[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss, Randel El, and Lloyd?

thecerwin

I would actually guess hurt. I think many times we are quick to think

a receivers numbers go up when more weapons are added but it always seems the guys that are the only options put up better numbers. Steve Smith put up monster numbers with my grandmother starting at the other WR slot. Galloway was huge with Michael Clayton sucking big time. And of course Santana had a big year with help only from Cooley. I think it will make the passing game more effective but I think Santana's value goes down slightly.

a receivers numbers go up when more weapons are added but it always seems the guys that are the only options put up better numbers. Steve Smith put up monster numbers with my grandmother starting at the other WR slot. Galloway was huge with Michael Clayton sucking big time. And of course Santana had a big year with help only from Cooley. I think it will make the passing game more effective but I think Santana's value goes down slightly.

1366274[/snapback]

Agreed. I think a QB focuses more on his one guy and is more likely to throw into double coverage/force balls. That will inflate a WRs numbers in comparison to a similar situation that has a legit #2.

That said, Smith is obviously special and unless Carolina did something radical like sign Owens, I'd draft him top 10 without hesitation.

I can't say the same for Moss since his career has been up and down. Although Lloyd and Randle El don't inspire me very much, I think Moss comes down anyway. Last year seems more like a career year IMO. I suspect he'll be hard pressed to repeat on 10 40+ yard receptions.

How in the heck are they talking to Abraham now? Do they have a cap exemption, or what?

1366340[/snapback]

they will just ask all the players who they signed to ridiculous contracts restructure....thus making the whole contract thing pointless

Moss had 138 passes and 84 catches last year. All other WAS wideouts had a combined total of 108 passes and 48 catches. I think it is safe to expect Lloyd and Randle El to account for more than 48 catches between them. While there seems to be a lot of room for more passes, WAS has not been a very pass happy team under Gibbs. This may not affect Moss too much but the biggest effect on Moss to me is that most of his yardage and scores all came on long bombs that disappeared mostly in the second half of the season.

Moss had 138 passes and 84 catches last year. All other WAS wideouts had a combined total of 108 passes and 48 catches. I think it is safe to expect Lloyd and Randle El to account for more than 48 catches between them. While there seems to be a lot of room for more passes, WAS has not been a very pass happy team under Gibbs. This may not affect Moss too much but the biggest effect on Moss to me is that most of his yardage and scores all came on long bombs that disappeared mostly in the second half of the season.

1366371[/snapback]

Well stated, DMD. However, I think that this will only help Moss with his deep looks. Instead of having to deep once in every six downs, they can get more consistency from the short passing game and hopefully opening up the field. Probably going to really help Brunell and Portis.

S. Moss just had the biggest year of his career. Not to say he won't be good, or a solid fantasy WR on your team. He reached his ceiling.

1367309[/snapback]

"magic year"

How did I go from reading the Skins were going to be forced to cut 1/3 of the team without the CBA, to signing tons of new people? I love em, but seems like this is more than creative accounting.

Hey maybe they are being hired as "player coaches" Salary for player, cash for coaching...just a joke, but really....how are they doing it?

"magic year"

1367494[/snapback]

Yup.

People make comparisons to him and Steve Smith because they're "small", but unless Moss makes that catch at full speed, he doesn't have the force to instill his will.

I'm not sure what Washington is thinking.

To me, it seems like Gibbs is going to hand over the reins to Campbell, giving him Portis, Cooley, and the three amigos--quite a sleeper pick for QB's next year.

How did I go from reading the Skins were going to be forced to cut 1/3 of the team without the CBA, to signing tons of new people?  I love em, but seems like this is more than creative accounting.

Hey maybe they are being hired as "player coaches"  Salary for player, cash for coaching...just a joke, but really....how are they doing it?

1367505[/snapback]

You'll find out in a couple years when all those back end loaded contracts start

maturing. Then they'll be in cap hell like the Titans the last couple years.

You'll find out in a couple years when all those back end loaded contracts start

maturing. Then they'll be in cap hell like the Titans the last couple years.

1367783[/snapback]

we say that every year and they avoid it...

they just restructure contracts to do this...

so these contracts are really just phantom money and are luring players in with money they don't even intend on paying...

this only really helps Portis and Brunell....?...

1366313[/snapback]

Yep I think Portis will have a great year...he will be in my top 5 RB's this year. I think Al Saunders will have a plan for Portis this coming season. Brunell's health will be the key to this entire O. I worry about that with Brunell.

Guest Cherni

1366274[/snapback]

While it might hurt his overall FP scored, I think he'll put up points in a more consistent fashion. In H2H, that's nice.

S. Moss just had the biggest year of his career. Not to say he won't be good, or a solid fantasy WR on your team. He reached his ceiling.

1367309[/snapback]

Gilthorp Gilthorp my man, my homey. I'm sure your a smart man maybe but these remarks are just plan stupid. The reason Moss had the biggest year of his career this past year with the skins is in previous years with the Jets they never used him and if they did it wasn't the way the skins used him. 2 how could you put a ceiling on someone who produced the stats he did while being doubled and even triple covered for most of the season. with the additions of these 2 fine receivers, cooley at tight end and portis in the backfield defenses can't double him anymore. oh yeah al saunders wide open offense doesn't hurt either. Gilthorp step your game up brother :D

The reason Moss had the biggest year of his career this past year with the skins is in previous years with the Jets they never used him and if they did it wasn't the way the skins used him. 2 how could you put a ceiling on someone who produced the stats he did while being doubled and even triple covered for most of the season. with the additions of these 2 fine receivers, cooley at tight end and portis in the backfield defenses can't double him anymore. oh yeah al saunders wide open offense doesn't hurt either. Gilthorp step your game up brother :D

1369715[/snapback]

I pretty much agree with you here, I think Santana Moss is 1 of the most underrated players in all of football.

That being said, I don't see him getting the Yards of last year, I expect more TD's though.

we say that every year and they avoid it...

they just restructure contracts to do this...

so these contracts are really just phantom money and are luring players in with money they don't even intend on paying...

1367794[/snapback]

I'd like to know how they're doing this as well. Suppossedly, they were gonna have to cut 20 guys, then the cap goes up 7 mil. Thats still way lower then what they were reported over by, yet I haven't noticed any major cuts yet, nothing to indicate getting within the csp numbers. Are they waiting til the last second where their players have no chance to land jobs elsewhere? I don't know how they keep avoiding salary cap hell, but so far it hasn't seemed to work with Snyders attempts to "buy" the championship year after year. Maybe it's the new players year after year, no chemistry or whatever, but however he does it, it's baffeling as they have yet to be in the Titans situation.

I'd like to know how they're doing this as well. Suppossedly, they were gonna have to cut 20 guys, then the cap goes up 7 mil.  Thats still way lower then what they were reported over by, yet I haven't noticed any major cuts yet, nothing to indicate getting within the csp numbers.  Are they waiting til the last second where their players have no chance to land jobs elsewhere?  I don't know how they keep avoiding salary cap hell, but so far it hasn't seemed to work with Snyders attempts to "buy" the championship year after year.  Maybe it's the new players year after year, no chemistry or whatever, but however he does it, it's baffeling as they have yet to be in the Titans situation.

1370186[/snapback]

I think the Lions have more than enough problems. So why don't you focus on them. Ok buddy.

18 receivers on the depth chart :D