[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TOp 10 RB re-rank

i_am_the_swammi

With James headed to an unproven system in ARZ, I wondered how the RB rankings might shift. If Hutch heads to MINN, then pop Chester Taylor into the Top 20, and move SA to 4/5.

My top Top 20 for the 2006 season, after this past weekend's player movement:

1. LJ

2. LT

3. SA

4. Portis

5. Rudi

6. Barber

7. Caddy

8. Edge....and dropping

9. Jordan

10. Westbrook

11. Ronnie Brown

12. Colts RB TBD...who gets the benefit of running in those TDs now??

13. Dayne(?)...someone from Denver is always good for 1200 yds/10 TDs

14. McGahee

15. D. Davis

16. S. Jackson

17. T. Jones

18. Droughns

19. K. Jones

20. J. Jones

And D. Foster/W. Parker certainly deserve some love, too.

Thoughts?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my impartial opinion you have Steven Jackson and Willis McGahee ranked too low.

1366206[/snapback]

Yeah S Jackson behind Dayne is a mistake and I think Rudi ahead of Tiki is one too unless a dynasty league.

Too much motion around the league to say much right now. The only thing I know is LT, LJ and SA are the top 3 (not necessarily in that order). Those 3 will be debated like Edge and Faulk back in the day. Should be fun.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

1. LT

2. LJ

3. SA

4. Portis

5. Caddie

6. Edge

7. Jordon

8. Ronnie

9. Rudi

10. McGahee

11. Barber

12. S Jackson

13. K Jones

14. Westbrook

15. DeShawn

16. J Lewis

17 Droughns

18. Indy RB

19. Dayne

20. T Jones

21. Willie Parker

22. J Jones

23. Deuce

with zero thought put into it.

Edited by Duchess Jack

in my impartial opinion you have Steven Jackson and Willis McGahee ranked too low.

1366206[/snapback]

I'm not sold at all on McGahee...I'll be glad to let someone else overdraft him on the hopes that he can run behind Losman.

Good call on Jackson though....when I put the list together, I thought he's be a good value where I had him placed.

And if Dayne/Denver RB is there after the 15th RB is taken, I'd be glad to plug him into my line-up.

what about Chsester taylor?  Childress said he plans to ge the guy the ball 20-30 times/game.  they play detroit and gb 4 times.

i'd put him somewhere in the 15-20 range

1366278[/snapback]

I'd put him in the 11-15 range, honestly...

I'd put him in the 11-15 range, honestly...

1366289[/snapback]

If they can snag Hutch, I'd move him into the Top 20...but at this point, having never carried a full-load for 16 games, I can't see him being ranked higher than other RBs who have proven durability playing for teams with a proven rushing attack. He may end up being a Top 15-20 RB, but won't be ranked there going into the season unless the OL is upgraded somewhat.

And just what QB is going to present enough of a threat to take the heat off the rushing attack? Even though they won some games with Brad Johnson last year, I beleive I remember it was the defense that kept them competitive, outscoring their own offense for a stretch.

Too many ???? to warrant a Top 20 ranking at this point.

If they can snag Hutch, I'd move him into the Top 20...but at this point, having never carried a full-load for 16 games, I can't see him being ranked higher than other RBs who have proven durability playing for teams with a proven rushing attack.  He may end up being a Top 15-20 RB, but won't be ranked there going into the season unless the OL is upgraded somewhat.

And just what QB is going to present enough of a threat to take the heat off the rushing attack? Even though they won some games with Brad Johnson last year, I beleive I remember it was the defense that kept them competitive, outscoring their own offense for a stretch.

1366302[/snapback]

I am assuming Hutch is a Viking...and I'm taking these things into consideration...

1. I would handcuff either Moore or Smith with him

2. he's being guaranteed 20-30 carries

3. he'll be used in the passing attack (1 pt per rec.)

4. he has Hutch to run behind, besides a very good OL that was manhandled by injuries last year.

5. his mileage is low, and I always consider that when taking an unproven RB who has made plays before....especially since.......

6. he plays in a dome 8 times this season and plays the packers/lions 4 times total...

The top three is a given (LT, LJ and Shaun) it's just a matter of preference on who you would take first.

The original post had a comment that Chester Taylor should be "plopped" into the top 20, yet in his list of the top 20 he wasn't there.... huh???

IMO, I still think Edge is as solid a pick as any other back generally being considered from 4 to 7. I saw someone post something about running in all of those TD's, and from what I have seen over the past two years, Edge was only getting one maybe two catches to get the ball in from inside the 10 yard line. Rhodes and Mungro would get just as many looks. Not to mention Dallas Clark and the other TE they had back in 2004 (sorry forgot his name).

So my next 7 RB's rounding out my top 10 would be:

James - Cadillac - Portis - Rudi - Jordan - Tiki - S Jackson

The other ten backs, we can all throw into a hat and shake them out in any particular order with a fair probablility that they'll be somewhat close.

However, I am pretty high on Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor, and McGahee right now.

The original post had a comment that Chester Taylor should be "plopped" into the top 20, yet in his list of the top 20 he wasn't there.... huh???

1366364[/snapback]

I caveated my point by stating "IF they sign Hutch, he moves into the Top 20..." And since Hutch is not a done-deal, he stays on my periphery.

The Colts gave Edge more looks inside the 10 yd line this past year than any other, due in large part (I feel) to keep the pressure off Manning...this made the Colts even more of a threat since opposing teams were kept guessing. Just because they changed RBs, I doubt that philosophy changes much.

FFwise, this is the way I see it at the end of the 2006 season. Early days.

1. CWillaims

2. LJohnson

3. LTomlinson

4. Portis

5. RBrown

6. Alexander

7. R Johnson

8. McAllister

9. WParker

10. Barber

11. CMartin

12. Droughns

13. JJones

14. Westbrook

15. DFoster

16. SJackson

17 Droughns

18. EJames

19. CTaylor

20. T Jones

Is McAllister totally out of the picture?

1366374[/snapback]

A lot of folks seem to be dismissing that guy. The dreaded ACL injury.... At least in keeper leagues, I'd have him in the top 20 still.

FFwise, this is the way I see it at the end of the 2006 season. Early days.

1. CWillaims

2. LJohnson

3. LTomlinson

4. Portis

5. RBrown

6. Alexander

7. R Johnson

8. McAllister

9. WParker

10. Barber

1366470[/snapback]

Caddy Williams #1???? I guess I feel pretty good about that in my keeper league. :D

If they can snag Hutch, I'd move him into the Top 20...but at this point, having never carried a full-load for 16 games, I can't see him being ranked higher than other RBs who have proven durability playing for teams with a proven rushing attack.  He may end up being a Top 15-20 RB, but won't be ranked there going into the season unless the OL is upgraded somewhat.

1366302[/snapback]

i agree. seems like a leap of faith at this point with all the ???. not saying he can't be top 20, but i wouldn't take him there right now.

Caddy Williams #1????  I guess I feel pretty good about that in my keeper league.  :D

1366513[/snapback]

Yeah, well I have him and LJ in my keeper :D

i agree. seems like a leap of faith at this point with all the ???. not saying he can't be top 20, but i wouldn't take him there right now.

1366528[/snapback]

me too...let someone else overpay for him, based on the hype and excitement.

Not on my list were Dunn, Dillon, Gado, M. Anderson.....all of whom I might take ahead of Chester Taylor for the 2006 season, at this point. :D