[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kitna a Lion?

BigTen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit:  Not a terrible choice, but it's interesting that we have more money than most, but are bringing in marginal players so far.

1368429[/snapback]

Millen is like Kevin McHale at the T-Wolves. Both like to think they can spot real talent where others can't. The problem is that they're wrong. That's why both clubs screw up their draft, their coaching and their free agency all the time.

so Josh McCown, is not going there anymore i would guess.

Arizona quarterback Josh McCown wrapped up his visit to Detroit. "Josh was excited," said McCown's agent, Mike McCartney. "He really feels good about (coach) Rod Marinelli and Mike Martz. He feels like it would be a great fit. So we'll see what happens."...

Link

Millen is like Kevin McHale at the T-Wolves.  Both like to think they can spot real talent where others can't.  The problem is that they're wrong.  That's why both clubs screw up their draft, their coaching and their free agency all the time.

1368569[/snapback]

I will be glad when we get a GM that realizes the game is won at the line of scrimmage.

In all seriousness, if Detroit sees a rookie QB they like this year, why not try to duplicate the Bengals success by playing Kitna one year while the heir appearent learns the ropes? Seems like FA QBs are flying all over the place today. If the rookies drop, might Detroit have a choice between 2 of the big 3 this year?

You know what's going to happen.  Don't you, Detroit fans?

Joey will play lights out in training camp/pre-season and win the starting job.  He then will do enough to keep the job for a majority of the season.  This will finally escalade into a late season change to Kitna.  However, it will be too late and they will suck again.

OK buddy , you keep this up and I will remove the bag from my head and give you a mean stare.

I gotta say I have been a huge fan of Harrington ever since his rookie season--fighting through every single frustrating year where sadly: Joey plays his lights out in training camp, etc. etc. then the season goes down hill from there. But I'm gonna do it again! I really do feel it is not Harrington causing the problems in Detroit. Any real detriot 'fan' can plainly see that it is the freagin' O-line that needs help! They can't even block well enough for K. Jones to run well! Not only that but the coaches simply didn't have the right game plan for the talant they had. These new coaches are going to turn this team around! I can feel it. Watch out vikings... The Lions are gonna run right through ya! :D

Jon Kitna is the perfect Detroit QB.  He's just good enough to reach .500, but not much more.  :D  If history is an indicater, Lions fans should be comfortable there.  :D  :D

1368682[/snapback]

This coming from a Bungle fan.

In all seriousness, if Detroit sees a rookie QB they like this year, why not try to duplicate the Bengals success by playing Kitna one year while the heir appearent learns the ropes?  Seems like FA QBs are flying all over the place today.  If the rookies drop, might Detroit have a choice between 2 of the big 3 this year?

1368723[/snapback]

No offense, but thinking like this is why my Lions are in the place they are now. they think QB's are more important than they are.

The Bengels had a fine offense with kitna behind center,it was the defense that had to improve, and they have and that is why they made it back to the playoffs. don't get me wrong, Palmer is a fine QB. but if not for the improved defense he would of been the QB of a 8 and 8 team too.

I gotta say I have been a huge fan of Harrington ever since his rookie season--fighting through every single frustrating year where sadly: Joey plays his lights out in training camp, etc. etc. then the season goes down hill from there. But I'm gonna do it again! I really do feel it is not Harrington causing the problems in Detroit. Any real detriot 'fan' can plainly see that it is the freagin' O-line that needs help! They can't even block well enough for K. Jones to run well! Not only that but the coaches simply didn't have the right game plan for the talant they had. These new coaches are going to turn this team around! I can feel it. Watch out vikings... The Lions are gonna run right through ya!  :D

1368727[/snapback]

I tend to agree. It's not Detroit that needs to be rid of Harrington so much as Harrington needs to be rid of Detroit.