[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T. Fonoti could be a Raider

Savage Beatings

The Vikes picked up Fonoti last year to help with the O-line. He was injured part of the time and not in great shape, but the guy is huge and should do very well this year. I was hoping he would secure the right side of the Vikings line, but it looks like he will be going to the Raiders now. :D

Wasn't he on NFL radio selling himself as being in great shape and ready to play? Sounded kinda desperate, do the Vikes now somethign we don't?

1368098[/snapback]

They said on KFAN this morning that Finoti was overweight and lazy to go along with a bad attitude and a band hand last year...

I wouldn't be too excited to land this whale

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Oakland Raiders made their first move in free agency by reaching a one-year, $1 million deal with free-agent OG Toniu Fonoti. Included in the deal is a signing bonus of around $400,000.

1369622[/snapback]

They paid $1 million for an overweight, out-of-shape, often-injured OG!?!? INCREDIBLE!!! :D

They paid $1 million for an overweight, out-of-shape, often-injured OG!?!? INCREDIBLE!!! :D

1369639[/snapback]

I immediately want to snap at ya, Chargerz, but you're right. :D The guy has only really played in 2 of his 4 seasons, and I'm pretty sure I was right when i thought I heard him practiclly begging for a job on NFL radio. Sighh....

-- Fonoti Fails Physical; Raiders Dump Him --

Wed Mar 15, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

#

The San Francisco Chronicle reports the Raiders briefly considered signing former Vikings OG Toniu Fonoti, who visited the team Tuesday. Fonoti, the Chargers' second-round pick in 2002, failed his physical. Fonoti, whose weight has approached 400 pounds, was traded to Minnesota last season but reported at 385 pounds and was recovering from a broken hand. He finished the season on injured reserve because of a groin injury

#

The San Francisco Chronicle reports the Raiders briefly considered signing former Vikings OG Toniu Fonoti, who visited the team Tuesday. Fonoti, the Chargers' second-round pick in 2002, failed his physical. Fonoti, whose weight has approached 400 pounds, was traded to Minnesota last season but reported at 385 pounds and was recovering from a broken hand. He finished the season on injured reserve because of a groin injury

1371141[/snapback]

I can't find any corroborating stories anywhere. Is this true?

#

1371141[/snapback]

He has basically eaten himself out of the NFL!!! :D