[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams sign LB Witherspoon

Avernus

Any way Ngata slips to them at 11?  Probably not... :D

1365627[/snapback]

Its possible, but like you said, probably not. But then again, I dont get why teams take big bodies at DT high in the draft. Who is the last one to really be a force, Warren Sapp. Robertson, the kid in Houston last yr, Pickett and Damione Lewis in St Louis have all been average at best. Just seems like you can find a big body later in the draft.

Id spend my 1st rounders on OL, QB, RB, or on defense - DE, LB, DC. WRs, TEs, S, and DTs can easily be found later.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Its possible,  but like you said, probably not.  But then again, I dont get why teams take big bodies at DT high in the draft.  Who is the last one to really be a force,  Warren Sapp.  Robertson, the kid in Houston last yr, Pickett and Damione Lewis in St Louis have all been average at best.  Just seems like you can find a big body later in the draft.

Id spend my 1st rounders on OL, QB, RB, or on defense  - DE, LB, DC.  WRs, TEs, S, and DTs can easily be found later.

1365632[/snapback]

the draft is deep at DT...they are better off going after someone on the OL for once....

Rams | Team intends for Witherspoon to play middle linebacker

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:52:15 -0800

Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports the St. Louis Rams plan to have LB Will Witherspoon play middle linebacker. Witherspoon has played the middle before with the Carolina Panthers due to injury situations with Panthers LB Dan Morgan.

this should bump Witherspoon up the IDP rankings...

I will certainly miss Witherspoon in Carolina, but I must give credit to the Panther's front office for not overpaying for him and continue to work the cap for long-term success. Just like last year when we lost Moose after his huge year and he signed with the Bears for a big $$$ deal, Spoon was a hot commodity and was going to get a big deal from someone.

I like the first two signings in Kemoeatu and Hartwig. With Rucker, Kemoeatu, Jenkins and Peppers, our DL will be a force to reckon with. Branch should be able to replace McCree at S and either T. Davis or a rookie LB will fill the vacated spot left from losing Spoon.

Hope that Spoon continues to do well and I think the Rams will be very happy to have him, despite they probably overpaid for him.