really didnt want to see this happen....but then again, I read somewhere that we may make a big push for Randle-El, so it could all be good....

But I realize we are still a few years away...

1365039[/snapback]

Wrong on 2 accounts. There is no reason to say that Lloyd is far superior to Patten. He has not proven that yet, so it's a big statement to make. And as a Niners fan (you) should hope that they do more than go after a guy like Randle El.

I believe he will help out Moss more than everyone is thinking. Just dont send him across the middle. :D But other than that they should be set. And far as QB give Jason Campbell a chance first. He havent touched the field yet.

Wrong on 2 accounts. There is no reason to say that Lloyd is far superior to Patten. He has not proven that yet, so it's a big statement to make. And as a Niners fan (you) should hope that they do more than go after a guy like Randle El.

1365043[/snapback]

what do you know? your a raiders fan.