[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft #2

Outshined

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anybody else surprised that A.J. Hawk went #2? I know he's good and deserves a first round pick, but number 2??? :D

Edited by Chargerz

Is anybody else surprised that A.J. Hawk went #2? I know he's good and deserves a first round pick, but number 2???  :D

1373543[/snapback]

Uhhhh, yes.

Williams or Ferguson if the Saints don't trade down. . .

Uhhhh, yes.

Williams or Ferguson if the Saints don't trade down. . .

1373818[/snapback]

Well I think New Orleans would trade down but we don't have trades here. They have 2 good DE's and don't need a QB. The other high choice would be Ferguson.

Well I think  New Orleans would  trade down but we don't have trades here. They have 2 good DE's and don't need a QB. The other high choice would be Ferguson.

1373867[/snapback]

You can always use more defensive linemen. And Williams would be a huge upgrade over what they have. Plus, they lost their best offensive lineman in free agency. Ferguson would be gigantic boost to their offensive line. I cannot imagine anyone taking Hawk over either of those guys. Perhaps I am wrong.

Edited by CaptainHook

What I mean by want is for them to trade back but still get a LB. I know people are going to complain that it isn't "realistic" but this is not realistic when you can't trade. So I'm not going to go with someone that everyone else thinks would be the better pick at #2 when I don't think they will stay there.

What I mean by want is for them to trade back but still get a LB.  I know people are going to complain that it isn't "realistic" but this is not realistic when you can't trade.  So I'm not going to go with someone that everyone else thinks would be the better pick at #2 when I don't think they will stay there.

1373997[/snapback]

You have to assume no trades, who would they draft...

I think they would go with Ferguson or Williams.

Edit: they might not find a suitor to trade with anyways. Its expensive and there are 3 QB's available...

Edited by Outshined

:D

Ten guy better choose Leinart!

1373673[/snapback]

Don't worry, It is the most logical choice. :D I hope this really happens. If the Jets do make the trade with the Falcon for Shaub, that should assure the Titans that the jets will not try and move up for Lienert. :D

:D

Don't worry, It is the most logical choice. :D I hope this really happens. If the  Jets do make the trade with the Falcon for Shaub, that should assure the Titans that the jets will not try and move up for Lienert. :D

1374066[/snapback]

I think Jets fans would be happy with either Ferguson, Williams or Leinert...

I think Jets fans would be happy with either Ferguson, Williams or Leinert...

1374084[/snapback]

I agree. Still be interesting to see a Schaub deal. Not just the Jets but any team. He deserves a chance..Maybe with the Vikes? :D

Nice pick Fatman, but I don't think GB will be that lucky for real.  NO will screw it up for us somehow and take their 6th DE in the last 8 years. 

And we laugh at Detroit for taking WR's every year....  :D

1374253[/snapback]

Would Green Bay trade up to get Bush or Williams?

Is anybody else surprised that A.J. Hawk went #2? I know he's good and deserves a first round pick, but number 2???  :D

1373543[/snapback]

That's crazy. AJ is a bit overrated IMO. A linebacker shouldn't be taken that high.

Would Green Bay trade up to get Bush or Williams?

1374295[/snapback]

I really doubt it - we only have 5 picks as it is and Thompson believes very strongly in building through the draft (just like his mentor, Ron Wolf). This is a pretty conservative organization (see FA $ spent this year) and I would be absolutely shocked if they traded up. I bet they are looking to trade down first and stay at 5 second. I don't think trading up is an option.

I really doubt it - we only have 5 picks as it is and Thompson believes very strongly in building through the draft (just like his mentor, Ron Wolf).  This is a pretty conservative organization (see FA $ spent this year) and I would be absolutely shocked if they traded up.  I bet they are looking to trade down first and stay at 5 second.  I don't think trading up is an option.

1374682[/snapback]

Unless in trading up New Orleans wants season tickets I agree. Unless it is awfully cheap they won't do it. They have too many needs. They could trade down.