[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks resign Rocky Bernard!

Bonehand

By John Clayton

ESPN.com

The Seattle Seahawks haven't decided whether to match the Steve Hutchinson offer sheet from the Minnesota Vikings, but they have prevented their next best free agent from leaving.

The Seahawks fought off the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday and kept defensive tackle Rocky Bernard by reaching a three-year, $13 million deal that included a $5.4 million signing bonus. Bernard is coming off an 8½-sack season and also had his best season stopping the run.

The Chiefs flew in Bernard on Tuesday and were trying to talk him into a contract. The Seahawks kept in touch the entire time and wouldn't let him go.

On Wednesday, they re-signed both wide receiver Peter Warrick and Bernard.

Link

Way too much for Bernard. If they don't keep Hutch it is a moot point anyway. Just trying to appease the fans for losing Manuel, Joe and tagging Hutch transition(dumb f'n move) more will fall by the wayside. Though I do like Rocky, it is a hole that could've been filled better IMO

Way too much for Bernard. If they don't keep Hutch it is a moot point anyway. Just trying to appease the fans for losing Manuel, Joe and tagging Hutch transition(dumb f'n move) more will fall by the wayside. Though I do like Rocky, it is a hole that could've been filled better IMO

1371468[/snapback]

I seriously doubt this had anything to do with appeasing the fans.

I seriously doubt this had anything to do with appeasing the fans.

1371896[/snapback]

Rocky's ok...he had a good year 8.5 sacks and 52 total tackles. In the top 20 in the NFL. Price may be a little steep but I think he will be worth it!!

Sure sounds to me like the Seahawks are preparing for life without Hutch. Supposedly John Abraham, Julian Peterson, Lawyer Milloy, and Nate Burleson are all either in town or will be by the end of the week. Wouldn't figure to have these types of players in if they didn't plan on having much money left.

My first thought was that it that was pretty expensive for Rocky. I'm tryin to work on the whole pessimism thing tho.

I'm tryin to work on the whole pessimism thing tho.

1372137[/snapback]

Hey, you've been a Hawk fan for a long time, you've earned it. I like to give you a little grief now & again, but often you are the voice of reason against my preposterously unwarranted homer optimism! :D Speaking of which:

Ohhh-ho-ho! John Abraham would be soooo awesome as a Hawk! I would trade Hutch for Abraham in a heartbeat.

From Sando's blog earlier today: "Seattle's pass rush could get even stronger if the team lands Jets DE John Abraham. Seattle appears to be quite serious in its pursuit of Abraham, so don't be surprised if the Seahawks make something happen on that front as well."

Edited by Bonehand