[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What was Randle El's pass worth?

louisville lip

Hines Ward hasn't said anything about being the SB MVP

1374846[/snapback]

I didn't mean he was the MVP. Randle El's worth went up because of the game. I was just sayig the game can get players who do well a ton of money.

I didn't mean he was the MVP.  Randle El's worth went up because of the game. I was just sayig the game can get players who do well a ton of money.

1374888[/snapback]

right, but I doubt anyone would have paid Randle El that kind of money other than the Skins...

I don't know how he commanded a price tag like that...Snyder is crazy..

For sure that pass was worth millions. I would love to see where the other teams were at with the money offers to Randle El. I know there is no way the Steelers were anywhere near that offer.

And as already mentioned Larry Brown has got to be the all time cash out on Super Bowl fame guy. In fact I think he was lost out there and way out of place when the ball come floating his way...twice.

I don't think the super bowl had anything to do with it. The guy fits what they're trying to do on offense and they didn't want to lose him to anyone else. Who knows what other teams would have paid? He never left Washington to find out. Plus you have now idea how the contract is structured. And I bet you same guys were saying the Skins gave up way to much and paid way to much for S. Moss just last year.

For sure that pass was worth millions.  I would love to see where the other teams were at with the money offers to Randle El.  I know there is no way the Steelers were anywhere near that offer.

And as already mentioned Larry Brown has got to be the all time cash out on Super Bowl fame guy.  In fact I think he was lost out there and way out of place when the ball come floating his way...twice.

1375434[/snapback]

:D

After all these years, that may finally be the best explanation of those two INTs I have ever hear. It all makes since now.

P.S. I think he got the most Boos at the SB this year when they were announcing the MVPs (Steeler and Raider fans :D )

Has a single pass, particularly one not thrown by a QB, ever earned a player more money than the TD pass Randle El threw in the Super Bowl?

$31 million ($11.5 guaranteed) is a lot for a third WR.  I'd venture that Snyder paid double Randle El's worth because of that one pass.  What do you think?

1374792[/snapback]

Lynn Swann made the HOF because of 1 play, so this should not suprise.

Superbowl MVP's have profited greatly by their play too. Larry Brown anyone?

1374805[/snapback]

Pretty sure Dexter Jackson made out well in AZ for a few years after that TB Super Bowl. Larry Brown should have invited Neil O'Donnell to walk with him during the pregame ceremony.