[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ron effing Dayne

vansmack32

I just cannot believe this guy is going the be the man in Denver this year. That said, it appears to be the case. A lot of positive talk about him on Sirius NFL channel recently, and, if they've truly soured on Tatum Bell, Dayne might get more work than Anderson did when he was healthy last year.

If he goes into the season as the #1, dare we consider Dayne a top 15 back next year (12 TD's/1200 yards)?

I just cannot believe this guy is going the be the man in Denver this year.  That said, it appears to be the case.  A lot of positive talk about him on Sirius NFL channel recently, and, if they've truly soured on Tatum Bell, Dayne might get more work than Anderson did when he was healthy last year.

If he goes into the season as the #1, dare we consider Dayne a top 15 back next year (12 TD's/1200 yards)?

1376816[/snapback]

He wont be the man

Denver needs only do 1 thing and one thign only to turn Ron Dayne into a TD scoring premiere RB in the NFL this season:

Keep a gigantic pile of Whoppers in the endzone for him, and let him know they're there. That was NY's mistake, they wouldn't leave the WHoppers within his line of vision and he never really reached his potential.. or the Whoppers.

Denver will do like they always do. Draft someone you never heard of in the 5th round and run him for 1500 yards this year.

1376846[/snapback]

+1

And it will piss the rest of us in the AFC West off like hell, because no one has ever heard of the kid before, while our 1-5th round picks arn't nearly as amazing.

I just cannot believe this guy is going the be the man in Denver this year.  That said, it appears to be the case.  A lot of positive talk about him on Sirius NFL channel recently, and, if they've truly soured on Tatum Bell, Dayne might get more work than Anderson did when he was healthy last year.

1376816[/snapback]

He may end up the starter, but someone else will get a majority of the carries. I don't feel the starting RB for them is on the roster yet.

1376816[/snapback]

Dayne blows. The broncos will probably draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd round, throw him in with Bell and Dayne and throw Athenae at the wall until it sticks.

I think there is an outside chance that R. Williams will be in Denver if he is cleared to play. The Broncos were interested in him before his drug test came back positive and I believe they still will be if he is cleared. He would definitely be a great fit with the Bronco's system.

I'm really not sure where I stand on this issue. I own Dayne and Bell in GMX, so I do have some vested interest, but it's kind of unclear right now.

Given the Clarett situation and the Ricky W rumors, Shanahan seems to be extremely interested in reclamation projects. Dayne would fit that description. Plus, since Shanny knows his running game was still extremely productive last year without a true #1 guy, I could definitely see him entering 2006 with just Dayne and Bell getting almost all of the carries.

Don't forget -- Dayne ran in a zone-blocking system in college, so if he suddenly thrived in Denver, I wouldn't be surprised.

Denver will do like they always do. Draft someone you never heard of in the 5th round and run him for 1500 yards this year.

1376846[/snapback]

exactly what I am waiting for...

the question is, who is the handcuff?...Bell or Dayne?

I'm really not sure where I stand on this issue. I own Dayne and Bell in GMX, so I do have some vested interest, but it's kind of unclear right now.

Given the Clarett situation and the Ricky W rumors, Shanahan seems to be extremely interested in reclamation projects. Dayne would fit that description. Plus, since Shanny knows his running game was still extremely productive last year without a true #1 guy, I could definitely see him entering 2006 with just Dayne and Bell getting almost all of the carries.

Don't forget -- Dayne ran in a zone-blocking system in college, so if he suddenly thrived in Denver, I wouldn't be surprised.

1377151[/snapback]

Dayne lacks the breakaway speed that is needed for a productive back in the Denver system...

the fact that Dayne or Bell couldn't unseat Anderson who was once the FB because there was someone better only tells me that the starter in Denver won't appear until weeks 3-5....

and he'll still get 1400+ yds and 8+ TD's

Dayne lacks the breakaway speed that is needed for a productive back in the Denver system...

1377155[/snapback]

Okay, that was just an asinine statement, buddy.

So, suddenly Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, and Mike Anderson (again) all had "breakaway speed"? There have been only two RBs in that system with that kind of speed -- Portis and Bell. Portis was a big departure from Shanahan's normal drafting strategy. He likes bigger backs and he likes to take them later than the 2nd round.

He tried to groom another "speed back" with Bell, but he doesn't like the results so far. Hence, Dayne getting a shot. Shanny's going back to his original strategy.

Okay, that was just an asinine statement, buddy.

So, suddenly Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, and Mike Anderson (again) all had "breakaway speed"? There have been only two RBs in that system with that kind of speed -- Portis and Bell. Portis was a big departure from Shanahan's normal drafting strategy. He likes bigger backs and he likes to take them later than the 2nd round.

He tried to groom another "speed back" with Bell, but he doesn't like the results so far. Hence, Dayne getting a shot. Shanny's going back to his original strategy.

1377207[/snapback]

so you're comparing Davis, Gary and Anderson to Dayne?...I didn't say you had to be fast like Portis...but as fat as he is, I doubt he'd be productive for more than 7 or 8 games tops with a lag in between them....halfway into the season, he won't have what it takes to finish the season...

he's just way too fat.....asinine?...lmao...rethink your position..

edit: also, I know you'll likely try to flip this, so I'll restate what I said...Gary is no better than Dayne when it comes to running the ball...but he was faster and took advantage of hitting the hole just even a split second faster than Dayne would...

staypuffed marshmellow man would get busted 4 weeks into the season..

Edited by Avernus

How did Bell lose his job as #2 behind Mike Anderson in the off-season?  He had a very high YPC and played very well with the carries he got.  I must have missed something, when did Dayne surpass Bell and how?

1377219[/snapback]

the style of running he does and Bell's inability to stay healthy...

on top of that, Skeletor likes to motivate young talent that hasn't lived up to expectations...

Dayne has breakaway speed he just has poor acceleration, which is why he never worked out as a goal=line back. His gears run high but when he does get his 250 pound frame into 5th gear he becomes very difficult to take down. The key is whether Denver can get him into 5th gear consistently enough...

so you're comparing Davis, Gary and Anderson to Dayne?

1377217[/snapback]

No -- I don't need to. Your comment was that Dayne wouldn't succeed in Denver because he lacked breakaway speed. I listed a bunch of RBs without breakaway speed who succeeded in Denver. You implied speed was necessary in the scheme, but it's just not the case.

No -- I don't need to. Your comment was that Dayne wouldn't succeed in Denver because he lacked breakaway speed. I listed a bunch of RBs without breakaway speed who succeeded in Denver. You implied speed was necessary in the scheme, but it's just not the case.

1377297[/snapback]

it's not...you misinterpreted my statement...

he lacks the breakaway speed to succeed anywhere and he's not a powerback, despite his size...he's not the starter in Denver.....well, he's named that now...in March lol...we have another 6 months until it holds weight...in this case, literally..