[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rosenhaus on ESPN

ebartender

Just watched the interview with Rosenhaus and some points made me laugh:

"This is the best deal a wide receiver has ever signed."

Are you kidding me? Maybe I haven't read the whole contract, but it seems like a so-so deal to me. He gets $5M signing bonus and $5M for the first year correct. That is nice, but best deal?

"...the situation Owens was put in last year..."

I assume he thinks that Owens or his own crap didn't start this whole situation?

Can this guy be any more of a tool? I just cringe when I hear him speak.

Sorry, just had to vent.

Just watched the interview with Rosenhaus and some points made me laugh:

"This is the best deal a wide receiver has ever signed."

Are you kidding me?  Maybe I haven't read the whole contract, but it seems like a so-so deal to me.  He gets $5M signing bonus and $5M for the first year correct.  That is nice, but best deal?

"...the situation Owens was put in last year..."

I assume he thinks that Owens or his own crap didn't start this whole situation?

Can this guy be any more of a tool?  I just cringe when I hear him speak.

Sorry, just had to vent.

1376946[/snapback]

Sounds like political spin. Everything is good. :D

He got fired for screwing up the team? "It's an opportunity to screw up a new team."

Next question.

3 yr 25 million is the highest contract ever for a WR per season average.  8.33 million avg over the course fo the contract.

1377215[/snapback]

Harrison's deal was $67 mil over 7 years -- $9.6 mil per season.

Moss' contract was $75 mil over 8 years -- $9.4 mil per season.

Harrison's deal was $67 mil over 7 years -- $9.6 mil per season.

Moss' contract was $75 mil over 8 years -- $9.4 mil per season.

1377222[/snapback]

The real question is when is the bonus paid out in the front or back end.

AKA Steve McNair had a 50 million dollar. roster bonus he was never going to get. For contract options where as TO can get his in 3 yrs.

isn't it nice to see the cowboys step up like this and reward TO/rosenhaus for their behavior?

a few months ago we all said no way ANY team would throw a top shelf contract at TO, and one small bit of satisfaction we all had was knowing that that these antics would cost TO and drew millions. they could desecrate the game with their bullchit, but there would be ramifications -- and we could sit back and laugh at their idiocy and self-imposed misfortune. i mean, NO team would be stupid enough to bank millions of guaranteed money after all that, would they? or would they?

isn't it nice to see the cowboys step up like this and reward TO/rosenhaus for their behavior? 

a few months ago we all said no way ANY team would throw a top shelf contract at TO, and one small bit of satisfaction we all had was knowing that that these antics would cost TO and drew millions.  they could desecrate the game with their bullchit, but there would be ramifications -- and we could sit back and laugh at their idiocy and self-imposed misfortune.  i mean, NO team would be stupid enough to bank millions of guaranteed money after all that, would they?  or would they?

1377244[/snapback]

Jerry Jones did and after the Eagles won over TO Gene Upshaw said (basically) the arbitrator was fired for his work.

a few months ago we all said no way ANY team would throw a top shelf contract at TO, and one small bit of satisfaction we all had was knowing that that these antics would cost TO and drew millions.  they could desecrate the game with their bullchit, but there would be ramifications -- and we could sit back and laugh at their idiocy and self-imposed misfortune.  i mean, NO team would be stupid enough to bank millions of guaranteed money after all that, would they?  or would they?

1377244[/snapback]

How bout them Cowboys.

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

T.O.  has never been in trouble with the law, never tested positive for drugs, never hit someone in his car... TO does block defenders, TO does go 100% every play, TO is the best receiver in football.  He just has a hugh mouth.

1377426[/snapback]

just don't say you think he'll do well in Dallas or you're really gonna open yourself up in here.... :D

T.O.  has never been in trouble with the law, never tested positive for drugs, never hit someone in his car... TO does block defenders, TO does go 100% every play, TO is the best receiver in football.  He just has a hugh mouth.

1377426[/snapback]

TO Has disrupted a locker room on the West Coast. TO has disrupted a locker room on the East Coast. TO did get in a fight with a coach. TO did get sent home for the season by the team he was on.

Saying he's the best is your opinion, but thats it. His stats have never been better than Harrison's in any season.

1377426[/snapback]

No just talks about fellow players behind their back on national television and divides teams. From a team standpoint doing drugs but being a team player would be an improvement.

He's like the psycho girlfriend without the sex.

just don't say you think he'll do well in Dallas or you're really gonna open yourself up in here.... :D

1377446[/snapback]

Kind of how everyone was ripping on us Eagles fans for being excited when we got him. We got one great season out of him and then it blew up. I would do it all over again if it gave the Eagles a chance for a superbowl.

1377426[/snapback]

This is true, but when you call out your franchise QB to a fist fight and tell your offensive coordinator not to speak to you unless you speak to him first it is kind of devastating to the team.

1377426[/snapback]

TO=Team cancer...plain and simple The question is not "if", but "when" will he pull the same chit on the Boys?

Call it what you will, but a 5M signing bonus and a 5M salary looks like a guaranteed 10M for what is basically a one year contract. Because we all know this thing will change 12 months from now.

Not bad considering what TO did to his team and reputation last year.

The real question is when is the bonus paid out in the front or back end

1377228[/snapback]

Harrison's bonuses are paid in the form of a large original signing bonus ($6 million), and receives a $10 million roster bonus this year. It guaranteed him $23 million.

1377426[/snapback]

Let me guess. Cowboys fan?

And so it begins. Again.

And to think, I already know the ending.

Edited by CaptainHook

1377426[/snapback]

:D Looks like everyone supported your post a lot...

Welcome to The Huddle.

T.O. fought with Garcia, Mariucci, McNabb, the entire Eagles coaching staff, Hugh Douglass, and everyone else who got in his way. He tears franchises apart, and as stated before, I think "Cancer" is the best word for him.

Or maybe a very lethal Nerve Gas, as seen on 24 last week.

1377426[/snapback]

DMD doesn't have the label "rookie" for nothing..

welcome..