[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TOp 10 RB re-rank

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not your parents Cardinals....they are putting together a nice looking sqad.....O-line still needs help.....Edge is a STUD!!

:D

1368578[/snapback]

if the Card's had an at least decent OL...Edge would be around the 5th spot IMO..

If last year was a bad one for fantasy RBs, this one looks even worse: Edge is going to a team with no O-line, Deuce is coming off of a torn ACL, Jamal Lewis appears to be on the downside of his career, Ahman Green is done, Westbrook and Julius Jones appear to be too injury-prone to be #1 fantasy backs, Detroit's offense is a liability to Kevin Jones' production, etc.

If there was ever a year to draft something other than a RB in the mid/late first round, this may be it.

Edited by Bill Swerski

If last year was a bad one for fantasy RBs, this one looks even worse:  Edge is going to a team with no O-line, Deuce is coming off of a torn ACL, Jamal Lewis appears to be on the downside of his career, Ahman Green is done, Westbrook and Julius Jones appear to be too injury-prone to be #1 fantasy backs, Detroit's offense is a liability to Kevin Jones' production, etc.

If there was ever a year to draft something other than a RB in the mid/late first round, this may be it.

1368593[/snapback]

this is when you see a player like R Brown, C Taylor, a rookie or 2 come out and show some flare...

especially if the Broncos draft a RB and he plays well, he'll be the #1..flat out...and I'd expect the Colts to draft one as well...

you'll hear more new names come out....players that can be had later...

If last year was a bad one for fantasy RBs, this one looks even worse:  Edge is going to a team with no O-line, Deuce is coming off of a torn ACL, Jamal Lewis looks like he may be on the downside of his career, Westbrook and Julius Jones appear to be too injury-prone to be #1 fantasy backs, Detroit's offense is a liability to Kevin Jones' production, etc.

1368593[/snapback]

Good points made here Bill, too many question marks at the RB position this year. It's going to be a crap shoot.

this is when you see a player like R Brown, C Taylor, a rookie or 2 come out and show some flare...

especially if the Broncos draft a RB and he plays well, he'll be the #1..flat out...and I'd expect the Colts to draft one as well...

you'll hear more new names come out....players that can be had later...

1368603[/snapback]

Yep, and I'll be there to snag them up in the 3rd and 4th rounds, rather than wasting a higher pick on an injury-prone player or a has-been.

If last year was a bad one for fantasy RBs, this one looks even worse:  Edge is going to a team with no O-line, Deuce is coming off of a torn ACL, Jamal Lewis appears to be on the downside of his career, Ahman Green is done, Westbrook and Julius Jones appear to be too injury-prone to be #1 fantasy backs, Detroit's offense is a liability to Kevin Jones' production, etc.

1368593[/snapback]

IMO the RB selection this upcoming year(as far as fantasy football goes) will be better than last year.

That being said, I agree with what you said basically.come the mid rounds do you take a chance on a RB or get a stud WR...or even Gates.

Yep, and I'll be there to snag them up in the 3rd and 4th rounds, rather than wasting a higher pick on an injury-prone player or a has-been.

1368614[/snapback]

exactly....players to avoid...ahem...

Edge, JLewis, AGreen, CuMar, Mcgahee, JJ, Dillon, Deuce, CBrown and Barlow...

IMO the RB selection this upcoming year(as far as fantasy football goes) will be better than last year.

That being said, I agree with what you said basically.come the mid rounds do you take a chance on a RB or get  a stud WR...or even Gates.

1368627[/snapback]

well, Gates with Rivers starting now might have a different outlook...

1368627[/snapback]

It could turn out that way. Perhaps it would've been more accurate for me to say that this is definitely a changing-of-the-guard year at the RB position.

Given that their are so few Tier 1 RB's this year, and remembering the way things went last season, do you guys think that there are any QB's or WR's that deserve to be taken in the first round of a Fantasy draft this coming year?

Given that their are so few Tier 1 RB's this year, and remembering the way things went last season, do you guys think that there are any QB's or WR's that deserve to be taken in the first round of a Fantasy draft this coming year?

1368936[/snapback]

NO

never take a QB early NEVER

and I have in the past won a championship taking WR WR in round 1/2 but this yr there are so many questions surrounding the top flight WRs its not even funny

NO

and I have in the past won a championship taking WR WR in round 1/2 but this yr there are so many questions surrounding the top flight WRs its not even funny

1368963[/snapback]

I think Fitz and Boldin are money...as is CJ and TO lol...wherever TO goes, that is..

NO

1368963[/snapback]

If QBs get 6 per TD, I think it's worth taking one in the 1st.

NO

1368963[/snapback]

I imagine that at least a few people who used their first- or second-round picks on Peyton in '04 won their leagues.

But I agree with your overall strategy.

It could turn out that way.  Perhaps it would've been more accurate for me to say that this is definitely a changing-of-the-guard year at the RB position.

1368837[/snapback]

After the top 3-5, there should be a lot of value to be had by the learned, and on the down low. :D