[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge in Arizona?

mggoilers

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141623

Arizona brought 3 guys into town, 2 have left with contracts is Edge next?

1364568[/snapback]

Man, If I am Edge I take less and go somewhere else. not trying to dog Arizona as that would be hard to do being a Lions fan. but I have never seen a worse run blocking line than what Arizona has.

Just a week ago Green said

"A blockbuster deal in my opinion is one that eats up most of your cap space," Green said. "It means you get one player and one and done. And we're not going to do that. If you ask me if we're going to go after one of the incredible backs that might be available in a blockbuster deal, that probably will not happen."

I think Indy's line may be a bit overrated, but I'm sure any team that signs Edge will make sure he has a few blockers...Arizona was terrible last year

1364654[/snapback]

Correct. What I'm saying is that Edge can only play well if he has a decent O-line, which is true for virtually any back. You said you approved of the move to AZ as an Edge owner because he's happy when the money's good and therefore plays well. I doubt he CAN play well in AZ unless the O-line is addressed.

Correct.  What I'm saying is that Edge can only play well if he has a decent O-line, which is true for virtually any back.  You said you approved of the move to AZ as an Edge owner because he's happy when the money's good and therefore plays well.  I doubt he CAN play well in AZ unless the O-line is addressed.

1364663[/snapback]

Very true.

at first Az says to much money...but with 28.9 million to throw around, bidwell would be crazy to not go after him. the man would sell tickets...and would also help Boldin and Fitzy out by having a more believable play action. make some FA aquisitions to bolster thier line (which i think edge eeill run behind just fine regardless who blocks for him...mainly to protect warner and his cement slippers)..and they could possibly grab vernon davis at the 10 spot.

seems like a better than average chance for a playoff team...which i think is a must if they want to keep fans in that fancey new stadium they are gonna be playing in this year.

Correct.  What I'm saying is that Edge can only play well if he has a decent O-line, which is true for virtually any back.  You said you approved of the move to AZ as an Edge owner because he's happy when the money's good and therefore plays well.  I doubt he CAN play well in AZ unless the O-line is addressed.

1364663[/snapback]

Showing your gold teeth because your smiling so much isn't going to blind the defender throwing the guard out of the way.

edit for my big azz fingers messing up the spelling

Edited by CarryTheRock

With Foster re-signing with Carolina, and Minnesota signing Taylor, this looks to be Edge's best bet for big money.  Will Bidwell pay?

1364885[/snapback]

Unless he's also going to pay to upgrade the flood gate er, offensive line, it would be a bit of a waste.

Any chance Warner has some kind of resurrection?

1364928[/snapback]

No. This is in my opinion the biggest problem holding that team back right now. Warner is washed up and they need to go in another direction with the QB position.That and thier O Line sucks!

The Oline was absolutely like a swinging gate last year...if they shored it up, could Warner stay on his feet? It doesn't make any sense to me to go out and get a guy like James if they won't address the Oline situation. To me, that's more important than Warner.

The Oline was absolutely like a swinging gate last year...if they shored it up, could Warner stay on his feet? It doesn't make any sense to me to go out and get a guy like James if they won't address the Oline situation. To me, that's more important than Warner.

1364942[/snapback]

The addition of James helps Warners cause but without the OLine dunno how much . I'm glad i'm not a Cardinal fan. The Saints are enough to deal with.

Ok, posing this question for Capt. Hook........

If we lose Edge to Arizona or some other team......Who do we go after in terms of a RB. :D

I don't believe Dominic Rhodes is the answer! Do we look to the draft or some RBBC approach???

If we lose Edge to Arizona or some other team......Who do we go after in terms of a RB.  :D

I don't believe Dominic Rhodes is the answer!  Do we look to the draft or some RBBC approach???

1364986[/snapback]

If Edge goes to Arizona I would expect Indy to go RB in rd1 of the draft. One of the big 4 will fall to them.

If we lose Edge to Arizona or some other team......Who do we go after in terms of a RB.  :D

I don't believe Dominic Rhodes is the answer!  Do we look to the draft or some RBBC approach???

1364986[/snapback]

Not the Capt.....but errrrrr.....you lost Edge when you couldn't sign him!!LMAO....what Edge is going to falter in FA and say...okay I'll take a lot less than I want to stay with Colts.......lol....he'll go to "ANY" team that offers the right/decent amount of money......he didn't stay an extra day because they are going to ignore the offensive line plans for this year (LOL)....believe Cards are serious as a heart surgery to repaire their offensive woes....with Boldin, Fitz and Johnson as well a 10 pick to boot and plenty of cap room to get FA's to revamp the "O" line....they will compete and especially if Edge is carrying the rock.....Shipp will be gone if that happens IMO... :D

ESPN Insider

James in the Cards?

<Mar. 12> James had dinner in Phoenix with Cardinals receivers Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald on Saturday, and Arizona coach Dennis Green said he was "hopeful" the team could get a deal done with the former Colts running back, according to the East Valley Tribune.

"Lobbying time is over," Green told the paper. "Now its time to get it done.

The Colts don't appear to be making a strong push to keep James, despite cap relief brought by the new labor agreement.

The Ravens are thought to have their eye on James in the event they don't re-sign Jamal Lewis

blah blah, he's just blowing smoke.  After watching Marcel Shipp and JJ Arrington last year...Edge would be a dream.  As an Edge owner, I approve of this move.  Money makes Edge happy, and when Edge is happy he plays well.

1364628[/snapback]

I don't care if Edge is the happiest person ever, happiness does not open up holes.