[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ron effing Dayne

vansmack32

I think there is an outside chance that R. Williams will be in Denver if he is cleared to play. The Broncos were interested in him before his drug test came back positive and I believe they still will be if he is cleared. He would definitely be a great fit with the Bronco's system.

1377116[/snapback]

What makes you think Ricky Williams will get cleared to play? I haven't heard any NEW info suggesting otherwise. Is there any out there, and if so... linkage...!

What makes you think Ricky Williams will get cleared to play? I haven't heard any NEW info suggesting otherwise. Is there any out there, and if so... linkage...!

1377409[/snapback]

No link here. I did not quote anyone, just my gut feeling tells me he will be playing this year. It was not maryjane he got popped for. A substance in his herbal junk he takes for yoga. We will see. I hope like hell he plays since I have him in 3 keeper leagues and I am hanging on. :D

No link here. I did not quote anyone, just my gut feeling tells me he will be playing this year. It was not maryjane he got popped for. A substance in his herbal junk he takes for yoga. We will see. I hope like hell he plays since I have him in 3 keeper leagues and I am hanging on.  :D

1377572[/snapback]

I agree that evidence seems to point (although tenuously) that williams will be cleared. However, even if cleared, his trade value, i would think, would be much lower than his actual value, so i don't see him being dealt at this point.

If Dayne was so great, why didn't he play more last year?

yuup...you'd make a terrible lawyer...stop trying...

the point is that Dayne is a fat lard...the zone blocking will get you only so far..

1377594[/snapback]

Used to be overweight for the position, but he dropped a lot of weight when he was a Bronco. You saw some flashed of brilliance out of him last year....he had speed that wasn't there when he was a Giant. If he starts clicking as the man in Denver, watch out. He ran behind a great offensive line in Wisconsin.

Used to be overweight for the position, but he dropped a lot of weight when he was a Bronco.  You saw some flashed of brilliance out of him last year....he had speed that wasn't there when he was a Giant.  If he starts clicking as the man in Denver, watch out.  He ran behind a great offensive line in Wisconsin.

1377634[/snapback]

I dunno...I'd have to see more than a handfull of carries every 3 games where he has a strong drive as the opposing D is winded...

I still think this is nothing more than motivation for Bell...

Anderson being named the starter was motivation for Bell, but it stuck as Bell is a Rosie O'Donnell....and also Anderson came in camp the best shape of his career...

if Dayne comes in and does well and holds weight...I'm more than willing to eat my words...because the fantasy pot is worth more to me....but I have a strong history in predicting RB's...especially Denver RB's....

I drafted Portis in 2002 while everyone laughed...in 2004 I took Q Griffin and handcuffed with Droughns....Droughns helped me win my title with a strong finish...

this year...as I said before...the starter will be a rookie....even if he doesn't start the season a starter...

You all should get your heads out of fantasy land and realize that if this RBBC situation is working (produced 2 1000 yd rushers in '05) than why would they change it. NO ONE WILL BE "THE MAN" in Denver. Dayne, Bell and an unnamed rookie will share the carries screwing all the morons who decide to draft a Den RB. If you are banking on Dayne or Bell your season is shot anyway.

You all should get your heads out of fantasy land and realize that if this RBBC situation is working (produced 2 1000 yd rushers in '05) than why would they change it. NO ONE WILL BE "THE MAN" in Denver. Dayne, Bell and an unnamed rookie will share the carries screwing all the morons who decide to draft a Den RB. If you are banking on Dayne or Bell your season is shot anyway.

1377778[/snapback]

I'm not sure if you recall a man named Terrell Davis or maybe another man named Clinton Portis? Both played the Running Back position for a team called the Denver Broncos. Both were coached by a Head Coach named Mike Shanahan. Neithere were part of RBBC. Basically everyone who's been playing fantasy long enough dreams of the days where Denver had didn't have RBBC. If Shanahan has a guy who he knows can be the every down back, he won't use RBBC the way he has since Portis left. It may just be a dream at this point.....but we are all still holding out hope.

I'm not sure if you recall a man named Terrell Davis or maybe another man named Clinton Portis?  Both played the Running Back position for a team called the Denver Broncos.  Both were coached by a Head Coach named Mike Shanahan.  Neithere were part of RBBC.  Basically everyone who's been playing fantasy long enough dreams of the days where Denver had didn't have RBBC.  If Shanahan has a guy who he knows can be the every down back, he won't use RBBC the way he has since Portis left.  It may just be a dream at this point.....but we are all still holding out hope.

1377794[/snapback]

This was the philosophy I held last year.

A couple of things I expect to happen next year.

Shanny still likes Bell. He has stated publicly that he thinks Bell can only hold up to about 15 touches per game. He will continue to keep his carries/touches at this level next year.

Denver will draft a RB. Alot depends on what happens in the 1st round. If they don't like the WR/DE options, then they might just draft a RB in the 1st rnd.

Dayne will most likely start camp as the #1 option with Bell the #2. Until the rookie takes over the #1 spot, you just never know. If the rookie wins the #1 role, then look for him to get 20-25 carries per game and Bell continuing to split time. If Dayne wins the #1 role then it could become a very confusing RBBC relying on no one back.

JMO at this point. We'll see.

This was the philosophy I held last year. 

A couple of things I expect to happen next year. 

Shanny still likes Bell.  He has stated publicly that he thinks Bell can only hold up to about 15 touches per game.  He will continue to keep his carries/touches at this level next year. 

Denver will draft a RB.  Alot depends on what happens in the 1st round.  If they don't like the WR/DE options, then they might just draft a RB in the 1st rnd. 

Dayne will most likely start camp as the #1 option with Bell the #2.  Until the rookie takes over the #1 spot, you just never know.  If the rookie wins the #1 role, then look for him to get 20-25 carries per game and Bell continuing to split time.  If Dayne wins the #1 role then it could become a very confusing RBBC relying on no one back.

JMO at this point.  We'll see.

1378613[/snapback]

Pretty much accurate, in my opinion. I could see the Broncos being tempted by Maroney in the 1st round, but I would be surprised if Shanny actually spent a 1st-rounder on a RB.

The ONLY thing I know right now is that Shanahan is arrogant about his schemes (rightfully so). I seriously doubt he's worried about how successful his running game will be. With Bell and Dayne, he thinks he has two capable ball-carriers. He'll ultimately target a different position in the first round.

Once the 3rd round rolls around, though, all bets are off. :D

Pretty much accurate, in my opinion. I could see the Broncos being tempted by Maroney in the 1st round, but I would be surprised if Shanny actually spent a 1st-rounder on a RB.

The ONLY thing I know right now is that Shanahan is arrogant about his schemes (rightfully so). I seriously doubt he's worried about how successful his running game will be. With Bell and Dayne, he thinks he has two capable ball-carriers. He'll ultimately target a different position in the first round.

Once the 3rd round rolls around, though, all bets are off. :D

1378898[/snapback]

Your probably right. Although it will be darn hard to pass on Maroney.

Same ole drip drap as last year...and I thought some actually knew the Broncos.

Personally, I wouldn't be so quick to discount Dayne....actually picked up Anderson in the 11th round in my big money league last year........don't ask.....lol

Contrary to all you pork nosticators...I see us going WR or O-line with our first pick....but what do I know. :D

Edit: Would be very interesting if Shannahan could swing a deal for Sproles....if that were to happen, watch out!!!!!

Edited by Turf Smurf