[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

apparently the Eagles signed Darren Howard..

Avernus

Yay, a half assed DE. how exciting.

Edited by NSab

more news

Eagles | Team discussing re-signing Runyan

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:02:04 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are still discussing the idea of re-signing free agent OT Jon Runyan (Eagles). Runyan is going to be on vacation until Saturday, March 18, and said he did not have any visits scheduled with other NFL teams.

Eagles | Team reportedly agrees to terms with Howard

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:01:34 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports a source said the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to the terms of a six-year contract with free agent DE Darren Howard (Saints). No financial terms were disclosed. Gary Wichard, the agent for Howard, would not confirm the agreement but said he was working on a deal with the team.

more news

Eagles | Team discussing re-signing Runyan

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:02:04 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are still discussing the idea of re-signing free agent OT Jon Runyan (Eagles). Runyan is going to be on vacation until Saturday, March 18, and said he did not have any visits scheduled with other NFL teams.

Eagles | Team reportedly agrees to terms with Howard

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:01:34 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports a source said the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to the terms of a six-year contract with free agent DE Darren Howard (Saints). No financial terms were disclosed. Gary Wichard, the agent for Howard, would not confirm the agreement but said he was working on a deal with the team.

1366036[/snapback]

Would be a good signing. He's a good player.

I'm under the opinion Howard was sandbagging last year so the Saints would be sure to let him go. He hasn't wanted to play for us the past two seasons so I'd be pretty happy to get him if I were an Iggles fan.

I'm under the opinion Howard was sandbagging last year so the Saints would be sure to let him go. He hasn't wanted to play for us the past two seasons so I'd be pretty happy to get him if I were an Iggles fan.

1366238[/snapback]

especially last year with how the NFL handled the Katrina situation...

1366303[/snapback]

I think Howard was ready to leave when Will Smith came on board. Katrina probably only made him want to leave more, but he was gone this year regardless.

1366303[/snapback]

Yeah, gotta love that kind of character in a person. "Hmm, I'm making multi-millions but poor me, I have to live in a hotel in San Antonio for this football season. Hmmm, my teammates are still busting butt trying to win games, but I'll just be a slacker". Quality guy, good riddance.

Yeah, gotta love that kind of character in a person.  "Hmm, I'm making multi-millions but poor me, I have to live in a hotel in San Antonio for this football season.  Hmmm, my teammates are still busting butt trying to win games, but I'll just be a slacker".  Quality guy, good riddance.

1366615[/snapback]

the whole team gave up...especially Brooks who is the leader of the team by default...

the only player I'd say that didn't give up was Horn...but he was hurt most of the time...

Howard and Bentley were hurt last year, no?...I'm not sure..

the whole team gave up...

1366903[/snapback]

B.S. Far from it. Did you watch every Saints game last year ? Unlikely, and if you didn't, you're just talking out of your azz.

the whole team gave up...

1366903[/snapback]

Apologies for my post calling you out, that was uncalled for. Rather than that, let me offer the following, and you tell me if it sounds like a team that gave up:

week 11 at NE: lost 24-17, had the ball at NE 22 with 0:16 seconds left. Three shots at the end zone but couldn't score.

week 12 at NYJ: won 21-19

week 13: vs TB at BR: lost 10-3, had ball at TB 25 with 1:30 left, but Brooks threw INT.

week 14: at Atl: down 21-17 at half, but the offense did nothing in the second half, lost 36-17.

week 15: vs Car at BR: lost 27-10, Panthers defense controlled the game (Bouman's first start - 4 INTs).

week 16: vs Det at SA: lost 13-12 on Lions FG as time expired.

week 17: at TB: lost 27-13. Down 7 with 2:00 remaining and ball at midfield before Bouman lost a fumble while being sacked, returned for TD.