[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

edge to the cards

kevin4192

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

It sucks, but we all saw this coming a mile away.  Hopefully the Colts will get luck in the draft.

Glad I don't own Edge in any keeper leagues, because his fantasy value is going to take a big hit this year.

1365944[/snapback]

As the lovely linemen in AZ practice Cirque di OLE

Well there goes Edge's value......

1365170[/snapback]

Well, that drops him to a late 2nd early 3rd round fantasy pick if this is in fact true.

1365171[/snapback]

If they don't fix up that line soon, he will be lucky to crack 1000

1365192[/snapback]

There will be a flood of smart owners trading Edge this week..and a flood of bad owners trading for him.

1365223[/snapback]

I agree that Edge could have a big year recieving, in fact, it may end up being his only use.

1365266[/snapback]

Yeah, but what is the highest pick you would take him with?  I bet you won't use a 4 or a 5 on him anymore.

1365278[/snapback]

he's going to get killed. IMO, AZ is wasting their money on Edge.

1365308[/snapback]

first off i cant believe im defending the fricken cardinals...

ok lets start this by saying all fantasy stats come form the 32 more homers league (standard 6pnt rush/recieve td's and .1 per rush/recieve yrd...and no PPR)

long story short Edge finished as your 5th ranked RB with 267.3 points, 22.6 points above 6th and 38.7 points below 4th.

As most of you know Indy basically through the last two games...which edge had a total of 5.5 points in...take away those two games and you have 261.8 for his 14 game total. That gives you a per game average of 18.7 ppgn and when you multiply that by 16 you get a sence for what his true point total was last year...299.2ppg.

299.2 is what ill use to show you how aweful edges 2006 season will be. first the general consensus is that edge's recieving stats will go up in the move to the Sun Valley, I agree and wont change his 2005 number for recieving yards/td.

the second almost overall consensus (ok so there is only 4 of you) is that edge is gonna take a big hit fanatsy wise, dropping in drafts and getting dealt for a pair of ryan leafs and everyones hip rb sleeper...Ron "i cant believe the giants drafted me before Sean Alexander" Dayne. Due to this hugh setback in edges carrer i will be cutting his rushing yards back by 400 yards...which should bring him to about what everyone expect s from him in AZ...about 1100yrd rushing.

now on to his rushing td totals of 13...seams kind of mixed here on wether it will go up or down...im just gonna knock him down to 10 total.

it all boils down to subtracting 400 rush yards and 3 td's....reasonable to expect in a fantasy rb hell that Az is...(400*.1)+(6*3)....which equals 58 points

subtract that from his adjusted fantasy total of 299.2 and you get 241.2....he droped 1 spot...and he his only 3.5 the guy that passed him.

while this isnt nessecarily a good or accurate projection for his fantasy numbers in arizona...i think it tells you his fantasy "value" wont really be affected.

he would of been the 4th back taken 9 times out of ten...now i can see tiki passing him...but portis,lamant jordan, rudi johnson, and thomas jones? ( the only other RB's that broke the 200 point mark.

i see him drop 1, maybe and a biiiiig maybe 2 spots this year in drafts...not really all that big, which is why some these comments flat out amaze me

I think it has to affect them.

Consider that last year Boldin (12) and Fitzgerald (8) were tied for #1 and #2 in runs by a wideout. That won't likely happen again. ARZ threw the ball 75% of the time last year - that won't happen again. Boldin (188) and Fitzgerald (168) were #1 and #5 in number of total plays by a wideout in the NFL last year - that won't happen again.

Now I will concede - it should make them more EFFECTIVE, but it won't likely make them more PRODUCTIVE. Unless James (who had 360 runs and 52 passes for 412 plays and #3 in the NFL by an RB) is not used as much this year. James is a very good pass catcher as well - Warner had no other option last year really.

1365203[/snapback]

I concur.

And its fine by me. I'm sure a few people will draft these guys a lil too early, leaving better options for me.

Here is what I think about this signing......

Why sign with the AZ Cardinals when it would have been just as easy to have retired?

This is one guy I will most definitely stay away from. You have to have at least some semblance of a halfway decent O-line and AZ hasn't had a nodding aquaintance with even a marginal O-line in quite awhile. Not to mention that it seems that every RB that plays for AZ ends up injured during the season.

My way of thinking.... waste of a pick in any kind of draft.

James had other tentative visits planned, Rosenhaus said, "But this was the first stop and the last stop because it was the best stop."

:D

That Drew Rosenhaus sure knows how to manage his athletes...

1366507[/snapback]

"Edgerrin James...never heard of him". :D

first off i cant believe im defending the fricken cardinals...

ok lets start this by saying all fantasy stats come form the 32 more homers league (standard 6pnt rush/recieve td's and .1 per rush/recieve yrd...and no PPR)...

i see him drop 1, maybe and a biiiiig maybe 2 spots this year in drafts...not really all that big, which is why some these comments flat out amaze me

1366078[/snapback]

You can't use Edge's stats from last year to predict what he'll do in Arizona this year. Those are two COMPLETELY different situations. The Cardinals were DEAD-LAST in most rushing categories in '05. That includes 1138 total yds, 3.16 yds/carry, and TWO rushing TDs. Ten rushing TDs this year? Wow, that's being VERY optimistic. Granted, Edge is more talented than Arrington and Shipp, but they're not THAT bad. Even with a prolific passing game to keep defenses honest, ARI's O-line just flat-out sucks. I don't think that Jim Brown in his prime could rush for 10 TDs in Arizona. 1,100 rushing sounds about right, though. His receiving numbers may go up, but keep in mind that Shipp and Arrington only had 35 and 25 receptions last year, respectively. In other words, backs don't play a big role in Denny's passing game.

Edge will certainly be over-valued in most drafts this year. I figure that he'll typically go late in the first rounds. I wouldn't take him until maybe the mid-second and would put him beind LT, SA, LJ, Rudi, Dom, and Portis for sure (and possibly others). Like last year, I don't see '06 as being a good year for fantasy RBs.

while this isnt  nessecarily a good or accurate projection for his fantasy numbers in arizona...i think it tells you his fantasy "value" wont really be affected.

1366078[/snapback]

Granted, Edge is more talented than Arrington and Shipp, but they're not THAT bad.

so you'd take them as your 1-2 rb punch...this sky is falling mentality over edge to the cardinals....i think alot of people will be kicking themselves mid season for passing on edge. hope he drops though...all the better for me

so you'd take them as your 1-2 rb punch...this sky is falling mentality over edge to the cardinals....i think alot of people will be kicking themselves mid season for passing on edge. hope he drops though...all the better for me

1366941[/snapback]

No, I wouldn't take Shipp and Arrington "as my 1-2 rb punch." I don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Edge needs an offensive line to be productive. Arizona's was absolutely wretched last year and they've done nothing to improve thus far. I figure that Edge will probably put up 1,100 yds rushing yds with maybe 400 receiving yards and 6 or 7 TDs this year. If you want to waste a first-round pick on that kind of production, be my guest.