[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Tripplett

satelliteoflovegm

Don't know alot about the guy, but believe he is an upgrade of Sam Adams who had 12 tackles in 2005. I know the true measure of a DT isn't tackles, it the guys they occupy, but Adams couldn't or wasn't allowed to play nearly enough to be worth the price. I wish him well though...

Triplett is a decent player with both some size and athleticism. He doesn't do anything great, so don't expect him to be a great pass rusher or every down run stopper. He can be an effective player in a rotation of tackles and has the ability to make plays in spurts. If you got him cheap you'll like him, if you overpaid you won't.

He was a second round pick of the Colts, and IMO never lived up to it. He was the Colts third DT behind Simon and Reagor. He played quite a bit though because of how much the Colts rotate linemen into the game.

He had a nice game in the opener against the Ravens last year with a couple sacks and returned an INT for a TD against the Texans, but other than that, I cannot think of any other great plays/games from his entire time here. It irritates me when a guy loses weight and gets in great shape for his contract year after doing nothing before that.

Edited by CaptainHook

He was a second round pick of the Colts, and IMO never lived up to it.  He was the Colts third DT behind Simon and Reagor.  He played quite a bit though because of how much the Colts rotate linemen into the game.

He had a nice game in the opener against the Ravens last year with a couple sacks and returned an INT for a TD against the Texans, but other than that, I cannot think of any other great plays/games from his entire time here.  It irritates me when a guy loses weight and gets in great shape for his contract year after doing nothing before that.

1364880[/snapback]

Well stated. Now is he going to play like his draft status and contract.