[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now what does Oakland do at QB?

Todd1

Tui is a 5th year guy and Walters a 2nd, there is no way that Davis drafts a rookie and goes into the season with that much youth at QB. 

If you think 'scrap heap' player like Gannon, that leads me to a veteran guy like Griese, Brooks.  Collins coming back or a Fiedler wouldn't suprise me either.

1376595[/snapback]

There were rumors Tui would be cut last year, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him gone this year.

Count on Brooks being the veteran, with Walter being the second year, and maybe Vince Young.

Still a lot of youth, but I don't see Al Davis passing on Vince Young.

Also consider the possibility that Collins comes back. He said he wouldn't play for "peanuts" and has been a free agent for several weeks now with out any luck. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back to Art Shell and Davis saying he would play for less, which is exactly what Davis wanted all along.

Walter was great in college; I would definitely give him a chance. That said though, they need to bring in a veteran to compete. I don't think Brooks is a terrible option either. He needed a change of scenery. With all the weapons Oakland has, I can see him doing great, even Walters.

Walter was great in college; I would definitely give him a chance. That said though, they need to bring in a veteran to compete. I don't think Brooks is a terrible option either. He needed a change of scenery. With all the weapons Oakland has, I can see him doing great, even Walters.

1376758[/snapback]

Agreed. Everyone is pretty hard on Brooks, and I can understand why. But lets face it, his RBs have gone down the past 2 seasons, Joe Horn has been injured, and the defense sucked so much he was on the field 3/4 of the game. Not to mention one of his primary targets was Aza-Hakim.

Put him in the silver and black, give him a durable RB, explosive recievers, a talented young line, and a defense that is one step ahead of NO's and I think you will see a different QB.

Nice emoticon, it was just 2 years ago Pittsburgh was in love with "touchdown" Tommy Maddox wasn't it?

1376646[/snapback]

I wasn't!  I had my doubts about a former XFLer.  Steelers never had a great QB

since Bradshaw. I was pissed when they passed up Marino in the draft like alot

of teams did. I think they would have won 2 more SBs if they'd have drafted

Danny boy.

They finally have their Bradshaw replacement now though. It took them long

enough.  :D

He has the cannon Davis is looking for.

But I honestly don't think he will stand much of a chance going against Brooks or Vince Young, which is too bad. I always liked him at ASU.

But darn... That kid can throw.

1376460[/snapback]

6'6 230 ain't bad either...

Agreed. Everyone is pretty hard on Brooks, and I can understand why. But lets face it, his RBs have gone down the past 2 seasons, Joe Horn has been injured, and the defense sucked so much he was on the field 3/4 of the game. Not to mention one of his primary targets was Aza-Hakim.

Put him in the silver and black, give him a durable RB, explosive recievers, a talented young line, and a defense that is one step ahead of NO's and I think you will see a different QB.

1376928[/snapback]

Man, talk about trying to put things in a good light.

Let's not distort all the facts though. The Saints D was better than Oakland's last year in total yds and first downs allowed, better in time of possession, and equal in turnovers. The only primary defensive statistic where Oakland's D was better was points allowed -- 15 less points (and the Saints allowed 52 pts at GB to skew that number). Of course, that was while the Saints were playing 16 road games.

There is a reason everyone is hard on Brooks -- he is a poor leader, he stares down receivers, his accuracy and touch are marginal (career completion % is 56.1), and his decision-making is terribly erratic.

Isn't this all just a reprise of 2005 all over again, just substitute the name Aaron Brooks for Kerry Collins in the discussions ??

Unless the Raiders land Young at the 7th spot....I believe Walter will start next year.

From most sources I've seen, the Raiders are looking for a veteran to BACKUP up Walters this year. Walter was down last year because of injury and never really showed what he had in a regular season game, but he did show some potential in the preseason.

If you look at his college resume it is pretty comparable to many QBs taken in the 1st round over the past 5 to 10 years. He was projected to be taken in the 1st last year, but due to a shoulder injury, he dropped to the 3rd. The only knock on him is that he may be injury prone....but he is still young so that label could change in time.

Unless the Raiders some how snag one of the top-3 QBs in the draft (which I doubt - not Al's style)....I fully believe Walter will be the man this September.

He'd probably look like sh!T in the same way he did in blue.

1378328[/snapback]

You'd look bad if all 3 of your first round recievers dropped every ball you threw at them too, rookie.

Read an article saying McCown became uninterested in the Raiders when they let him know they were considering using their first round pick on a quarterback.

I've said it before: I like Harrington a lot and think he will succeed given a new environment and offense. Oakland would be perfect for him; I think he would be able to finally show off his talents. Either way, it looks like they are drafting a QB. Whoever they sign won't be the answer.

Man, talk about trying to put things in a good light.

Let's not distort all the facts though.  The Saints D was better than Oakland's last year in total yds and first downs allowed, better in time of possession, and equal in turnovers.  The only primary defensive statistic where Oakland's D was better was points allowed -- 15 less points (and the Saints allowed 52 pts at GB to skew that number).  Of course, that was while the Saints were playing 16 road games.

There is a reason everyone is hard on Brooks -- he is a poor leader, he stares down receivers, his accuracy and touch are marginal (career completion % is 56.1), and his decision-making is terribly erratic.

Isn't this all just a reprise of 2005 all over again, just substitute the name Aaron Brooks for Kerry Collins in the discussions ??

1377348[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. I still wonder at how Brooks is lauded in some circles while Vick is crucified. Nearly the same completion percentage, but uhh, didn't some football guy say something like "Just win baby?". Sure Brooks has thrown for more yards and TD's, but he's NEVER, EVER going to put a team on his back and will them to win. And not to hijack the thread, but last season saw FOUR GAMES where the D gave up double-digit leads in the second half, before anyone brings that up. When you stake your D to 28+ points, you're supposed to win.