[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Fins will have a QB within 24 hours

kpholmes

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban is still contemplating a trade with the Minnesota Vikings for QB Daunte Culpepper. The Vikings aren't as adamant about asking for a second-round draft choice that could upgrade to a No. 1, but they want a second-round draft pick. One problem is the Vikings won't let Culpepper have a doctor's visit with the Dolphins, only allowing him to talk on the phone with Miami. In the next 24 hours, the Dolphins quarterback will be either Culpepper or free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers).

also

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers) reportedly is seeking a contract that will pay him $10 million per year and he is firm in those demands. The New Orleans Saints are the closest to meeting Brees' demands. The Miami Dolphins aren't offering as much in guarantees as New Orleans, and they seem to have dug in on not doing that with Brees coming off shoulder surgery.

These "Within 24 hour" statements are losing their credability however...

Lets see how it plays out...

Edited by DMD

(KFFL) John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban is still contemplating a trade with the Minnesota Vikings for QB Daunte Culpepper. The Vikings aren't as adamant about asking for a second-round draft choice that could upgrade to a No. 1, but they want a second-round draft pick. One problem is the Vikings won't let Culpepper have a doctor's visit with the Dolphins, only allowing him to talk on the phone with Miami. In the next 24 hours, the Dolphins quarterback will be either Culpepper or free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers).

also

(KFFL) John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers) reportedly is seeking a contract that will pay him $10 million per year and he is firm in those demands. The New Orleans Saints are the closest to meeting Brees' demands. The Miami Dolphins aren't offering as much in guarantees as New Orleans, and they seem to have dug in on not doing that with Brees coming off shoulder surgery.

These "Within 24 hour" statements are losing their credability however...

Lets see how it plays out...

1365792[/snapback]

Incredible that he would be firm in demanding $10 million a year when his surgically repaired shoulder is a factor!

No health exam?  What are they hiding?

1365793[/snapback]

Exactly. Either the knee problem is much worse than we think, or Vikings are just so mad at Cpep they are only letting him do the bare minimum to get a trade.

I think its a bit of both.

Looks to me like Culpepper is out to end his own career.

1365809[/snapback]

It's not Cpepp demanding that money, but Brees. I just don't understand how he thinks he can do that? At least Cpepp has been at the level of Peyton for 2 seasons, Brees has never played at that level. He's a great QB, but come on!

It's not Cpepp demanding that money, but Brees. I just don't understand how he thinks he can do that? At least Cpepp has been at the level of Peyton for 2 seasons, Brees has never played at that level. He's a great QB, but come on!

1365810[/snapback]

Wow, then Brees is trying to end his own career. he will never get that much money. what is up with these hurt QB's this year?

I find it funny how you are not hearing more teams looking at Kitna. he would come as a bargain compared to the money he will be looking for.

1365815[/snapback]

That's what we Raider fans are hoping for. Nobody but us to pick him up. Unless OAK is actively pursuing Cpepp or planning on picking one of the 2 young guns, I would love to see them snag Kitna.

That's what we Raider fans are hoping for. Nobody but us to pick him up. Unless OAK is actively pursuing Cpepp or planning on picking one of the 2 young guns, I would love to see them snag Kitna.

1365825[/snapback]

I would love Kitna too, mainly because we could get him a lot cheaper than these schmucks.

Don't get me wrong, having Daunte on the roster would be sweet, but that means less money for defense, and no Raider fan wants that. :D

I would love Kitna too, mainly because we could get him a lot cheaper than these schmucks.

Don't get me wrong, having Daunte on the roster would be sweet, but that means less money for defense, and no Raider fan wants that.  :D

1365833[/snapback]

This could actually be the first time you and I agree on the Raider QB sitch. Back and forth with the Collins thing, but on the same page about Kitna. Must say something!

1365825[/snapback]

It would be a excellent move for you guys IMO. Kitna has quite a few things that you guys can use.

1. As we both agree he would be a Bargain.

2. He is experienced

3.He does not cause headaches for his coaches(as he showed after having a great year in Cincy and then being benched)

4.He has played under bad circumstances and has shown he can stay healthy.

5.He has played under bad circumstances and held his own as a QB IMO(I feel he will be playing in similar circumstances as he did in Seattle so this is a big 1 to me)

It would be a excellent move for you guys IMO. Kitna has quite a few things that you guys can use.

2. He is experienced

3.He does not cause headaches for his coaches(as he showed after having a great year in Cincy and then being benched)

5.He has played under bad circumstances and held his own as a QB IMO(I feel he will be playing in similar circumstances as he did in Seattle so this is a big 1 to me)

1365843[/snapback]

:D

The price of Aaron Brooks with out the headache, and an overall better QB.

2. He is experienced

1365843[/snapback]

Here's the problem though. I don't think Jon Kitna fits the style offense that Al Davis wants. And hate it or love it, Davis loves to have a QB who can sling that ball down field. And a guy like Cpepp fits the bill. Does Kitna? I'm not 100% sure there.

Here's the problem though. I don't think Jon Kitna fits the style offense that Al Davis wants. And hate it or love it, Davis loves to have a QB who can sling that ball down field. And a guy like Cpepp fits the bill. Does Kitna? I'm not 100% sure there.

1365850[/snapback]

Yup out of 1667 completed passes, only 31 were for 40+ yards. Not too great in the eyes of Big Al.

1365850[/snapback]

He cannot sling the ball down the field like Culpepper, but he can throw on the run as good or better then Culpepper.

Not to mention he has played in a number of different types off offenses and IMO will be able to adapt alot better than Culpepper.

Look at all the fumbles Culpepper has had in his career, and that was behind a good line and QB friendly schemes. imagine how much he will fumble when he gets behind Oaklands line.

Imagine how much he will fumble when he gets behind Oaklands line.

1365867[/snapback]

Don't be bagging on Oakland's line. They have had problems, but are young, and getting much better. I would take them over the Vikings line last year. Or the Lions. :D

Don't be bagging on Oakland's line. They have had problems, but are young, and getting much better. I would take them over the Vikings line last year. Or the Lions.  :D

1365874[/snapback]

Looks like the difference between us is 1 of us knows our line is bad and the other of us does not. :D

Yup out of 1667 completed passes, only 31 were for 40+ yards. Not too great in the eyes of Big Al.

1365861[/snapback]

Well I don't know if that's sarcasm or not...

But food for thought there

Cpepps numbers

Of 1678 passes completed, 57 were for 40+ yards, and 258 for 20+ yards.

Where as Kitna's numbers

Of 1667 completed passes only 31 were for 40+ yards, and 182 for 20+ yards.

I'm not saying I don't want Kitna, just being realistic considering the owner of our team...

Well I don't know if that's sarcasm or not...

But food for thought there

Cpepps numbers

Of 1678 passes completed, 57 were for 40+ yards, and 258 for 20+ yards.

Where as Kitna's numbers

Of 1667 completed passes only 31 were for 40+ yards, and 182 for 20+ yards.

I'm not saying I don't want Kitna, just being realistic considering the owner of our team...

1365882[/snapback]

You got to wonder how many of those long passes Carter and Moss turned into long passes. Kitna never got the chance to have a Moss.

That being said I completely understand your train of thought here.

Can't wait to see what happens. I would love to see Brees signed but not at that cost. I like Cpep but, Brees just a little bit better, but it might be fitting if Cpep finds his way home again in Florida and plays for the Phins.