[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

edge to the cards

kevin4192

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

see link ...Arizona as a team last year rushed for 1138 yards with no viable running backs at all ...i see no reson to believe that Edge can not crack 1500 based on his skills and based on fact Cards have alot of balance with their passing game and 2 stud WR's

Cards stats

1365204[/snapback]

Correction - Arizona only had 885 yards rushing by running backs - absolute worst in the NFL by 265 yards (NYJ had 1150). Those other yards were by either wideouts on end arounds (AB and LF had 86 yards) and McCown ran for 139 yards trying not to get killed. While you would think that all that passing would allow for some nice long runs, ARZ ranked dead last in the NFL with a 2.9 YPC by RBs. Dead last.

They also ranked dead last in rushing TDs with only two. The reason they had an NFL record year by their kicker is because LF or AB would catch a long pass and then the O-line had zero chance of clearing holes to punch it in.

Edgerrin's biggest saving grace here - and admittedly it could be significant - is that he could have a lot of catches. He started his career out with 586 yds - 4 TD and 594 yds - 5 TD before he blew his knee the first time. He has been deadly in the passing game before though less so after his knee injury of 2001.

ARZ tied for 3rd last year in the NFL with 131 passes thrown to tailbacks.

There will be a flood of smart owners trading Edge this week..and a flood of bad owners trading for him.

1365223[/snapback]

I will be at neither end of these transactions. I wish I had him to trade away though.

Correction - Arizona only had 885 yards rushing by running backs - absolute worst in the NFL by 265 yards (NYJ had 1150). Those other yards were by either wideouts on end arounds (AB and LF had 86 yards) and McCown ran for 139 yards trying not to get killed. While you would think that all that passing would allow for some nice long runs, ARZ ranked dead last in the NFL with a 2.9 YPC by RBs. Dead last.

They also ranked dead last in rushing TDs with only two. The reason they had an NFL record year by their kicker is because LF or AB would catch a long pass and then the O-line had zero chance of clearing holes to punch it in.

Edgerrin's biggest saving grace here - and admittedly it could be significant - is that he could have a lot of catches. He started his career out with 586 yds - 4 TD and 594 yds - 5 TD before he blew his knee the first time. He has been deadly in the passing game before though less so after his knee injury of 2001.

ARZ tied for 3rd last year in the NFL with 131 passes thrown to tailbacks.

1365225[/snapback]

Good Pt and correction ...even at 885 yards I think Edge can improve those #'s by at least 400 + yards ...certainly not the numbers he had at Indy but i thinbk better than many believe is possible

1999 draft

1 Cleveland Tim Couch QB Kentucky

2 Philadelphia Donovan McNabb QB Syracuse

3 Cincinnati Akili Smith QB Oregon

4 Indianapolis Edgerrin James RB Miami

5 New Orleans Ricky Williams RB Texas

6 St. Louis Torry Holt WR North Carolina State

Not bad.

I disagree.  Where last year the Cardinals had no running game, opposing defenses could concentrate their efforts elsewhere.  Now with a proven threat out of the backfield, defenses will have to be a lot more cautious allowing for more offensive opportunities to arise.  I think this raises everyone's fantasy value.

I have to admit that even though I hated Denny Green's play calling, I always thought that he was the most talented and most overpaid talent scout in the NFL.

1365184[/snapback]

I agree with this.Let's not forget who was in the backfield when Peyton broke the season record for touchdown passes.Arizona's O-line was,as we all know,horrible last year.Until they make some improvements there,Boldin and Fitz will be continue to be Hugh.

In one of my keeper leagues I traded Edge last week for the overall 1st pick in our draft. 

I  must pat myself on the back. :D

1365237[/snapback]

I don't think Edge is a total bust....I think about 1100 yards rushing..400 yards recieving and 8 TD's can be expected. that is not bad, and despite what I said he will still be a deserving 1st round pick(although I won't take him that high).

I don't think Edge is a total bust....I think about 1100 yards rushing..400 yards recieving and 8 TD's can be expected. that is not bad, and despite what I said he will still be a deserving 1st round pick(although I won't take him that high).

1365254[/snapback]

With his talent, I still belive he is definitely worth a 1st round pick.....he can make things happen, either running or receiving. I expect a BIG year receiving from the Edge....

With his talent, I still belive he is definitely worth a 1st round pick.....he can make things happen, either running or receiving.  I expect a BIG year receiving from the Edge....

1365260[/snapback]

I agree that Edge could have a big year recieving, in fact, it may end up being his only use.

yes but JJ proved to be nothing special ...nothing special at all ..i know he was a rookie ( but so was Cadillac and Cedric Benson last year amd they did a whole lot more ) ...throw in fact a stud like Edge is available and i think you have to sign him if you are unde the Cap which is what cards were

That is a true statement.  If they get Vernon Davis its over.  Playoff bound Cards.  That D they got aint that bad either.

1365191[/snapback]

Yeah, most mocks had them taking LenDale White. As I projected, though (and wished I could have drafted in our mock), I think they'll go with Davis. This could be a ridiculous offense in a year or 2.

I do not understand this signing.  Don't they already have one JJ Arrington?

1365276[/snapback]

:D

yes but JJ proved to be nothing special ...nothing special at all ..i know he was a rookie ( but so was Cadillac and Cedric Benson last year amd they did a whole lot more ) ...throw in fact a stud like Edge is available and i think you have to sign him if you are unde the Cap which is what cards were

1365280[/snapback]

I don't disagree with this signing.That being said,Barry Sanders would not have done well with that line last year

I don't disagree with this signing.That being said,Barry Sanders would not have done well with that line last year

1365289[/snapback]

saw a special on Espn this morning regarding Barry ...i forgot just how good he was and just how soon he walked away from the game :D

I realize that Vernon Davis is a "special athlete" ... but, I would imagine that w/ Bolding and Fitzgerald, and now Edge, available to catch passes ... and given the status of their OL, that they'd be well served to get someone impressive for the line.

Heck, if they'd be able to trade some of their mid/late round picks for OL guys from other teams, that may be their best bet to add a few talented guys for their offensive line who have a bit of a NFL track-record.

So, unless they are going to bring in Hutchinson (SEA), they need to trade two or three of their picks from round 3 to round 7 for veteran offensive linemen ... and maybe still use their first and/or second round picks on linemen, too.

TE is simply not as much of a difference maker as line. Even though Vernon Davis could be a big-time impact player.

Edited by muck