[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Demps (Ravens Safety)...

Savage Beatings

I know absolutely zero about Will Demps... is he a decent Safety? He's visiting the Vikings, and given that we've lost Chavous and Williams, I'm guessing the Triangle of Authority is looking to fill that defensive backfield pretty quickly.

Maybe some of you IDP guys can comment on him. :D

I know absolutely zero about Will Demps... is he a decent Safety?  He's visiting the Vikings, and given that we've lost Chavous and Williams, I'm guessing the Triangle of Authority is looking to fill that defensive backfield pretty quickly.

Maybe some of you IDP guys can comment on him.  :D

1368039[/snapback]

Is he a decent safety? In a word...NO.

Once Reed went out last year Demps was exposed BIG TIME, he's also coming off of a significant knee injury. Stay away, VERY FAR AWAY :D

Completly agree. He dropped an outrageous amount of possible interceptions last year and was repeatedlly trucked trying to make a tackle. Find tape of the Lions vs. Ravens game last year and watch what Kevin Jones does to him....I doubt he would want to face him twice a year after that. That being said I'd love for someone to take him off the Ravens hands.

Completly agree. He dropped an outrageous amount of possible interceptions last year and was repeatedlly trucked trying to make a tackle. Find tape of the Lions vs. Ravens game last year and watch what Kevin Jones does to him....I doubt he would want to face him twice a year after that. That being said I'd love for someone to take him off the Ravens hands.

1368160[/snapback]

Demps is a free agent. Capitalism took him off of our hands :D

Demps is a free agent. Capitalism took him off of our hands  :D

1368280[/snapback]

Lol true, but I can just see the Ravens resigning him at the minimum once he realizes no one else wants him. Still would be a waste of money to me.....

Lol true, but I can just see the Ravens resigning him at the minimum once he realizes no one else wants him.

1368500[/snapback]

:D

My money is on the same.

But for a team with gaping holes at safety, he could be better than a 2nd-3rd round rookie...

I liked Demps. He's not great, but with an Ed Reed next to him ,he was more than adequate. He went undrafted to a starter, being on the of the 'finds' the Ravens made three years ago after the big salary cap purge.

He finished last year on IR, so if New York gave him ANY kind of money, I'll wish him luck, but not cry.