[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Chambers oppinions.

Liverlips

also...I remember when Chambers came on late as a rookie....they were talking about how he had the potential to be a Randy Moss-type receiver coming out of the draft...

he has enormous talent...and now he has a QB that will chuck it up to him is even better....another weapon I like in the offense is McMichael..

Oh, I know, but really if you think about it most WRs are streaky.  Except for the top 5 or so, you could say that about anyone really.

1374431[/snapback]

It was a system thing too.

Everybody (except Frerotte) was learning a new system - and Frerotte split snaps in training camp, so he did not get to know the recievers.

This will likely be the case this year as well.....but NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

Miami hasn't changed the offense from last year.

1373605[/snapback]

The new offensive coordinator is ex-BUF headcoach Mike Mularkey. I have a problem believing that Mularkey is going to settle in and continue to install Linehan's offense that only had one season in MIA. Just does not make sense to me and Mularkey won't be able to do that anyway.

The new offensive coordinator is ex-BUF headcoach Mike Mularkey. I have a problem believing that Mularkey is going to settle in and continue to install Linehan's offense that only had one season in MIA. Just does not make sense to me and Mularkey won't be able to do that anyway.

1375847[/snapback]

Thank you.

But the QB position is kinda unsettled with 3 guys in the mix..

Dante, Daunte or Duante. Who's it going to be? :D

1373441[/snapback]

:D

That's strikes me as the funniest thing ever on The Huddle!!!

I think everybody is forgetting just how successful Frerotte was last year for a QB who only started 6 games is the previous 4 years (w/ 4 different teams) and 20 games over the previous 7 years (w/ 5 different teams). This guy is a back up QB who is very servicable....a poor mans Dilfer? Frerotte only had 66 total rushing yards last year, or 4 yds / game and he was putting up pretty decent #s (for him). Clearly, MIA O-line is pretty good as they gave Frerotte adequate time to chuck the rock and MIA had the 12th most rushing yards in the NFL. On the otherhand, CPep averages approx. 475 yards / season in rushing, or 30 yds /game. So go from a healthy 34 year old, 12 year journyman backup QB (Frerotte) to a recovering 28 year old pro bowl running QB. I think that CPep can make the throws and the reads much better than Frerotte, regardless of the fact that a facet of CPeps game is hindered, which in my mind leads to an improved offense in MIA and concludes that its likely that Chambers will have similar or better #s in 2006.

IMO, it does not matter who QB's the team, Chambers will be solid. I have him as a top 7 WR.

1376241[/snapback]

OK, I'll bite:

Jay Feidler? :doah: Not a good year in 2002 for Chambers

AJ Feely? :doah: Not a good year in 2004 for Chambers

Alex Smith? :doah:

Any QB rookie? :doah:

(edited as Doc was responding)

Edited by Pancake

Why not, look how he looked last year?

I don't remember seeing a pro Bowl QB on the roster.

1376252[/snapback]

I agree with you to some extent as I think MIA has many of the pieces of the puzzle in place to make a run at the ring, but a bad QB can ruin a team. IMO, there is a big difference between a bad QB and a servicable QB. I think Fiedler, Feely, Alex Smith (for the next couple years) are bad QBs and Frerotte is a servicable QB. A bad QB basically hands the game to the other team while a servicable QB increases the odds of winning by not making mistakes and letting the team win the game.

Frerotte is a better QB than these guys...not much. I'll give Fiedler credit for his 2003 year when Chamber had just under 1,000 yds and 11 TDs....but if you look closer Fiedler only threw 11 TDs in 2003 and Chambers caught 9 of those....a one trick pony...MIAs passing game consisted of Fiedler droping back and locking onto Chambers. Not long before the defenses just double covered Chambers and blitz and Fiedler couldnt make the progression reads and started to take sacks (19 in 12 games) one of which took him out for 4 games.

I agree with you to some extent as I think MIA has many of the pieces of the puzzle in place to make a run at the ring, but a bad QB can ruin a team.  IMO, there is a big difference between a bad QB and a servicable QB.  I think Fiedler, Feely, Alex Smith (for the next couple years) are bad QBs and Frerotte is a servicable QB.  A bad QB basically hands the game to the other team while a servicable QB increases the odds of winning by not making mistakes and letting the team win the game.

Frerotte is a better QB than these guys...not much.  I'll give Fiedler credit for his 2003 year when Chamber had just under 1,000 yds and 11 TDs....but if you look closer Fiedler only threw 11 TDs in 2003 and Chambers caught 9 of those....a one trick pony...MIAs passing game consisted of Fiedler droping back and locking onto Chambers. Not long before the defenses just double covered Chambers and blitz and Fiedler couldnt make the progression reads and started to take sacks (19 in 12 games) one of which took him out for 4 games.

1376260[/snapback]

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree that Frerotte is not horrible, in fact I think you guys will regret not keeping him around. but you guys have a much better offensive system now. it is more QB friendly and that to me is the only difference in the way Chambers played last year compared to his previous years. I have always though Chambers was a star WR, he just was in a absolutely horrible system for hisself, not to mention their line was only good for getting QB's injured.

Chambers had 3 100 yard games last year. He had a big game (15,238,1) that helped his numbers. He scored in 8 games and that's not bad. He had 60 or less receiving yards in 9 games.

The dude is a big talent, but players in new situations rarely lead the league.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree that Frerotte is not horrible, in fact I think you guys will regret not keeping him around. but you guys have a much better offensive system now. it is more QB friendly and that to me is the only difference in the way Chambers played last year compared to his previous years. I have always though Chambers was a star WR, he just was in a absolutely horrible system for hisself, not to mention their line was only good for getting QB's injured.

1376265[/snapback]

Doc, Im a niners fan. Not sure why you thought I was a Fins fan....just nothing positive to say about my 9ers at the moment. I'm with you in that I think Chambers is a "hugh" talent and I have been drafting him most years hes been in the league, and boy did it pay off for me in 2005!

Given his consistent top 20ish performance since he has been in the league AND his "hugh" 2005 year AND a legit QB behind center in 2006 I see Double C being drafted in last half of the top 10 WRs in fantasy drafts coming up. My days of drafting CC in the late mid rounds are gone.

Edited by Pancake