[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brees using Saints

Sgt. Ryan

You Miami fans don't even know what you've got... watch Cleo Lemon in training camp. Theres a good chance you'll sh*t your pants in joy. Saban did his homework big time there when you guys a$$raped the Chargers (just ask Marty Schottenheimer) to get him. The answer may already be on your roster.

1367967[/snapback]

Don't forget about Brock Berlin. :D

If Saban likes what he hears from the doctors that looked at Brees yesterday Brees will be a Doplhin today.

You Miami fans don't even know what you've got... watch Cleo Lemon in training camp. I'm already sure your eyes will be glued to the QB position. Theres a good chance you'll sh*t your pants in joy. Saban did his homework big time there when you guys a$$raped the Chargers (just ask Marty Schottenheimer) to get him. The answer may already be on your roster.

Certainly beter than a reheated leftover turd like Patrick Ramsey.

1367967[/snapback]

I was wondering what happen to him. He is a special talent. He just need some seasoning. But people these day are just scared to give people a shot. Kinda like McPhearson. He may be raw. But my gut tells me in 2-3 yrs when he is else where and 25 get a shot. They will be shucksting bricks because they have the answer on the roster. Talent is talent. You ease him in games here and there. But like I said 2 maybe yr 3 this guy (Mcphearson and Lemon) wil be special if given a shot. Do you know anyone that can through 70 yrds flat footed. With accuracy?

Let me tell you a story...

A couple of years back in preseason I was looking at box scores of a Chargers game and I see these unbelievable numbers for some nobody QB named Cleo Lemon. Now, the Chargers at this time Brees, Flutie, and Rivers so I don't pay any mind to it.

The next week I'm doing the same thing, f*cking around, looking at stats and what do you know... there's Cleo Lemon on fire lighting up (the 49ers?) in the preseason ... again. So I'm intrigued and learn more about this kid. Undrafted. Spent the year before on the Chargers practice squad. Lots of all-time college records at Arkansas State but the team record there totally sucked.

Final cuts come down and what does Marty Scottenheimer do? ... he carried 4 QBs. Cleo Lemon made the Chargers (a team with Brees, Rivers, and Flutie) as a 4th string QB. Marty refused to cut him. Nobody carries four QBs. It's not done. But the 2004 Chargers did. And I would think that speaks volumes.

So then last year, Flutie is gone. The Pats needed an old QB who can dropkick field goals or something like that. Anyways Lemon is now #3 after another fine preseason, but going nowhere on the SD depth charts what with Brees' rebirth and Rivers still around.

Then it happened ... Miami sends AJ Feely and a 6th rounder to SD to get this undrafted kid nobodys ever heard of. San Diego gets a guy with starting experience and a draft pick for somebody they never even drafted. Marty Schottenheimer's reaction to this was to get p*ssed at AJ Smith for pulling the trigger. So now here's this kid in Miami, a place -more than any other- that could really use a QB.

I... let's just say I discreetly picked the kid up - so I admit I do have a rooting interest here- and I'm crossing my fingers that lightning strikes three years in a row for this kid.

Edited by Voltaire

A couple of years back in preseason I was looking at box scores of a Chargers game and I see these unbelievable numbers for some nobody QB named Cleo Lemon. Now, the Chargers at this time Brees, Flutie, and Rivers so I don't pay any mind to it.

The next week I'm doing the same thing, f*cking around, looking at stats and what do you know... there's Cleo Lemon on fire lighting up (the 49ers?) in the preseason ... again. So I'm intrigued and learn more about this kid. Undrafted. Spent the year before on the Chargers practice squad. Lots of all-time college records at Akansas State but the team record there totally sucked.

Final cuts come down and what does Marty Scottenheimer do? ... he carried 4 QBs. Cleo Lemon made the Chargers (a team with Brees, Rivers, and Flutie) as a 4th string QB. Marty refused to cut him. Nobody carries four QBs. It's not done. But the Chargers did. And that told me all I needed to know.

So then last year, Flutie is gone. The Pats needed an old QB who can dropkick field goals or something like that. Anyways Lemon is now #3, another fine preseason, but going nowhere on the SD depth charts with Brees' rebirth and Rivers still around.

Then it happened ... Miami sends AJ Feely and a 6th rounder to SD to get this undrafted kid nobodys heard. San Diego gets a guy with starting experience and a draft pick for somebody they didn't even draft. And Schottenheimer's reaction was to get p*ssed at AJ Smith for pulling the trigger. So now here's this kid in Miami a place that ost would admit really could use a QB since there's nobody special on the team.

I... let's just say I discreetly picked the kid up - so I admit I do have a rooting interest here- and I'm crossing my fingers that lightning strikes three years in a row for this kid.

1368064[/snapback]

Good post.:D

... I'm glad Miami is not gonna cave in and over pay this guy.

Guess it depends on what one considers overpaying. I think the Saints offer is reasonable considering [a] our cap situation what it would cost to sign Leinart and [c] opening up options with the #2 pick by signing Brees.

There are as many unknowns with Brees' shoulder as there are in regards to how good Leinart may or may not end up being, so that's a wash. And if the shoulder is fine, you don't have the growing pains of playing a rookie QB.

Bottom line is, the Saints are in a good position no matter what happens. They either sign Brees and use the #2 (or trade it) for Ferguson, Hawk, or Williams; they don't sign Brees and draft Leinart at #2; or they don't sign Brees and if someone trades up to #1 and grabs Leinart, we draft Reggie Bush. I see no terrible downside to any of these options.

The next week I'm doing the same thing, f*cking around, looking at stats and what do you know... there's Cleo Lemon on fire lighting up (the 49ers?) in the preseason ... again. So I'm intrigued and learn more about this kid. Undrafted. Spent the year before on the Chargers practice squad. Lots of all-time college records at Arkansas State but the team record there totally sucked.

Final cuts come down and what does Marty Scottenheimer do? ... he carried 4 QBs. Cleo Lemon made the Chargers (a team with Brees, Rivers, and Flutie) as a 4th string QB. Marty refused to cut him. Nobody carries four QBs. It's not done. But the 2004 Chargers did. And I would think that speaks volumes.

So then last year, Flutie is gone. The Pats needed an old QB who can dropkick field goals or something like that. Anyways Lemon is now #3 after another fine preseason, but going nowhere on the SD depth charts what with Brees' rebirth and Rivers still around.

Then it happened ... Miami sends AJ Feely and a 6th rounder to SD to get this undrafted kid nobodys ever heard of. San Diego gets a guy with starting experience and a draft pick for somebody they never even drafted. Marty Schottenheimer's reaction to this was to get p*ssed at AJ Smith for pulling the trigger. So now here's this kid in Miami, a place -more than any other- that could really use a QB.

1368064[/snapback]

See that is what real fantasy people do. Look for the unknown and make it a known. He just got to find a place that will give him a chance. Personally Miami should give the kid a shot. But I dont know if they will.

1368064[/snapback]

Nice analysis of Lemon. I've always liked him too, but he could never break through with the Bolts. He might be a real find for the Fins.