[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where will Hutchinson end up?

Savage Beatings

After all is said and done, where will Hutchinson end up?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. After all is said and done, where will Hutchinson end up?

• SEA - the Seahawks will match the entire Vikings offer.
    • MIN - the Seahawks will choose not to match the Vikings offer.
    • SEA - the Seahawks will end up with Hutchinson after arbitration over the "poison pill".
    • MIN - the Vikings will end up with Hutchinson after arbitration over the "poison pill".

I just read that Burleson is visiting the Seahawks this week. As he is an RFA, what are the chances that the Vikings would agree to let Nate go as compensation for The Hawks agreeing to not match the Hutch contract? :D

Hutch will end up with the Vikings. Ha-let 'em pay the high price for him. As long as the Seahawks still have W. Jones at the Tackle position Alexander will be fine. :D kudos to the Seahawks if they get Nate Burleson out of this too! It'd make up for the loss of J.J. :D

Pill aside, I don't think the Hawks will pay that much for another O-line.  After the money they have spent on SA they won't be able to afford anyone else.

1371169[/snapback]

Incorrect. If the Hawks choose not to match they will reclaim the $6 mil currently tied up with Hutch in the transition tag, they will be about $20 mil under the cap.

Edited by Bonehand

From NY Post.

Abraham visited Seattle yesterday, but the Seahawks, who reportedly want to match Minnesota's offer to transitioned guard Steve Hutchinson, might be running out of money to spend since the Hutchinson contract the Vikings devised counts some $13 million on this year's salary cap.

mark.cannizzaro@nypost

KFAN this morning said that they expect an Arbitrator to make a ruling sometime today on whether the "poison pill" in the Vikings offer to Hutchinson should be considered a principle term or not.

Simple... if the arbitrator says that the "poison pill" is a principle term, then Hutchinson is a Viking. If the arbitrator says that the "poison pill" is NOT a principle term, then Hutchinson remains a Seahawk.

I'm guessing that the arbitrator will rule in favor of the Seahawks, but at least it should be over with today one way or the other. I hope the Vikings have a really good plan B in their pocket.

KFAN this morning said that they expect an Arbitrator to make a ruling sometime today on whether the "poison pill" in the Vikings offer to Hutchinson should be considered a principle term or not.

Simple... if the arbitrator says that the "poison pill" is a principle term, then Hutchinson is a Viking.  If the arbitrator says that the "poison pill" is NOT a principle term, then Hutchinson remains a Seahawk. 

I'm guessing that the arbitrator will rule in favor of the Seahawks, but at least it should be over with today one way or the other.  I hope the Vikings have a really good plan B in their pocket.

1377888[/snapback]

Don't think the Vikings will need a plan B.... fully expect the arbitrator to go with the principle term.

Don't think the Vikings will need a plan B.... fully expect the arbitrator to go with the principle term.

1377904[/snapback]

Interesting... it just seems to me that the ramifications are too far reaching for an arbitrator to rule that way. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen... but it seems to me that this could open the door for a lot of other "poison pills" that would make it near impossible for teams to try to match depending upon how they are written.

1377904[/snapback]

I don't. I think the arbitrator will go the other way. Absolutely nothing to back that up, just a feeling.

Interesting... it just seems to me that the ramifications are too far reaching for an arbitrator to rule that way.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen... but it seems to me that this could open the door for a lot of other "poison pills" that would make it near impossible for teams to try to match depending upon how they are written.

1377913[/snapback]

I don't.  I think the arbitrator will go the other way.  Absolutely nothing to back that up, just a feeling.

1377914[/snapback]

Believe that there is precedent for the arbitrator going with principle term on something like this.... Wilford-Buffalo?

Believe that there is precedent for the arbitrator going with principle term on something like this.... Wilford-Buffalo?

1377922[/snapback]

I think I remember reading something last week stating CBA was ammended of that particular situation.

No matter which way it goes, I think this is the last time we will see the transition tag used on a player of his caliber for a long time to come. Why should the teams bargain in good faith when the slime ball agents (and maybe players) have no intention of doing the same.

I think I remember reading something last week stating CBA was ammended of that particular situation.

No matter which way it goes, I think this is the last time we will see the transition tag used on a player of his caliber for a long time to come.  Why should the teams bargain in good faith when the slime ball agents (and maybe players) have no intention of doing the same.

1377972[/snapback]

I see it more as the new Vikings management playing hardball. I hope it comes back to bite them later.