[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2005 Huddle Awards

DMD

Since this was sitting out there waiting to be completed and I already know how to do this sort of thing pretty quickly, I went ahead and totaled them all up (Excel being a beautiful thing and all).

For many of the categories, it was clear if not a landslide. For a few of them, it was almost impossible to determine and I awarded ties. There is a rather significant problem with consistency with answers but I think I did it as well as it could be.

*Forum Awards*

Fantasy Guru Award (for best Fantasy Advice forum poster) - Hugh One

Huddle Heisman (for best College forum poster) - theeohiostate

IDP Intellect (Individual Defensive Player forum guru) - Darin3

Tailgate Award (for best Tailgate poster) - Cliaz

Homer Hero (for best homer info) - Captain Hook

Culinary Connoisseur (Food & Beverage forum award) - Bier Meister

Skybox Award - Wiegie

*Site Awards*

Best Huddle Game - Tie: Smackbowl, MVP Challenge, Mystery Huddler

Best Huddle Article - Predictions/Projections

Best Post/Thread - Skylive Tour

Best Link - JJ's bored at work threads

Best Forum Feature - Graemlins

Worst Forum Feature - Tie: search, flood control

*Individual Awards*

Best Username - Down Goes Frazia

Best Sigline - Skylive5

Best Avatar(s) - All of VoteQuimby2s

Best Fisherman - Spain

Best Mystery Huddler - H8tank

Best Use of Graemlins - Squeegiebo

Funniest Huddler - Whomper

Most Respected Huddler - Skylive

Most Annoying Huddler - Seahawks37

Huddler you most like to read - Spain

Marathon Huddler (Biggest poster/padder thru the year) - Tie: Broncosn05, Grits

Who you'd most want to have a beer with - Literally 50+ people mentioned

Who you'd most want to talk football with - DMD

Newbie of the Year - Tie: Beaumont, ChuckB

Newbie Tool of the Year - Seahawks37

Most Valuable Huddler MVH - Big John

Though it did not win and yet was constantly a runner-up in many categories, I am taking the liberty of awarding something myself:

Huddle Medal of Honor: The Band of Huddlers: SteelBunz (leader), alchico, NSab, SuperBalla, keggerz, Atlanta Cracker, tbimm, Cordo, Hitman, SuperBalla, Big John.

The selfless and noble gift they willingly gave to help out those in need in the wake of the hurricane disaster is beyond mere accolades. While kudos to any who offered kind words and even financial assistance is warranted, I think we all know at the heart of it - an ounce of "do something" is worth more than a ton of commentary. My hat is off, my heart is warmed and we should all be humbled.

:D

Though it did not win and yet was constantly a runner-up in many categories, I am taking the liberty of awarding something myself:

Huddle Medal of Honor: Everyone involved in the Band of Huddlers (I am not naming them here for fear of leaving anyone out. Please post their names)

The selfless and noble gift they willingly gave to help out those in need in the wake of the hurricane disaster is beyond mere accolades. While kudos to any who offered kind words and even financial assistance is warranted, I think we all know at the heart of it - an ounce of "do something" is worth more than a ton of commentary. My hat is off, my heart is warmed and we should all be humbled.

1365053[/snapback]

Absolutely. I cannot believe there is another online community focussed on something like FF that has the sheer quality of people that this one has.

Humble felicitations to all involved. :D

Huddle Medal of Honor: Everyone involved in the Band of Huddlers (I am not naming them here for fear of leaving anyone out. Please post their names)

1365053[/snapback]

Thanks for the update.

As for the new award :D

It has been a truely inspiring year as a part of the Huddle family. Thanks to NSab, Alchico and others that got this thing going. Thanks to Keg for donating bears to kids. I am pleased with our community awareness to help our fellow man.

1365053[/snapback]

Set up the financial resources: alchico, NSab, SuperBalla. Bear giveaway: keggerz.

Vounteers is home rebuilding: SteelBunz (leader), Atlanta Cracker, tbimm, Cordo, Hitman, SuperBalla, Big John.

Plus other financial contributors and well-wishers.

I haven't won a category yet.  :D

1365469[/snapback]

You were second to Squeegie for use of gremlins...

1365479[/snapback]

Not bitter. Just wondering how my snot-nosed kid brother already took home some hardware.

Looks like Im going to have to post more in the IDP Forum, and not take a self imposed yr off the college forum.    :D

1365642[/snapback]

You don't strike me as the type of guy that cares about these popularity contests...I guess I'm wrong. :D

Since this was sitting out there waiting to be completed and I already know how to do this sort of thing pretty quickly, I went ahead and totaled them all up (Excel being a beautiful thing and all).

1365053[/snapback]

Thanks DMD for finishing this up. Wish I'd had time to post this weekend before I saw this since I already had it all done but the counting. :doah: Excel certainly is a cool thing. :D But it seems you must have a better knowledge of it than I do to get it finished so quickly. Either that or you took advantage of it being the offseason. :oldrazz: This is the 2nd year in a row someone has to come to my rescue to finish this thing up, albiet for totally different reasons (last year it was because of the network Nazi's). I hope next year I won't have any new reasons for not being able to finish it. :D

Huddle Medal of Honor: The Band of Huddlers: SteelBunz (leader), NSab, SuperBalla, keggerz, Atlanta Cracker, tbimm, Cordo, Hitman, SuperBalla, Big John.

1365053[/snapback]

:D Can't forget alchico as well...

It's something I can never forget, something I can see myself telling my Grandchildren when they ask me what it was like after Katrina. You all have a special place in my heart.