[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An angry Bears fan finally spouts off....

Pope Flick

Very disgusted they sat on their hands and haven't spent much money at this point. :D

1376968[/snapback]

I draw your attention to post #35 in this thread. It's the McCaskeys, after all, and any money they spend now is down the toilet as far as they are concerned. Owners have to want to win as well as make money. Ours don't care if they win or not, the money's the same.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cop out.

"Unlucky" at what? Having 3 different plays end with him being hit in a soft part of his body? Which injury involved him not even being touched? Was it the finger or the ankle? IIRC the most recent one, the knee, involved a bad roll up on it.

1376923[/snapback]

In his three NFL seasons, Grossman has suffered three major injuries. That's not "unlucky". It's called "soft".

The Bears sell out all their seats

The Bears have a new stadium with lucrative revenue streams

The Bears have lucrative local contracts for radio etc

The Bears have their share of NFL national TV contracts

The Bears are $17 million under the cap. 

So, tell me once again why the McCaskeys are incentivized in any way to spend any of that $17m when they can't possibly increase their profits if they do, only decrease them?

1376690[/snapback]

Sounds eerily like the Cubs...what is it with you Chicagoans and your support for teams that have ridiculously apathetic ownership?

As to the QB situation, I would assess it as this is Grossman's make-or-break year - if he doesn't stay healthy, it would be best to give up on him. Orton did a reasonable job considering he was a rook thrown into the fire; I'd expect him to be much improved this year - who knows, he might be the answer (though I wouldn't bet on it).

But worrying about Griese or McCown or whomever - :D - I don't necessarily view ANY of the FA QBs as someone who can carry a team. The upside is with the defense and running game in Chicago, a QB doesn't have to.

Yeah, well at least the Vikings didn't give up THREE draft picks to acquire Opie.  :D

Acquired by Washington in trade (2/15/99) from Minnesota for 1999 first-round and third-round draft choices and a 2000 second-round pick.

1375814[/snapback]

Yes and the Vikings made the best out of those picks. They always do so well in the draft. You can tell by how well that team gels and how fast they make their picks on draft day. They just know who they want, plain and simple. :D

"The Vikings are a sleep at the wheel for the second year in a row. The Vikings are so inept on draft day they should just let the training staff draft for now on. To me this franchise was better off trading 3 years of draft picks to the cowboys for Herschel Walker. Wow, I mean Wow"; Mel Kiper Jr.

Sounds eerily like the Cubs...what is it with you Chicagoans and your support for teams that have ridiculously apathetic ownership?

1377531[/snapback]

That's petty much the reason that my father won't root for the Bears: Their front office is apathetic because they know that whatever happens, fans will still flock to the games. It's that type of attitude that causes a 97-year drought without a championship and, unfortunately, the Bears seem to be emulating the Cubs as the proper business model for a sports team.

From ESPN.com Insider:

Bears wooing Griese

<Mar. 20> Griese spent his 31st birthday Saturday dining with Bears general manager Jerry Angelo and quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson, the Chicago Sun-Times reports. The Bears have dispatched offensive coordinator Ron Turner to Florida to meet with Griese today. If the meeting goes well, the team could make a contract offer, according to the Sun-Times.

"I don't think there is any question the Bears are an interesting situation," Griese's agent, Ralph Cindrich, said. "There is a large amount of interest on Brian's part. He'll [meet with Turner], and we'll see where things go from there."

Griese has also visited Cincinnati and has drawn interest from Baltimore. It was believed the Bucs would try to re-sign Griese, whom they released, but talks stalled last week.

Yes and the Vikings made the best out of those picks. They always do so well in the draft. You can tell by how well that team gels and how fast they make their picks on draft day. They just know who they want, plain and simple.  :D

"The Vikings are a sleep at the wheel for the second year in a row.  The Vikings are so inept on draft day they should just let the training staff draft for now on. To me this franchise was better off trading 3 years of draft picks to the cowboys for Herschel Walker. Wow, I mean Wow"; Mel Kiper Jr.

1378704[/snapback]

Get a clue. The draft day blunders were not the Vikings fault. Do some research Dorothy.